• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Top 5 most anticipated this year?

1) Metro Thuggin
2) Mr. Wonderful
3) Rodeo
4) Dark Sky Paradise
5) Yeezus 2

Maybe replace Ye with that new Meek. Not really super "excited" for anything this year TBH, more interested to see how things shake out or what surprises this year brings. Metro Thuggin is straight heat but who knows when/where it's coming out, Rodeo's [street] singles are okay, not exactly as great as his previous 2 projects' highlights but from the GMI leak it seems like it's going to be a stacked album. Big Sean can go either way, really, and it's really not looking good for Ye, dare I say it's never been such a bad outlook in his career as it is now.

Unexpectedly, Bronson has been the most consistent thus far and I'm hoping the album pans out well, and maybe in the process some of his frequent producers get a bit more shine/recognition. As increasingly carefree as it seems Bronson is, the music just seems to be getting more focused IMO.

Top 5 most anticipated this year?

1) Metro Thuggin
2) Mr. Wonderful
3) Rodeo
4) Dark Sky Paradise
5) Yeezus 2

Maybe replace Ye with that new Meek. Not really super "excited" for anything this year TBH, more interested to see how things shake out or what surprises this year brings. Metro Thuggin is straight heat but who knows when/where it's coming out, Rodeo's [street] singles are okay, not exactly as great as his previous 2 projects' highlights but from the GMI leak it seems like it's going to be a stacked album. Big Sean can go either way, really, and it's really not looking good for Ye, dare I say it's never been such a bad outlook in his career as it is now.

Unexpectedly, Bronson has been the most consistent thus far and I'm hoping the album pans out well, and maybe in the process some of his frequent producers get a bit more shine/recognition. As increasingly carefree as it seems Bronson is, the music just seems to be getting more focused IMO.

Where did you hear Kanye's albums will be called that?

2015 Most Anticipated

1. Kendrick Lamar - B.L.A.K.K.K. Rootz: Coconut Oil Dreams
2. Alchemist/Roc Marciano
3. Ka+Preservation
4. Pilot Talk 3
5. Nas

IrishNinja

Alc/Roc could be great, Nas yeah but i need to hear something all the same
of course, this year is also Crystal Meth, Liquid Swords 2, Muddy Waters 2, Heltah Skeltah etc etc

Untitled's production is real bad

no getting around it, yeah
related: Heaven came in on my rotation and for a second i got a vibe like it could've worked on Lost Tapes, might just be me but i dig that track

DominoKid

i really don't see how you can be excited about a new Meek album in 2015. i'm not sure i want to hear the half-album worth of bullshit he'll have to shoehorn in to get a release date.

top 5 most wanted in 2015 so far

1) Ghost/BBNG
2) PT3
3) Mr. Wonderful
4) Yeezus 2: Electric Bugaloo
5) K-Dot: Believe in the me that believes in you

i know i'm forgetting shit. is Brown dropping something this year? also, Brown > Thugger but ya'll already know

there is no anticipation. only disappointment. /toku

injurai

Banned
there is no anticipation. only disappointment. /toku

Was listening to TED radio hour today. They were talking about the 7 deadly sins. Deconstructing most of them as not really being sins at all.

Hype though most certainly is a sin. It makes it on my list of the modern deadly sins.

1) Kendrick Lamar - The Return of Enoch
2) Kanye West - Kaul McCest
3) Spitta - PT3
4) Nas - Still get money still look 20 lady killa pushin a bentley
5) Q - lowkey

Crud

Banned
B9R7Dh6CMAAEqOb.jpg

must be one of those illuminati garden parties

I shook Robert Kraft's hand outside of the Patriots hotel in Houston (04 SuperBowl)...please forgive me Texans gaf.

Courage

1. Meow The Jewels
  2. Kanye's 7th solo
  3. Mr. Wonderful
  4. Jenny Death
  5. Views From The 6

That said, most of my favorite albums are gonna be ones released with very short notice.

Non-hiphopwise, James Blake would top the list.

IrishNinja

is Q-Tip's Zulu Nation project looking to be this year? i'd be all over that
don't expect RTJ3 this year but whatever P cooks up, i'm down for

4) Nas - Still get money still look 20 lady killa pushin a bentley

you know, dude loves naming his next shit off a hot line from a prior joint so this could kinda happen fam

1. Meow The Jewels
  2. Views From The 6

my brain still can't process Meow as a real thing
and ill slag on drizzy but yeah, again, his albums are enjoyable, ill check for views from the 6 for sure

goddamn
have any of the snippets so far been weak? maybe i missed one

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I have to post this guy again: Ben Hedibi

I have been listening to his sound cloud, and ALL that beats are amazing. Seriously, he might just be the most talented beat maker I have heard. I mean listen to this Somebody's Gotta Die. He often crushes the original beats. He should have produced for the Wu (there's a lot of Wu tracks on there too).

http://street-symphony.com/artists/ben-hedibi/

UpOpBZ9.jpg

BEN HEDIBI a.k.a. Ben Hedibi Hassan was born on 9th February 1979 in Tunis, Tunisia. Influenced by DJs like Mix Master Mike and Cut-Killer, he bought his first 1210 at the age of 17 in 1996 and started to get busy on the 1´s and 2s. His interest quickly expanded into the fields of production, so Ben started to make himself a name as a producer within the Tunisian Hip Hop scene along with Karim Rihani, Wissem Mareshall & Farid Mezni in 1999.

At the end of 1999 Ben started studying in Russia. While living there, he got into Cubase and in no time was producing for Bad.B Alliance, one of Russia´s most renowned crew at that time. In 2003 Ben headed back to Tunisia to focus completely on Antivirus advanced engineering researches. Four years later he founded his own security firm FSB Security Labs in France and spent the following four years coding his own Antivirus Kernel. While negotiating with some of the world´s largest Antivirus providers, Ben recalls, “a fatal stupidity of my own and a hard disk crash just wiped out my source codes, my dreams and my future in 2011“.

Having a family to feed, Ben returned to his family´s traditional business, butchery, and started producing again.
During the following years he perfected his craft and created a sound that is clearly unique while maintaining the classic 90s flavor of his influences such as RZA, DJ Premier, J-Dilla or Grap Luva. After gaining worldwide attention with numerous remixes, Ben Hedibi is currently working on his first producer album.

Seriously have a listen, it's amazing, he's not well known but should be.

Eos

I have been listening to his sound cloud, and ALL that beats are amazing. Seriously, he might just be the most talented beat maker I have heard. I mean listen to this Somebody's Gotta Die. He often crushes the original beats. He should have produced for the Wu (there's a lot of Wu tracks on there too).

not bad
Yeezy Season... delayed
fuck sakes
yeezy season is dead and gone

Thats the only two bits of info from the KTT thread.

EDIT: I'm late but I didn't see this:

ibcXFbF8qOtInT.png

This song is about to be a fucking problem.
damn this sounds dope

It's crazy how there are so many dope non-US producers out there who grew up listening to 90s shit/boom bap and have mastered it...yet will likely never work with a noteworthy rapper. Those dudes revere rappers like Ghost, Rae, etc...yet rappers would rather buy mixtape quality soul loops lol.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
y'all didn't even post the best two pictures from that event

B9Rkx7cIAAAhLuX.png

kanyelaugh.png

+

B9RrxC0IEAItOKI.jpg

afaoflksadfksfdfiasfaoffthatGOOSERIGHTNOW

EDIT: Legitimately, this has to be the event with the most poorly dressed stars. All across the board. Kanye is just wearing something normal, which works, but everyone else wtf
EDIT2: Nevermind, Yeezus is wearing capris. FOH. Also, this:

B9R-wBpIUAAM8dW.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This is super dope:

B9SHb06CIAAIbVg.png

HOWEVER, the rest of the event is disaster after disaster. Just scrolling through the KTT thread:

B9R3BUaCQAA5lKB.jpg

B9Rs2hdIMAAvioA.jpg

tumblr_njfe5eL4ID1tguoxuo1_500.png

Esch

Banned
Tbf, I don't think any of those are that bad except for ilovemacaroni's bizarre Abercrombiesque button up hoodie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom