• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only heard a couple tracks off UP and it just sounded uninspired and derivative as hell.

I have no idea how you call Cilvia Demo derivitaive and call UP top 5 of the year....like I never paid much mind to Esch's Enzo Rule...but Iunno how to feel right now.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
While I'm at it:

First Impressions - Hood Billionaire

Was ready to hate but it's solid and in some places no questions asked tough. For someone so deep into the game I kind of expect more from Ross, not sure if I should feel this way, but I do. Some songs feel like a new artist coming into the game trying to emulate an established style for some light buzz (Hood Billionaire, Elvis Presley BLVD, Burn), while some songs are just undeniable hard (Coke Like The 80s, Neighbourhood Drug Dealer, Nickel Rock). Standouts are Coke Like The 80s, Phone Tap, Nickel Rock and If They Knew.

There's just this looming feeling that it just all comes down to the production for me and Ross attacks all of these songs the same way he has for years. There's a bit of sound evolution here, like Phone Tap; would love to see what Ross would do over more guitar riff samples. I think if Ross released this after Teflon Don he would've been better off than he is now.

Not bad for a second project in under a year (arguably on par with or better than Mastermind), but neither of his two were particularly exceptional. I don't know what I want from Ross anymore, or whether I'm just done with his brand of braggadocio and sifting through his grab bags of bangers for what I like. FWIW I enjoyed some of the slower songs on here more than any other project since Teflon Don. Features are pretty good for the most part (Jay is the only one I'd outright call bad), Snoop sounding back in his element and grooving a bit. KRIT song at the end sounds so tacked on though lmao

Almost exclusively in a trap & R&B vibe right now so I think I'll get more mileage than I expected out of this.

- - - - -

Wu-Tang Clan - A Better Tomorrow full album stream on YT.

Tokubetsu

Even if you hated it no one hear is gonna bat for Rick Ross. Even the people who like him. That's kind of the problem with Ross. He makes solid to okay music but nothing anyone would ever champion.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Even if you hated it no one hear is gonna bat for Rick Ross. Even the people who like him. That's kind of the problem with Ross. He makes solid to okay music but nothing anyone would ever champion.
Anecdotal, of course, but I have a cousin who stans Rozay. I feel like he has a significant core fanbase that shows up week 1 every time and will continue to do because they genuinely rock with what he's built.

It's also that feeling when artists put out some incredible records and then some ones that aren't as incredible, and you don't have any strong emotions one way or another as a result and everything just ends up graying out a bit.

Esch

Banned

It's kind of Ross' fault though. He boxed himself in and refuses to break kayfabe.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Man. I don't even know whether to listen to this Wu or not. I don't think I can take that disappointment today

Might just wait till I smoke later to soften the blow

just wait till you're in some hazy turkey coma and put it on the background as you fall asleep and barely pay attention to it.

just wait till you're in some hazy turkey coma and put it on the background as you fall asleep and barely pay attention to it.
No turkey for me breh. Over here it's just Thursday.

Man I'm so tempted. But for real if Biz says no id tend to take his word for it. But at the same time I think i need this disappointment. Only way to kill any hope for a wu release ever again.

IrishNinja

irish, 36, dont do it. its their worst record by a country mile.

might as well tell me to eat a stale sandwhich when im hungry, brehs...sure i should know better, but ima do it alla same

Man I'm so tempted. But for real if Biz says no id tend to take his word for it. But at the same time I think i need this disappointment. Only way to kill any hope for a wu release ever again.

it won't work for me, since most of their post-aughts releases didn't do that either. i'll just tell myself to focus on ghost's new shit & hold out hope for the baller/art whatever album to have kept the better tracks
and you know, shit's gonna be all good in 2015 when we get Crystal Meth, Muddy Waters 2, Liquid Swords 2, etc plus Tribe will reunite and kangols will come back and and

wenis

No turkey for me breh. Over here it's just Thursday.

would you change your avatar and ask for a username change if it was deemed a disappointment?

I think that's the final piece of treatment you need.

Wu...fuck man...gotta adjust the coli tier rankings with this shit(
ghost fanboyism incoming)

n6DZ7.png

Supreme Clientele
Liquid Swords
Enter the 36 Chambers
OB4CL
Ironman
Wu Tang Forever
Fishscale

yfc3s.png

Tical
W
bulletproof wallets(not the one you find in Target tho)
OB4CL Pt. 2
Grandmasters
Shaolin vs Wu-Tang
Birth of a Prince
Dopium
Uncontrolled Substance

ftYIg.png

Beneath the Surface
Apollo Kids
Digital Bullet
Ghostdini
Selling My Soul
No Said Date
The Pretty Toney Album
Iron Flag

AixfG.png

8th Diagrams
Wu Massacre
Legend of the Liquid Sword
Tical 0
Nigga Please

mjcry1.png

Disciples of the 36 Chambers
A Better Tommorow
Mr. Xcitment
Manifesto

giphy.gif

BONUS KANYE RANKING: MBDTF > CD > GD > LR

IrishNinja

did any of y'all play that Ghostbusters game? it was great, prolly the closest we'll get to a legit part 3, but anyway a highlight was that Winston got more lines than most anyone, so he finally got a chance to shine

this Wu has more Capadonna & Ugozilla than i was expecting, so far it's kinda like that...

Mistaken Identity off to a rough start

Tokubetsu

did any of y'all play that Ghostbusters game? it was great, prolly the closest we'll get to a legit part 3, but anyway a highlight was that Winston got more lines than most anyone, so he finally got a chance to shine

this Wu has more Capadonna & Ugozilla than i was expecting, so far it's kinda like that...

Mistaken Identity off to a rough start

I like that GB game yeah. It was also pretty creepy/scary in parts. Would play more GB games in that engine, even if they had to make up new characters.

IrishNinja

diggin Crushed Egos
thing is, even on tracks where the hook/production is weak, as a Meth fan, he & others still bring bars...kind've a shame but at least there's heart here

Hood Billionaire the most by the book boring album I've ever seen so widely hyped on GAF-Hop. mastermind is better

was finally gettin into Ross shit a while back, didn't originally listen past his debut (it was big down here)..is it pretty much agreed that he peaked on Teflon Don?

wenis

Hood Billionaire the most by the book boring album I've ever seen so widely hyped on GAF-Hop. mastermind is better

until GKMCII

other news, this new Funkadelic album is a whole boat load of doo doo. goddamn this shit is terrible. If you want another shit sandwich after listening to that Wu album give this Funkadelic album a shot. 70 minutes of horse shit.

thabiz

Licensed to Ill>>Check Your Head>>Pauls Boutique>>Ill Communication>>To The 5 Boroughs>>The Mix Up>>Hot Sauce>>Hello Nasty

IrishNinja

I like that GB game yeah. It was also pretty creepy/scary in parts. Would play more GB games in that engine, even if they had to make up new characters.

agreed, the comic is building a bigger cast with franchises/etc, id be all over that, i'd just want some co-op options

Does anyone have an alternate cover for Stillmatic? I can't stand it anymore it's so trash.

ya'll are serious with this mess huh
hope none of youse keep no limit album art

Thanks for the heads up about New Tomorrow. Dug the couple tracks that had been put out, but now I'll save myself a listen.

...if you dig the tracks, why not...i mean, okay

Licensed to Ill>>Check Your Head>>Pauls Boutique>>Ill Communication>>To The 5 Boroughs>>The Mix Up>>Hot Sauce>>Hello Nasty

Hello Nasty is seriously your least favorite Beastie Boys album?

seriously, was waiting for the controversy here

IrishNinja

yeah, fatboy slim's awesome

man going from Miracle to Preacher Man is definitely the low point so far, hoping things turn back around after this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom