• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Dat feeling when you wait hours for a chick to come through and she doesn't. I took that L brehs. Was patiently waiting, didn't bother her with texts...I was still hopeful at 1AM. Now it's past 2AM and I'm in bed.

I know she'll call tomorrow on some "oh I'm sorry I should have said something" but nah. Time to call up someone else from the bench for some Thanksgiving leftovers chilling.

lol, sorta went through the same thing. She was texting me emotes of dicks and beating around the bush but i said fuck it and went to sleep. twee undergrads and their weird games
EgQbjiA.png

Umm...It's kinda good. I can't help but like it okay. It's like infectious in this absurdly fun way and captures this saccharine, sweet consistent vibe. I like it for all of the same reasons I really love Vibes.
Nude Beach A Go Go confuses me. Its on Ariel Pinks album too? But yeah I enjoyed the album a lot as well.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm pretty comfortable not listening to a Wu album ever again (might even extend to Wu-affiliate or Wu solo). I was even willing to give A Better Tomorrow a chance because of the circumstances but with how quick my backlog has piled up, it's pretty squarely at the bottom of my list for the rest of the year.

Nibel

Where the hell did this Wu album come from? Did they just stealth release it or did I miss the entire promotion of it

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I was basically obsessed with Wu Tang when I was younger but I'm not even gonna bother listening to a new album in 2014. It's not the same group of talent anymore. No hunger or desire to create something, just a bunch of dusty old dudes farting around on the mic to milk a little bit more out of what's left of the brand. 💤

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So I just finished the Logic album. I stand by my words, but I also add: considerable variety, consistency, great samples/flips (especially the second half of the album) and being more successful than average at convincing you to pay attention to the overarching theme (leading into Nikki, by no means a new concept but very well executed) to the list as well.

Only things wrong with the album:
- Skits are whack, I don't even know why they're there, completely useless
- Lacking those standout songs that bolster the entire package and ultimately give an album longevity. Bounce is probably the closest thing.
- Because he does most of his own hooks, they can often come off way too similar sounding just because of the slightly nasally texture of his voice
- Kind of related point to the last one but it doesn't necessarily feel groundbreaking. Feels very familiar in terms of production and song structure/concept in places, even though it's really good.

Shit sounds like Illmatic coming off So It Goes anyways. Variety that fits is its strongest point (one of the best integrations of trap into other sub genres as well IMO), second is how surprising it is. I've zero doubt people would have been squatting on this album if it Cole or someone put it out.

Very likely Top 5 candidate for me, biggest thing keeping it from being on top is the lack of those one or two
43ef5or.png
songs, which I feel is essential for an album to go from good to great or to get replays more than a few weeks later (can be a dealbreaker on albums in general for me).

Esch

Banned
Logic delivers his lines and verses with no panache, swag or character tho. He has no X factor, no "zazz". Might as well become a ghostwriter tbh.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Logic delivers his lines and verses with no panache, swag or character tho. He has no X factor, no "zazz". Might as well become a ghostwriter tbh.
Don't agree with the swag complaint. He's cooking on some of these songs the way he's flipping his flows. I was like goddamn, I did not expect this from my rappity rap, like the best of both worlds.

His voice and not having an X-factor are legitimate complaints though. TBH I feel like his delivery alone is enough to turn someone off.

EDIT: Not even some of the songs, most of the songs he's going off and not really coming off singular on the mic.

Esch

Banned
Don't agree with the swag complaint. He's cooking on some of these songs the way he's flipping his flows. I was like goddamn, I did not expect this from my rappity rap, like the best of both worlds.

His voice and not having an X-factor are legitimate complaints though. TBH I feel like his delivery alone is enough to turn someone off.

EDIT: Not even some of the songs, most of the songs he's going off and not really coming off singular on the mic.

Doesn't matter. He could light up a track with some of the dopest bars ever but because of his presence and delivery i'd be like cool story bro
zcnUnPn.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't understand how someone can talk shit about Cilvia and then ride for Under Pressure...LOL
Cilvia Demo literally begs you to stop listening 1/3 of the way through.

Things Under Pressure has that Should've Stayed A Demo doesn't:

- Variety, slightly more novelty in production
- Variety in flows, content
- Overarching structure
- Less dusty feeling, less derivative feeling
- Consistency i.e. more than 2 good songs
- As uncharismatic or robotic Logic can feel at times, Rashad basically has no personality and has somehow even less identity, solely pulling from his TDE affiliation

Cilvia Demo has better standouts, but that's about it. Also might be a relative thing considering how forgettable the majority of it is.

HiResDes

I think we listened to two completely different albums. There's no way Logic has more charisma or mic presence. And Rashad's sporadic drugged out southern delivery definitely showcases swag and an ear for melody way beyond anything in Logic's arsenal. Rashad also puts together better hooks and sounds if he's paying homage rather than ever sounding derivative like Logic's song structure. Cilvia rides all the way through.

DominoKid

Cilvia Demo got better raps. Better hooks. Far better beats. t's not even a competition really. Somebody need to take Logic mic away from him and lock him in a room w/ some paper and a pad.

PBY

Banned
Logic just bores me.

Rather listen to stuff thats interesting over him.

Boring is the worst offense in music for me.

Just remembered I actually saw Logic live when he was opening for somebody
ain't lettin y'all know

Wasn't really feeling him tbh, but whatevs.

Cilvia Demo still my AOTY tbh

Edit: ENZO IS TRASH

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just remembered I actually saw Logic live when he was opening for somebody
ain't lettin y'all know

Wasn't really feeling him tbh, but whatevs.

Cilvia Demo still my AOTY tbh

Edit: ENZO IS TRASH
It was CuDi wasn't it? Tell us how you really feel fam. #CudiGang

I really enjoyed the Logic album, at least right now, but I mentioned plenty of insta-turn offs as far as negatives of the album goes in my impressions, even one which might mean I might just end up forgetting about it in a few weeks. I exaggerate a bit about Cilvia Demo, but I understand if someone prefers that over this album (they're so different), even if it is boring as shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom