• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
yhcj75G.png
Deserves his own coli head pic now

Rosenberg is the worst.

Hot 97 is the worst. Every week they have some corny ass attempt to go viral. And given that they're being killed in the ratings by the Breakfast Club/Power 105 I can't help but laugh at Ebro. Always talking numbers and charts except when it comes to his bitch ass show getting blown out the water.

It's hard to be a Rosenberg Stan out here post-Breakfast Club blowing up brehs :cryfam:

He's not good for primetime he fits more on shit like blogs and stuff because he's basically a huge hip-hop fanboy and it shows to the point were he can't even be professional most of the time.

Hot 97 is the worst. Every week they have some corny ass attempt to go viral. And given that they're being killed in the ratings by the Breakfast Club/Power 105 I can't help but laugh at Ebro. Always talking numbers and charts except when it comes to his bitch ass show getting blown out the water.

I don't mind Ebro so much...but yeah Hot 97 isn't all that great.

It's hard to be a Rosenberg Stan out here post-Breakfast Club blowing up brehs :cryfam:

Of all the things to stan...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
He's not good for primetime he fits more on shit like blogs and stuff because he's basically a huge hip-hop fanboy and it shows to the point were he can't even be professional most of the time.
Pretty much.

I still think Rosenberg is fantastic at doing what he's supposed to do and was hired to do: Real Late. And then he got the opportunity to do Juan Ep which is the best thing at Hot97 and has been for years.

He's not meant to be a personality. Ebro just comes off as fake, Laura Stylez basically doesn't exist, Angie is gone, Flex is flabby n sick, Mr Cee is out getting transsexual prostitutes to keep the ratings up, and Cipha only works when he's balanced with Peter. It's a mess, and all their morning show stuff is just cheesy. Let's see how far their desperation goes.

DominoKid

rosenberg talks too fucking much in these interviews man.

if he'd learn to let that shit breathe and realize that he's not the subject of the show his interviews would be a whole lot better.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
rosenberg talks too fucking much in these interviews man.

if he'd learn to let that shit breathe and realize that he's not the subject of the show his interviews would be a whole lot better.
This is a by-product of the whole making him a personality thing.

Every interview they do Rosenberg starts talking about himself but then goes on a long tangent and someone stops him like clockwork HEY DUMMY THIS INTERVIEW ISN'T ABOUT YOU *collective laugh* and they proceed.

It's just ridiculous now to the point where if you look at Hot97's YT page, all you see is WHAT EBRO DID THIS WEEKEND, IS ROSENBERG REALLY A FRUIT?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Juan Ep with The-Dream and Jay-Z are good examples of Rosenberg and co. being good at interviewing.

The Dream one is probably the most eye opening, clears the air about what constitutes "writing" and "producing" for records credits-wise, how ghost producing works, how he writes songs (and he's very good at articulating how he does it), the making of some massive songs, the type of residuals he gets and how they work, how he got where he was etc. Just a lot of stuff there tends to be folk knowledge about in the industry that he sets straight.

I actually just meant to link it and now I'm listening to it again. So good.

see5harp

Probably way late but good god that Wu-Tang album is terrible. We already knew that RZA and Cappadonna were terrible but it's pretty sad that even Method Man is the Gran Torino Clint Eastwood of the rap game.

that hook for that one new Wu song, think it was the title track but I aint bout to listen to that ol' bullshit again to confirm...shit was unreal. It was like the first time you heard Cappadonna - Baby Mommas and you thought this was some kick of Count Blackule-esque joke

talkin shit about the weeknd last page
fuck is wrong with yall

Drake be like, I was with Kobe when he shooting in the gym~

still a great line goddamn good gym song (at least that verse)

Most importantly though...finally listened to If There's a Hell Below
Yo
YOOO

The more I think about it the more I'm gonna feel the need to pull a Des and say this year hasn't been bad at all if you listen to more than just mainstream releases. Not throwing shade at anyone in particular but this was a good year for backpack rappers (shouts out to Recon)

Pathos

Banned
Most importantly though...finally listened to If There's a Hell Below
Yo
YOOO

The more I think about it the more I'm gonna feel the need to pull a Des and say this year hasn't been bad at all if you listen to more than just mainstream releases. Not throwing shade at anyone in particular but this was a good year for backpack rappers (shouts out to Recon)
Yeah it's probably my 2nd favourite release of this year, behind rtj2. I still have a lot of 2014 stuff to catch up on but I agree with it only being a bad year for the big mainstream stuff.
Detroit's new dance show is the shit

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This year's Top 10 is going to be so difficult.

Even with the bombardment of big releases at the end of this year, 2014 will still largely trash. There's 4-5 really strong projects for me and like probably 20 projects that have their moments.

In no particular order:

If There's a Hell Below - Black Milk
Run the Jewels 2 - RTJ
Under Pressure - Logic
Love.Lust.Lost.II - Mickey Factz
Greatest Story Never Told: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard - Saigon
The Water - Mick Jenkins
Hystori: Black History Project - CyHi the Prynce
100$ Taper - Hus Kingpin & Rozewood
Days Before Rodeo - Travi$ Scott
Banco - Sir Michael Rocks
Village Party - Alex Wiley
#YFB - .Cult
Heavy Hearted in Doldrums - Antwon
Tin Wooki - Chester Watson
Strange Journey Volume Three - Cunninlynguists
RetroHash - Asher Roth
Pinata - Freddie Gibbs
Oxymoron - Schoolboy Q
So It Goes - Ratking
No. Not. Never. - Jae Smoove
My Krazy Life - YG
Mastermind - Rick Ross
Cilvia - Isaiah Rashad
Ampersand EP - Drypht Ave
Navzdy - Kontrafakt (one source says it came out dec. 16th but too bad lol it's too good not to include...probs my rap AOTY if I could include albums not in english)
These Days...yea right lol

Those are just some of the albums that may have a spot on my top 10
You know when I actually type them all out I realize I've listened to a lot this year considering I didn't even list everything lol

AOTY is still No More by Shlohmo & Jeremih though

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

The only thing he does well is host a concert series in NY.... beyond that I don't fuck with him or hot 97 anymore

Yea and who knows about 36 Seasons or that Cole tape, which for some strange reason I think will be his strongest work yet.
Don't forget about Tha Carter V
lol
LOL

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I hope those Cole snippets weren't real because if they were, I'm much more excited for Tha Carter V Part 1 or w/e.

IrishNinja

ya'll really excited for cole & wayne huh...still can't tell who's trolling #fuckeryseason

also if your AOTY list don't feature artist names it can suck a fuck

Probably way late but good god that Wu-Tang album is terrible. We already knew that RZA and Cappadonna were terrible but it's pretty sad that even Method Man is the Gran Torino Clint Eastwood of the rap game.

ehh he dropped a few of those "young'un pull ya pants up" verses but he's been saying that type of shit since like Judgement Day, i don't really see it

DominoKid

Juan Ep with The-Dream and Jay-Z are good examples of Rosenberg and co. being good at interviewing.

The Dream one is probably the most eye opening, clears the air about what constitutes "writing" and "producing" for records credits-wise, how ghost producing works, how he writes songs (and he's very good at articulating how he does it), the making of some massive songs, the type of residuals he gets and how they work, how he got where he was etc. Just a lot of stuff there tends to be folk knowledge about in the industry that he sets straight.

I actually just meant to link it and now I'm listening to it again. So good.

jesus The Dream is still making a mil a year off Umbrella. that's fucking crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom