• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
B9vHx87IcAAQhbZ.jpg

B9vVVOGCcAA95oo.jpg

More dates coming soon
for anyone that cares

Eos

nas snippet sounds good, I hope it's like LIG.
Excited for that new maco also.

on another note, that thread about tom ford made me listen to the song again. I feel like it could've been a Dirt off your shoulders part 2.

All Nas needs is dope beats, maybe a couple decent singers for hooks but then again most of his best stuff doesn't have that. Best thing about that snippet is that Nas is spitting like Nasty Nas. Doesn't sound like he's tethered to some theme or gimmick subject matter either. Dude is just spitting that Uzi in the army lining, that shorty doo-wop rolling oo-wop in the park reclining.
kN0vCUf.png

I'll reserve getting super hyped though. When Nasty came out I thought dude was about to set everybody on fire. And while I like LIG obviously, for the most part it lacks the type of bangers most Nas fans want. Like many of his recent albums it's front loaded with the bangers/up beat stuff, then tapers off.

If I was in the studio? My mantra would be simple: the beats and songs created should be thought of with respect to their live performance viability. If I play this song after NY State of Mind, will the energy level go up...down...stay the same, etc. I like this song but you can't tell me anyone wants to hear this live. Obviously you also needs some mellow shit that isn't mean for live performances but come on...your album gotta bump.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Man if the La Flame x Drake throwaway is one of the best songs on this tape, imagine how good the other songs they did might be
iYQ0JKya3As1v.png

Also props to WondaGurl for being consistent and getting these opportunities. Pretty much everything I've heard from her has been heat.

Courage

Gave the new Drake tape 2 more listens and he's my final Esch scale tally.

Legend +++
Energy +
10 Bands +
Know Yourself +++
No Tellin' ++
Madonna --
6 God -
Star67 +
Preach +
Wednesday Night Interlude +
Used To -
6 Man --
Now & Forever +
Company ---
You & The 6 +
Jungle +++
6PM In NY +

12/17. Solid. Lacks the flow of his other albums and doesn't have enough of the slower Drake songs I like. I dislike the generic trap songs he puts out (6 God, 6 Man), when there's 1000 other rappers doing it better than you. Although I dislike the PND features, I find myself enjoying those tracks because of his production. The Scott song is tragic. Certified La Poop.

Company is garbage. I don't get La Flame for the most part. I like 6 man a bit

he's into that bombastic production which I'm a sucker for. just goes ham with the synths and vocoder

he needs more organ though, just go full interstellar on us. that little glimpse of it in company was hype.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't get how you can call Company trash but like Preach, Wednesday Night Interlude, Now & Forever, You & The 6 and Jungle. That's tragic, fam.

Courage

I don't get how you can call Company trash but like Preach, Wednesday Night Interlude, Now & Forever, You & The 6 and Jungle. That's tragic, fam.

I already explained myself. Company has a shitty beat until that transition and Scott is worse than PND.

HiResDes

Love ya'll, thanks for the wishes, feel the same about you Esch. Let's get this money and try to live pleasure filled lives brehs. Oh and check out the new Two-9 just gave it the whip test this morning, nice birthday soundtrack. I'll repost it real quick for ya'll.

any idea why Drake thanks Riff Raff in the liner notes?

He's on the intro to one of the songs, I forget which one

Also, second time I'm saying this but Know Yourself.....

hook is just excellent over that beat

also I'm more scared to get hyped about Nas than Jay Elec lol
just too risky
hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom