• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
shouldnt he be playing one of those japanese pedo games then?
you can't re-create people in visual novels though

just googled this chick

feel like I'm bout to have some feds knocking on my door

thanks Cheddahz
Big-Sean.png

Now go listen to her album
i'll cosign on this

PlayDat

Sunkids is really good, I would be interested in a Jonwayne/Zeroh album. Sunkids is the only track that stuck with me from that album.

This sounds like it could be kind of awesome. Jonwayne would have to produce though. I liked Zeroh instrumental tape from earlier this year, but he's a much better rapper/singer.

nehru jackets > not OK > word OK > that video in Heems childhood bedroom > this new AD video

Which video is this?

Action Bronson & Danny Brown - Bad News (produced by The Alchemist)

it's taken from the game's audio, so the audio isn't all too hot

Better quality

Esch

Banned
the thing is, they really think big sean got purchasing power in these social media skreets like that?

13 year olds / enzoes really checking hard enough for Big Sean that they're going to buy some Bioware games cause Big Sean rocking exclusive armor DLC out here?

I-dont-believe-you.gif

Cudder

Midway through Season 2. I've absolutely loved it so far, but the latest episode rubbed me the wrong way.

The episodes up until Brody has been made were incredible. When Saul found the suicide tape, when Carrie finds out she was right, when they start surveillance on him again, all of that shit was incredible. I was really confused as to how they'd keep the series going now that they have proof he's a terrorist. They have him on tape, what else do they need to put him in jail? How can Brody still be in this series after they find him out?

The part where Carrie goes to him in the hotel room and basically tears him down and lets him know that the CIA knows he's a terrorist and he gets apprehended genuinely shocked me. Felt like a moment out of a season finale smack dab in the middle of the season.

But this whole Brody working for the CIA? Nah. I really doubt that would actually happen in real life. How're you just going to let a terrorist free and go about his life inside the US government working side by side with the VP? Shit would never fly. They'd interrogate the shit out of him and hold him until he told them something. They wouldn't let him back out in the world and ask him to be a double agent. How the fuck do they know that he's not going back to Nazir and accelerating another suicide bombing and taking out the VP + whoever else because the CIA now knows who he is? Why would he care that his family will be shamed if they find out he's a terrorist, meanwhile he was about to go through with the suicide bombing anyway?

I'm still loving the show in Season 2 but him working for the CIA rubs me the wrong way, and tbh the lovey dovey connection between him and Carrie? Come on, it's pretty cringeworthy.

maybe I should post this as a lttp in the OT

Camp Lo

Banned
It's just that stretched chit Amazon Prime had though, right? No thanks. I got the first DVD set and that's all I need.

Pretty much. If they're not messing with the resolution, there's no real point other than having them all fit on one blu ray maybe.

PBY

Banned
Midway through Season 2. I've absolutely loved it so far, but the latest episode rubbed me the wrong way.

The episodes up until Brody has been made were incredible. When Saul found the suicide tape, when Carrie finds out she was right, when they start surveillance on him again, all of that shit was incredible. I was really confused as to how they'd keep the series going now that they have proof he's a terrorist. They have him on tape, what else do they need to put him in jail? How can Brody still be in this series after they find him out?

The part where Carrie goes to him in the hotel room and basically tears him down and lets him know that the CIA knows he's a terrorist and he gets apprehended genuinely shocked me. Felt like a moment out of a season finale smack dab in the middle of the season.

But this whole Brody working for the CIA? Nah. I really doubt that would actually happen in real life. How're you just going to let a terrorist free and go about his life inside the US government working side by side with the VP? Shit would never fly. They'd interrogate the shit out of him and hold him until he told them something. They wouldn't let him back out in the world and ask him to be a double agent. How the fuck do they know that he's not going back to Nazir and accelerating another suicide bombing and taking out the VP + whoever else because the CIA now knows who he is? Why would he care that his family will be shamed if they find out he's a terrorist, meanwhile he was about to go through with the suicide bombing anyway?

I'm still loving the show in Season 2 but him working for the CIA rubs me the wrong way, and tbh the lovey dovey connection between him and Carrie? Come on, it's pretty cringeworthy.

maybe I should post this as a lttp in the OT
Shits about to get waaaaaaaaaay dumber

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's just that stretched chit Amazon Prime had though, right? No thanks. I got the first DVD set and that's all I need.
Wait what? It's being remastered in HD and reaired next year, which is presumably what they'll be sourcing for the Blu-Ray.

The Wire is coming to Blu Ray.

Finally the GOAT arrives oh and what do you brehs watch and what are you looking forward for to ? For me I can't wait to see the new HBO show and hoping AMC does a better adaptation of Preacher than what they did with The Walking Dead. My tv watching is pretty limited after Boardwalk and Breaking Bad ended I just have True Detective to look forward to in the coming months. I mainly just watch South Park and the new Star Wars show.

CRS

Wait what? It's being remastered in HD and reaired next year, which is presumably what they'll be sourcing for the Blu-Ray.
Yeah I just saw the PR post. They're using the negatives and actually putting some effort into the remaster but it's still a fucking mess. They're still going to release it in 16:9 format for the stupid fucks that can't watch something in 4:3. :pacspit:

Unbelievable.

They're airing it I'm a few weeks on HBO with Blu-Rays coming out next year. Still not going to get it. Scust.

see5harp

Pretty much. If they're not messing with the resolution, there's no real point other than having them all fit on one blu ray maybe.

As far as I know they filmed on actual film stock and cropped the video for TV. A remastered version, even if not widescreen will be a HUGE upgrade.

see5harp

It was filmed on 35mm stock and the compositions were made for 4:3 screens. So yea, every shot was composed for SD televisions but it's not going to be a stretched image. It's just not the same shots as before and in some cases they had to probably digitally remove mics or random things that were in the shot on the edges. They aren't going to just take the same image and stretch it out or zoom in and cut the top and bottom off though.

CRS

It was filmed on 35mm stock and the compositions were made for 4:3 screens. So yea, every shot was composed for SD televisions but it's not going to be a stretched image. It's just not the same shots as before and in some cases they had to probably digitally remove mics or random things that were in the shot on the edges. They aren't going to just take the same image and stretch it out or zoom in and cut the top and bottom off though.
I misunderstood you previously.

After my first post on the matter, I found out that they're not just stretching/cropping the show, but I still don't understand the need to release it in 16:9 when the original format was just fine.

From Simon's blog post on the matter,

At which point, Bob set about to work with 4:3 as the given. And while we were filming in 35mm and could have ostensibly “protected” ourselves by adopting wider shot composition in the event of some future change of heart by HBO, the problem with doing so is obvious: If you compose a shot for a wider 16:9 screen, then you are, by definition, failing to optimize the composition of the 4:3 image. Choose to serve one construct and at times you must impair the other.

Because we knew the show would be broadcast in 4:3, Bob chose to maximize the storytelling within that construct. As full wide shots in 4:3 rendered protagonists smaller, they couldn’t be sustained for quite as long as in a feature film, but neither did we go running too quickly to close-ups as a consequence. Instead, mid-shots became an essential weapon for Bob, and on those rare occasions when he was obliged to leave the set, he would remind me to ensure that the director covered scenes with mid-sized shots that allowed us to effectively keep the story in the wider world, and to resist playing too much of the story in close shots.

Sacrifice quality for filling up that widescreen television brehs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom