• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is beard shaming the next new thing in hip-hop? damn I feel we just got 5 years of that from lumbersexuals and hipsters.

that's pretty dusty bruhs

it is when you got k.dot rocking his ridiculous facial hair
it's like a trinidad james/schoolboy q equivalent of unkept fingernails
looking like they live on danny brown's porch or something
shits just wrong

Esch

Banned
Is beard shaming the next new thing in hip-hop? damn I feel we just got 5 years of that from lumbersexuals and hipsters.

that's pretty dusty bruhs

No shame, just a pure evaluation. #NotAllBeards are created equal. For example Ross' facial hair is impeccable; even though he's a fraud it gives him the aura of a bawse:

mysmilie_1561-gif-png.281

Now contrast that with Nas. It looks decent enough I guess, but overall has the air of something a dude in an Algerian street market who would try to fleece you for some carpets. And if you don't buy the carpets, because you touched them, he takes you in a back room and his goons ransom you off to your family:

jbennJfH3qwLIX.png

Now contrast that with Nas. It looks decent enough I guess, but overall has the air of something a dude in an Algerian street market who would try to fleece you for some carpets. And if you don't buy the carpets, because you touched them, he takes you in a back room and his goons ransom you off to your family:

jbennJfH3qwLIX.png

"Freedom or jail, rugs or carpets, a sale is being made
same time a man is snatched, the beginning and end"

Esch

Banned
Jay-Z is making a conscious decision here to keep it #minimalist, as he knows he'd look weird with a couple days of stubble. Clean shaven is never a bad choice, for some brehs.

enhanced-buzz-31502-1254857618-4.jpg

IrishNinja

never been one for bears, but com works on his too. i don't know how dudes like bronson or freeway live with all that though

His vocal chords are trashed due to misuse, shit it sad. You can't sing like that and not take care of your throat, you'll blow your chords out.

between this & the recent mariah one, ti's some heartbreaking shit lately
ive dated a few choir/singing chicks but still dont know what they're supposed to do to maintain said chords

Yeah Cole beard is much better than it used to be. I like his hair for the most part though. Kinda how I used to rock mine.

Edit: I remember Kam used to joke on Big Sean so much for his mustache. It would kill me

10817520_1403677549923755_599463662_n.jpg

YG mad about that grammy snub.

did MKL deserve a grammy nom tho? definitely better than that weed plate from Wiz.

why am I talm bout the grammys when in a couple months I'll be saying #FUCKTHEGRAMMYS anyway smh

DominoKid

beard life aint for everyone. i'm trying to let my shit grow out and it's pure struggle. i just want a decent looking beard like
9jBmg.png
but that cheek/chin area is letting me down.

i'd give YG the grammy over any of those albums.

IrishNinja

i once grew facial hair for like a week and a few gaf-hoppers said i was biting El-P
JgZs64Q.png

one of the coolest white dudes in the game, can't hate

beard life aint for everyone. i'm trying to let my shit grow out and it's pure struggle. i just want a decent looking beard like
9jBmg.png
but that cheek/chin area is letting me down.

i'd give YG the grammy over any of those albums.
Same, shit just ain't working :( but I shaved recently with some clips and it seems to be growing how I wanted it to

studyguy

My moustache game is strong, but that goes without saying.
I refuse to grow it on principle though. Can't be looking like every other Mexican out here in LA.

Also giving a shit about the grammys? For real?
I can't believe dudes even giving that shit a second of attention.

Cudder

Can't stand baby face. That's why beard trimmer with adjustable trim lengths are GOAT. Always gotta have some stubble.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I keep a light-to medium beard and pretty much just trim whatever is under my neck and jaw and clean up the soul patch area. If I could grow connectors between my stache and my beard I'd be living outchea but that's not the case :(

Kind of sucks, but it's better than your face looking like a baby's bottom for sure.

Can't stand baby face. That's why beard trimmer with adjustable trim lengths are GOAT. Always gotta have some stubble.
I've got some shitty ass trimmer that doesn't quite go close enough to mimic stubble, unfortunately. Find that shit hard to pull off TBH.

studyguy

I bet y'all don't even mosturize or exfoliate properly smh

I got a regimen homie, don't even play.
I'm not gonna be out here post 40 looking like these dudes with their lizard hide skin cause they were trying to be hard or some shit. Wash, toner, BHA exfoliate, moisturize, sunblock.

Call it sus but meanwhile I'm gonna be the dude looking 20 when he's 60.

DominoKid

I keep a light-to medium beard and pretty much just trim whatever is under my neck and jaw and clean up the soul patch area. If I could grow connectors between my stache and my beard I'd be living outchea but that's not the case :(

Kind of sucks, but it's better than your face looking like a baby's bottom for sure.

I've got some shitty ass trimmer that doesn't quite go close enough to mimic stubble, unfortunately. Find that shit hard to pull off TBH.

yeah i need to upgrade my trimmer. that remington battery trimmer doesn't cut it anymore.

I noticed that a lot of Euro rap seems to be super rippity rap fast. Grime dudes rap super fast, same with most of the eastern bloc shit that I see. some of the drill-a-likes don't but even they seem to take the lil herb approach more than the chief keef approach. It's a shame cause some of the electronic music heavy production is dope but i can't vibe to an entire cd full of quweruesitjeihjrqoerwoejrwjerioqwejrqiewjrwerojqwerjoj anymore.

I'l just leave this here.

Ghost said he's working on Cuban Linx 3 with Raekwon. I wish I was their manager, wouldn't even have to pay me. It would be so easy to secure dope (cheap) production, just open up the circle brehs. If Joey Badass can find gully ass beats anyone can.

CXQGrqh.png

WTF

Rikki Martinez is hot as hell.

Why did they fire her? I can't listen ATM.

According to her, they didn't want to have Q on during the lead up to Qxymoron's release, and she kept arguing he was worth placement. Regardless of the album being trash it did very well, proving her right. Likewise she had spent years trying to get a variety of artists on there that Power 105 didn't fuck with.

When they did the Drake interview last year or whatever they weren't allowed to talk to him live because his people told Power 105 he didn't want to take questions. So he went on a Kendrick tirade, called him a bitch etc, and Rikki wanted to argue it but got shot down.

Finally they sent her to the BET awards with no gear. She recorded all her interviews on her own gear/phone, the radio programmers threw a fit over some bullshit, and ultimately they let her go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom