• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1ypkPk50Bs
S799vbT.gif

2015 gonna be so live

if we could get another Pinata aka Gibbs + producer who would you guys want? Madlib again?

Rap duo blows up after an irrelevant debut off the strength of one classic beat on their sophomore album and a penchant for middle-man coke raps. Past their 3rd album, they release a string of middling LP's and mixtapes, experience label turnover, and never quite adapt to a shifting commercial landscape that isn't interested in them anymore. The stronger, more marketable MC goes on to launch a mildly successful solo career with a new production connection; it's a well received B-tier act, but not groundbreaking.

Am I talking about Clipse or Mobb Deep?

Tokubetsu

Never got why gafhoppers love that verse so much. It has never wowed me like that. I only ever noticed it because y'all bring it up often.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
85b6dd30948534a871c9505e4dbfbd4d.png

Big Sean ft. Kanye West & John Legend - One Man Can Change The World snippet.

Tell me I'm not the only one who thinks the Yeezy Boost looks much better after getting some better pictures than those unflattering ones from Ibn that make it look like it's been through the wash cycle?

oBcdGea.png

B9YD75ACMAAMK4g.jpg:large

$250 though? the fuck I look llike, peterb0y?

Never got why gafhoppers love that verse so much. It has never wowed me like that. I only ever noticed it because y'all bring it up often.
It's has great flow. I don't think it's anywhere as good as how people applaud it for being, he's definitely had many better verses.

Rap duo blows up after an irrelevant debut off the strength of one classic beat on their sophomore album and a penchant for middle-man coke raps. Past their 3rd album, they release a string of middling LP's and mixtapes, experience label turnover, and never quite adapt to a shifting commercial landscape that isn't interested in them anymore. The stronger, more marketable MC goes on to launch a mildly successful solo career with a new production connection; it's a well received B-tier act, but not groundbreaking.

Am I talking about Clipse or Mobb Deep?

Well it can't be Clipse, as the bolded would imply the commercial landscape was interested in them at some point in time.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Tell me I'm not the only one who thinks the Yeezy Boost looks much better after getting some better pictures than those unflattering ones from Ibn that make it look like it's been through the wash cycle?

oBcdGea.png

B9YD75ACMAAMK4g.jpg:large

$250 though? the fuck I look llike, peterb0y?

They look like hammie down sneakers from the last round of cult members after their mass suicide ritual.

IrishNinja

*phew* at that gibbs shit
still no clue why some of y'all so botthered by clipse though

Eminem won

giphy.gif

KENDRICK WON A GRAMMY FOR i LMAO

INTERSCOPE KNOWS WHAT THEY DOIN

i wish we could be done with this, but ya'll will fuck with em next year too
at least we got this video to point at i guess

From Untitled to becoming Madonna's plaything and giving Gwyneth the public n word pass

Incredible

What a time to be alive

simply sensational
after winehouse & madonna i can only imagine who's next

She never changes it up either. She'd look prettier if she let it down.

needs cat ears too, much kawaii

i like the intro, trailer's better too/feels less like a brockheimer joint at least...hyped

live like your sins will never catch up to you brehs

The funny thing about PD trolling Ye is how he seemingly can't win whether he goes hood or hipster in his eyes lol.

my man has his narratives ready for any event, ya'll dont even know

top 5 rap groups:
1. Migos
2. Wu-Tang
3. Outkast
4. Tribe Called Quest
5. Clipse

i mean why ain't you banned again yet

Nibel

Fuck.
KuGsj.gif

Drake kinda peaked with his mixtape, then reached or maybe even surpassed the same level again with Take Care and dropped again with NWTS - Views From The 6 will be AOTY because apparently the Kendrick album will never drop and recent songs have been good

Nibel

So Far Gone = modern classic that influenced everybody's music

8p2vwepaor.png

Thank Me Later felt rushed, Take Care was good, NWTS was 'eh coulda been better'

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I know I'm in the minority but NWTS almost instantly became my favorite Drake album and is probably in my top ten of the decade so far. Love that shit and I'm not ashamed to say it.

HiResDes

So Far Gone = modern classic that influenced everybody's music

8p2vwepaor.png

Thank Me Later felt rushed, Take Care was good, NWTS was 'eh coulda been better'
Take Care is Drake's opus, NWTS sounded like a b-side of the album. So Far Gone was good, but lacked the polish of his later work.

Nibel

I got money on neither, smh

I can see not fucking with Drake but not being interested in Kendrick? Come on breh

I know I'm in the minority but NWTS almost instantly became my favorite Drake album and is probably in my top ten of the decade so far. Love that shit and I'm not ashamed to say it.

NWTS is weird to me; it has some decent bangers on it, it has some of those corny love songs on it you can listen to when you are in the mood - but it also has Own It, 305 My City and some other filler stuff that makes me shake my head and thinking that he is able to do much better than that. Those tracks are not bad per se, but feel rough around the edges to me.

Really looking forward to his next album and tbh: if Kendrick doesn't get his shit together and Kanye really has half a dozen McCartney produced songs on his album, I can see Drake taking the biggest slice of the cake among the mainstream rappers

studyguy

Take Care is Drake's opus, NWTS sounded like a b-side of the album. So Far Gone was good, but lacked the polish of his later work.

This I think...
At the very least Take Care as a whole got more spins w/ me personally than NWTS did. NWTS felt like it had some dope standout tracks vs a more cohesive offering in Take Care

Also... Sit your asses down at the table. It finally happened.
FCbXRXC.jpg

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I can see not fucking with Drake but not being interested in Kendrick? Come on breh

NWTS is weird to me; it has some decent bangers on it, it has some of those corny love songs on it you can listen to when you are in the mood - but it also has Own It, 305 My City and some other filler stuff that makes me shake my head and thinking that he is able to do much better than that. Those tracks are not bad per se, but feel rough around the edges to me.

Really looking forward to his next album and tbh: if Kendrick doesn't get his shit together and Kanye really has half a dozen McCartney produced songs on his album, I can see Drake taking the biggest slice of the cake among the mainstream rappers
Did you not listen to "I" Nibel? I know you did...at least drake is poppy and entertaining. If you're gonna try to be the savior of hip-hop you gonna have to step up with something better than that.

Gotta agree with Des
and saying So Far Gone influenced everybody's music...pretty sure 808s came out before that and was the real catalyst
or at least moreso than drizzy drake lol

Nibel

I think I can overall agree with that; at the time though, So Far Gone felt really fresh to me and sounded unlike anything I've heard until then.

But yeah, Take Care is his best album - wonder how much The Weeknd has to do with this

goddamn man
king kendrick

Keep underestimating Drake's influence; he was influenced by 808s as well, but there is a reason why he blew up at the time

nah man not saying he wasn't influential just that 808s was moreso..or at the least more than SFG
Take Care definitely had an impact though, no denying that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom