• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Ok it took fucking two albums but this is nice this is nice. not to say born sinner wasn't good but this is very reminiscent of his mixtapes. beats are clean and the rapping is nice. I haven't finished though so we'll see.

Ok it took fucking two albums but this is nice this is nice. not to say born sinner wasn't good but this is very reminiscent of his mixtapes. beats are clean and the rapping is nice. I haven't finished though so we'll see.

Just finished and I agree everything just seemed a lot more natural and organic than his last two albums especially him lyrically. I will say the biggest improvement I'd say is definitely the production.

Cole lost me around Friday Night Lights and this is no different. Feels very forgettable, very aimless, very flat. Fire Squad is the only track I didn't want to skip halfway through, the only track that had the kind of feel and tempo I want from Cole (even though that track has some o___0 tier bars)

nahh/10

Dre3001

This Cole album is literally everything his debut album should have been. FHD feels like a natural progression from Friday Night Lights and The Warm Up. Just off a first listen it sounds like his best work/project.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
This Cole album is literally everything his debut album should have been. FHD feels like a natural progression from Friday Night Lights and The Warm Up. Just off a first listen it sounds like his best work/project.
I think every track is at least decent except for hello. Holy shit what the fuck.

HiResDes

If I count this Neighborhood mixtape as hip-hop watch out...Not a bad track on here, and it's giving me chills of excitement in the same manner House of Balloons first did years ago. Also Wara from The Neighborhood's mixtape was also super dope. These guys are so talented.

If I count this Neighborhood mixtape as hip-hop watch out...Not a bad track on here, and it's giving me chills of excitement in the same manner House of Balloons first did years ago. Also Wara from The Neighborhood's mixtape was also super dope. These guys are so talented.
TheNeighbrhd

Nibel

Hell must have frozen over because this Cole is actually pretty good, way better than his first two albums and maybe even surpassing FNL

studyguy

I'll listen whenever it drops on Google Play. If nothing else, the service ends up being a safety net for me since I sleep on all these damn releases. Will definitely check out that new Cole shit though. Also fuck brehs, it's cold as a motherfucker, still raining.

So I have this melody stuck in my he'd but can't find the song. Its a saxophone(?) I think and it goes something like this : brrrm brrrm brrrm brrrm brrrm pause brrm brrm brrm brrrrm brrrm pause brrrrrrrrm brrrrrrrrrm

I found it, I wonder if anyone can get it though. It's a recent release too so it should be fresh. I can drop hints. And that song is hilarious

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
shit, might have to listen to that Cole album then.

still waiting on that high quality PRhyme and Ghost too.

Esch

Banned
J Cole the GOAT middling rapper, the king of average. Everything about this dude is perfectly neutral, it's almost like he's the very personification of middle class life. Never before has there been a rapper who can so perfectly capture the steady neutrality of this life like this man. His entire career is like a day where you wake up in a queen sized bed, go to high school and get a b on a test, maybe eat at Chipotle for lunch, go play lacrosse for your 3A team after school, come home and eat a family dinner, do your homework, talk to your nice but somewhat boring girlfriend on the phone about going to the mall on the weekend to see ___________ (blockbuster here) and go to sleep before 12.

I bet he's happy though.

thabiz

J Cole the GOAT middling rapper, the king of average. Everything about this dude is perfectly neutral, it's almost like he's the very personification of middle class life. Never before has there been a rapper who can so perfectly capture the steady neutrality of this life like this man. His entire career is like a day where you wake up in a queen sized bed, go to high school and get a b on a test, maybe eat at Chipotle for lunch, go play lacrosse for your 3A team after school, come home and eat a family dinner, do your homework, talk to your girlfriend on the phone about going to the mall on the weekend to see ___________ (blockbuster here) and go to sleep before 12.

I bet he's happy though.

dear god.

J Cole the GOAT middling rapper, the king of average. Everything about this dude is perfectly neutral, it's almost like he's the very personification of middle class life. Never before has there been a rapper who can so perfectly capture the steady neutrality of this life like this man. His entire career is like a day where you wake up in a queen sized bed, go to high school and get a b on a test, maybe eat at Chipotle for lunch, go play lacrosse for your 3A team after school, come home and eat a family dinner, do your homework, talk to your nice but somewhat boring girlfriend on the phone about going to the mall on the weekend to see ___________ (blockbuster here) and go to sleep before 12.

I bet he's happy though.
Ahahahahaha Esch on fire lately

Dereck

I bet he's happy though.
opsDnkV.png

PartyNextDoor dropped a small new EP as well, PNDCOLOURS EP

4 tracks

https://soundcloud.com/partyomo

WHAT

I bet he's happy though.

great way to start my day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom