• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

Damn those are pretty spot on impressions. I'm still confident his next album will be fire, but yeah I don't even think he'd consider this a real followup to any of his retail stuff.

Gorillaz

Making my once in a month appearance in gafhop

So if that was his way to get out of contract ....is Birdman just gonna say fuck it at this point or what

studyguy

Oh GAFhop already on the questions I had... lol Birdman gonna be left with thug and nothing else to show for in 2015. This year is gonna be wild

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Where does YMCM go from here lol. Drake gone (now or soon), Wayne isn't worth much these days/is disgruntled, Nicki will leave the minute she can. The label is about to explode Death Row style.

Young Thug is a flavor of the month, he'll never sell records. Really surprised Birdman is fucking with him so heavily. He has no relevance outside of clubs and a few white people. The mainstream ain't fucking with that troll face demon.
Thug doesn't need to sell records, he sets the streets ablaze. That Gucci lane looking real nice right now, and because Birdman can exploit him and take a lot off the top, why wouldn't he fuck with Thugger? Not like Thug has any conception of progress or quality control, and luckily enough, neither does anyone who listens to him because they know on the blue moon he will deliver fire.

Really interested to see where everything goes from here, particularly Drake's next power move to build his empire, and whether that involves some artists that are not as trash as his current OVO boy scouts.

Also Wayne is still worth a lot. People were clowning that $51 mill lawsuit but hell yeah he's worth that much with that catalog and name. The $8 mill or whatever the initial number was seemed anemic.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
You can tell it's an album full of throwaways. No cohesion aside from the flow and sound being the same on every song. Lyrics are forgettable. Barely any story telling or concepts of worth. Ok that's the bad. With that being said when you look at this as a collection of throwaways this slaps. Need to whip test it tomorrow. Y'all liked 0-100 and worst behavior drake well you got him. I'm still kinda excited for vft6. This is a cool appetizer.

Detox

If you're feeling this Drake album you might like this it just dropped.

51Wz%2B6QOMLL._SY400_.jpg

Nibel

Yeah, it's pretty much a music collection with no coherence or concept behind it. Individual songs go hard as fuck though and make me very excited for the album. Like many have theorized, this is probably just to get the heck away from Birdman.

Really hyped to see what he has cooked for VFT6; I still fuck heavily with 90% of this though.

btw

QasGy4U.png

The people have spoken, nobody about that new Kan Kan

Fjordson

Definitely agree it doesn't feel like a proper follow up to Nothing Was the Same, but I dunno. Think it's a pretty dope tape.

I'm curious if the Young Money stuff is true. Trying to finish his contract with this. Really interesting if that's the case.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Eric Dingus produced Now & Forever. Good to see him get called up after just producing for OVO benchwarmers so far.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Drake took the time to stop posing with nba players looking like a fucking cast member of basketball wives to drop a mediocre album that has zero substance, what a shock.

When's problem releasing a damn album?

PBY

Banned
Yo, drake was cool and all

but I can't stop listening to wolves.

Shit is on some future ennio morricone shit. Fucking beautiful

Yado

I get that it's a mixtape and that it's par for the course but people really need to be more selective about what they choose to include on their albums. When you hit 11/12 tracks anything over that is usually bloat.

Courage

I get that it's a mixtape and that it's par for the course but people really need to be more selective about what they choose to include on their albums. When you hit 11/12 tracks anything over that is usually bloat.
Sole purpose seems like to feed his fans (and of course allegedly break away from YMCMB). He even threw in loosies and previous singles. It definitely increased my hype for the LP because the production on this is pretty great.

Courage

Yeah a lot of these tracks remind me of 0 to 100. The laid back, braggadocious delivery with boi-1da beats. You can certainly detect the absence of a lush 40 beat tho which I think is what makes it so monotonous in a way.

Nibel

Yeah a lot of these tracks remind me of 0 to 100. The laid back, braggadocious delivery with boi-1da beats. You can certainly detect the absence of a lush 40 beat tho which I think is what makes it so monotonous in a way.

Yup, I assume 40 is busy working on VFT6

Here's a producer list

qrfISFH.png

Courage

I figured Jungle was 40's. It's that lushness I was talking about.

Also, as much as a shitty singer PND is, Preach and WNI have some dope ass production. Those last few seconds of Preach are heaven.

0EszduH.jpg

RUNNIN THROUGH THESE TWEETS WITH MY WOATS

Tyga deleted it already

whew

battle of the plys
call it royale vs. cottonelle

Pusha 'The Prophet' T

exodus 23:1 still such a great song

Also, 100% on the lack of cohesiveness. Need to listen to it more times to give an accurate rating though. Hard to compare an album of singles (in the sense that they're mostly standalone tracks, I don't mean radio singles) as opposed to a more complete album. The reason my first impressions were favourable had more to do with this is what I wanted but didn't expect from Drake, an album with a decent amount of "harder" tracks (for him anyway)
And yea, PND can't croon for shit lol. The autotune is the worst though.
And for those comparing it to Ghost....Creepers off Cruel Summer was worse lol

HiResDes

Wow this Hot Sugar is pretty damn dark. It's been wonderful so far though, really sparse and airy with a dreadful varied bounce that consistently permeates into each track. It's all instrumental for anybody wondering.

Grzi

The production on this Drake tape is insane, yeah some of it requires a bit of polish, but these are leftover tracks. You can tell producers come at Drake with their best shit, it's crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom