• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
its 09'

how is this so ghetto lmao
I don't even know

For real, even from just watching battle rap and associated hip-hop media, it's kind of surreal that the year Drake was popping off, there were a million different guys on the street with WordArt overlays tryna get you on their DVD.

This image illustrates my point, especially the dude in green:

a0cbcff8795eb35ca75692ed8aa90607.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Happy Thanksgiving GAF-Hop. Thankful for every one of you guys
and new Geometry Wars (AOTY)
Huge fan, but I'm still on the edge about the new stuff they're adding, even after seeing the GiantBomb guys muster up the positivity to enjoy it who usually are meh about everything.

And happy thanksgiving, GAF-Hop!

and I'll throw my vote in for The Evil Within. Janky as hell, but if move past that(or have a PC that can move past the FOV/letterbox/framerate problems), its like a really nice lookin' version of Mikami's Greatest Hits. Hella divisive game of course, I see 6/10 and 9/10 reviews and I say, "yeah, sounds about right"

Tokubetsu

and I'll throw my vote in for The Evil Within. Janky as hell, but if move past that(or have a PC that can move past the FOV/letterbox/framerate problems), its like a really nice lookin' version of Mikami's Greatest Hits. Hella divisive game of course, I see 6/10 and 9/10 reviews and I say, "yeah, sounds about right"

sounds like my kinda game in the sense that if the you're not there for/with the presentation you probably not gonna like it.

IrishNinja

A Better Tomorrow: first spin impressions

2sZsJFB.gif

there's a few tracks, and really some solid bars here too but for the most part, the production really does no favors in trying to fit the tracks here - which is a shame since RZA, Mathematics, Rubin, 4th Disciple & Younge have all put out much better work.

like, even the title track - it starts on some piano shit & moves towards that not-too-corny positvity i can dig on stuff like Ghostface - Love, and then it just moves into an overdone/ill-fitting chorus and kinda mars the effort.

we can sit here & go track for track with something like 8 Diagrams to see which is a more solid effort overall - and it's possible i'll find more bits i like as i spend time with it - but overall, it's a moot point since neither album will likely stay in heavy rotation for me.

TL;DR - not terrible but i'm glad i hedged my bets with 36 Seasons.

Tokubetsu

i still wanna play the evil within, but i feel like it's gonna be ten bucks by the time i wanna play it

This is 100% the reason why I haven't bought it. Also, as much as I love horror/gore, when it comes to video games that shit stresses the fuck out of me. Evil Within, whenever I do get it, is gonna take me a year and a half to beat.

I'm a Grade-A PUSSY, so trust me when I say The Evil Within is not scary, unless you jump at the sight of gore. Its like RE4, an action game with horror movie tropes.

but yeah it'll probably be real cheap real soon, and that'll be a good time to check it out

Tokubetsu

I'm a Grade-A PUSSY, so trust me when I say The Evil Within is not scary, unless you jump at the sight of gore. Its like RE4, an action game with horror movie tropes.

but yeah it'll probably be real cheap real soon, and that'll be a good time to check it out

It's not even really gore more just competent sound design. You lay some decent creepy noises over some synths or even just the noises...place them "behind" me in the sound space and already going to my safe place in my head.

I was playing Dead Space 1 when it first came out with headphones on when my roommate at the time came in and stood directly behind me for a minute before saying "looks cool." Part of me died.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
really wish one of ya'll had some impressions on Alien Isolation too, dyin to play that one

check it out. its legitimately good, but with it's own smaller issues (level design/mission design/OP enemies). Those issues are minor and depending on what platform you choose (PC seems to be a safer bet) there's some tech problems that are still being ironed out.

Vorheez

Now see, you couldn't pay me to play that shit. I'm lookin' over my shoulder and shit watching dudes play that shit on Twitch

and in first person? Can't do it. That P.T. demo got me legit shook.
I thought PT was far worse, couldn't finish that one. Alien has me sweating after a session though

PBY

Banned
New Wu... man I don't even like it that much, but is not that bad to me.

I dunno, what kind of expectations did yall have? Seems about what I expected.

Its like the finale of a TV show that ran for like 5 seasons way too long, its saccharine, cheesy and unnecessary. And in that vein, the title track is all of those things, but- is there a better way for Wu to ride into the sunset? Like... that title track is perfect imo.

New Wu... man I don't even like it that much, but is not that bad to me.

I dunno, what kind of expectations did yall have? Seems about what I expected.

Its like the finale of a TV show that ran for like 5 seasons way too long, its saccharine, cheesy and unnecessary. And in that vein, the title track is all of those things, but- is there a better way for Wu to ride into the sunset? Like... that title track is perfect imo.

better or worse than 8 Diagrams

CRS

Huge fan, but I'm still on the edge about the new stuff they're adding, even after seeing the GiantBomb guys muster up the positivity to enjoy it who usually are meh about everything.

And happy thanksgiving, GAF-Hop!
Do you have a One? Add me, gamer tag is ChldRebelSoldr.

I started playing the classic modes right away and I felt like was back in 2008/9. One of my favorite feelings this year, I already love this game. And then I started to mess around with the Adventure Mode and it's a lot of fun, not having issue with the 3D levels like others. There being leaderboards for each level is only adding to the crack-fueled fire too.

GOTY

lol, sorta went through the same thing. She was texting me emotes of dicks and beating around the bush but i said fuck it and went to sleep. twee undergrads and their weird games
EgQbjiA.png

Amen. These chicks really expect you to text them every minute, shit is just too much. At this point I want to just outright tell women "look, I'm still rocking an iPhone 4S with no plans on upgrading. I don't text often, and when I do I prefer it to be something halfway meaningful, not what you're doing 24/7."

I got the text I predicted I'd get...didn't respond, decided to just chill and enjoy Thanksgiving. Checked my phone a few hours later and she had texted me 3 more times and wants to come through tonight. I told her I'm too full to do anything tonight haha. Fuck that.

big ander

technically you could quote something for prosperity.
As long as you're not one of those HiResDes "check my criterion collection brehs" type dudes, yeah
naaaah. I enjoyed pacific rim a lot. all the character stuff is mediocre, but for wonky action of huge robots being pummeled by lovecraftian monsters in front of neon explosions, it's a must

HiResDes

i like my action movies to have action in them and not focus on some shit story and it sounds like pacific rim does that pretty well

hey now, i like the criterion collection movies as well
Well it has a bunch of shitty action and eschews it's horrid story for the most part

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom