• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
tumblr_njhgx9uILk1qj1tqqo1_540.jpg

I kinda fux with Migos. They have some witty rhymes. Their rhyme pattern reminds me of Roc Marciano in the sense that each verse builds and builds to a ridiculous climax that's often entertaining.

HiResDes

Speaking of Souls of Mischief, I don't know how I missed this last year:

2_4446866607_thereisonlynow_albumcover.jpg

...I love 93 til infinity but like a lot of 90s groups they really only had one truly great album.The Pharcyde, Mobb Deep, Goodie Mobb, Diggable Planets, and Blackalicious have two so I'd put them over them....But in comparison to a group like People Under Stairs or the Cunninglynguists who have a much more solid and prolific discography I might be inclined to slide them in a top five over all of the forementioned. M.O.P. also had a fairly solid discog.

injurai

Banned
Speaking of Souls of Mischief, I don't know how I missed this last year:

It's not bad, but it also doesn't reach their peak. It's a good middle of the line album in the wrong era. So it's just kind of there unless you're looking for their sound. In which case it's a descent to solid throwback album if you're not trying tear it apart with gaf-hop style criticisms. It grows on you a bit, not enough to make the difference. But I've really enjoyed throwing it on in the background.

Yeah, I just discovered Souls of Mischief last year through that album. I was on it at first, but quickly forgot about it. It doesn't come close to making my top ten of the year.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
A-Trak interview with RSVP Gallery. Not much there but he talks about Late Orchestration and how the string section had to rehearse in a significantly shorter time than they're used to (day or two) and on his musical involvement and relationship with Ye (says he might jump in on the new album).

I cant understand not putting Wu at or near the top of your list, unless you think Liquid Swords, the Purple Tape, Ironman or Return to the 36 Chambers arent Wu albums...even though they are.
Only way I can figure it makes sense to do that is if youre doing something like a batting average, where the hits are weighed against the misses.

codhand

I cant understand not putting Wu at or near the top of your list, unless you think Liquid Swords, the Purple Tape, Ironman or Return to the 36 Chambers arent Wu albums...even though they are.
Only way I can figure it makes sense to do that is if youre doing something like a batting average, where the hits are weighed against the misses.

It's simple, as a group they have two classics and a handful of duds.

Esch

Banned
Wu solo albums are so intracollaborative, exclusive and sonically xenophobic they might as well be considered group albums.... or something like that

Wu goat

Wu wins regardless of whether you include solo albums IMO. One of the greatest rap albums ever+the greatest rap double album ever=can't hate on em.

I kinda fux with Migos. They have some witty rhymes. Their rhyme pattern reminds me of Roc Marciano in the sense that each verse builds and builds to a ridiculous climax that's often entertaining.

they're a group i can't really hate because they're just enjoying themselves
it's like hating on riff raff

edit: when we getting that new Ratking again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom