• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Detox

BC: How do you not let your success shift your foundation too much and make you forget where you came from? How do you go to the places you go and see the things that you see and stay grounded?

NAS: Easy, because those places were waiting for me. So where I started, it will always be in my heart and I will go back, even though there’s a part in your mind that you’ll never go back to because you’re not necessarily supposed to. There’s a negative side that you never wanna go back to, but I always go back on the positive side.

So all of the places that I go to now were waiting for me to get there. Because I feel like…call me crazy, but my ancestors were already there. So when I’m in Cannes, France on a yacht with a bunch of rich motherfuckers, I’m trying to connect with my ancestors who already navigated those waters or grew those lands thousands of years ago. So I’m late getting there, but at least I got there. I know that’s crazy but that’s the feeling I have naturally when I go to new places. Sometimes I think I’m a kid who got here from the hood, but my ancestors are spitting on me for saying something so crazy—my ancestors were running through this place doing trading and building it on an architectural level, on a scientific level, so that’s just the truth.

If you look at the migration of the human beings coming from all over the world, wherever they wound up, they were always interacting, always doing those things. So how did someone end up in Italy and Rome and Spain and all these places? Because they’d been traveling. How did things from Europe end up in all these places? Trade. Trade is what the world was all about. So I’m kind of just following the ancestors of the human family and doing what I’m supposed to be doing. I’m just happy that I’m aware that I’m supposed to be going to these places.

BC: What animal would best describe you as a person?

NAS: I would definitely go with the lion, because he doesn’t even hunt. The female does. He’s got other shit to think about. He’s got a lot on his plate, a lot to deal with. Hyenas always coming in, trying to take his shit, other lion prides are trying to take over his shit, so it’s his responsibility is like, up there on the rock. It’s funny that the females are the hunter and really make their whole world go ’round. And he has to deal—he’s like the old wise man. The lion’s whole mane feels like his old beard. I feel like that old soul with the mane.

That's my GOAT.

dipset_tour.jpg

where moooooooooooose at

IrishNinja

happy birthday des - like esh said, you're a cornerstone around here man, one of my favoriteas as well

also catching up on the last 19 pages or whatever since last night was like watching those old guys on the muppet show

this drake album is amazing!
stupdendous!
it's not bad!
well it's mostly okay

Feel like today>2014 for rap

Yup. And the constant harping on "mainstream" is making me have flashbacks to my teen years. Not in a good way, but in an embarrassing, want to go back in time and slap the goatee off my face. 2014 was scientifically proven to the worst year in rap since snap music took over a year.

these are garbage posts but ill have to see ya'lls top 10 AOTY lists to know what ya'll slept on

Teflon don MBDTF big boi Pilot talk KRIT death is silent flockavelli kush and Oj
Trunk music TSOL dessa the appeal Friday night lights.

MIC DROP

okay this is admittedly a pretty strong list

MBDTF is the only good one in that list.

this fuckin' guy

2014 had the most tapes I felt got legitimately slept on

preach

but I can't stop listening to wolves.

Shit is on some future ennio morricone shit. Fucking beautiful

jesus wept

This is something a lot of trapped in the 90s dudes don't understand. Including Nas. There's so much dope shit out there, from soundcloud to more established new producers...there's no excuse for wack shit breh. I think about all the RZA imitators in France right now, and Ghost/Rae will never hear their beats because they'd rather call up Akbar from 125th who has a homie who makes soul loops for $100. Fuckouttahere...

dead @ that last sentence, goddamn
truth stings though

wow 2015 making up for 2014 real quick

you know he dropped a great EP just last fall right
can't believe ya'll short-memory having motherfuckers got me out here playing 2014 DF

studyguy

you know he dropped a great EP just last fall right
can't believe ya'll short-memory having motherfuckers got me out here playing 2014 DF

I mean as a whole, not OG alone. The number of releases, teases and what's expected to come in the following months etc. GAFhop gon eat.

codhand

yeah not feelin that boldy track biz, that hook is corny, beat is generic

now if you took out the drums and added some autotune....

I refuse to get excited for a Nas album. There's always 1 to 3 tracks where I'm like "Yo, this guy still sounds like NY State of Mind Nas" but then there are 13-15 more tracks where it's like "Eeehhhhhhhh" and I never go back to the album.

Just gimme those 1-3 tracks and I'm good.

DominoKid

wow so what does this amina blue chick do?
lord don't ever let me come into an obscene amount of money. i'd ruin myself.

I refuse to get excited for a Nas album. There's always 1 to 3 tracks where I'm like "Yo, this guy still sounds like NY State of Mind Nas" but then there are 13-15 more tracks where it's like "Eeehhhhhhhh" and I never go back to the album.

Just gimme those 1-3 tracks and I'm good.

yeah when left to his own devices nas just has certain artistic proclivities that don't lend well to making total projects i like.

DominoKid

quick thoughts on that drizzy tape

elite: legend, know yourself, star67, you & the 6
great: the rest of the tracks not mentioned
aight: 6 god, used to
nah: now and forever

very encouraging project. sounds like he ironed out some of the small problems w/ the NWTS sound and VFT6 should be even better.

crazy how he keeps going up as his sound and circle gets even more insular.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Amongst all the craziness it got buried and I'm not sure I commented on it but I liked the last CyHi track more than the previous two.

Tempered expectations considering the production of those first 2 joints but hopefully the CyHi is enjoyable. Just eating way too much right now, so I don't know if I'll give it a fair shake.

LTTP 36 Seasons: what impresses me most about this album is that while Ghost is beginning to sound his age, AZ still sounds like he's in his fucking 20s. Blood in the Streets is my shit, that's that black superhero music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom