• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Made a thread for ETHER y'all, holla.

According to her, they didn't want to have Q on during the lead up to Qxymoron's release, and she kept arguing he was worth placement. Regardless of the album being trash it did very well, proving her right. Likewise she had spent years trying to get a variety of artists on there that Power 105 didn't fuck with.

When they did the Drake interview last year or whatever they weren't allowed to talk to him live because his people told Power 105 he didn't want to take questions. So he went on a Kendrick tirade, called him a bitch etc, and Rikki wanted to argue it but got shot down.

Finally they sent her to the BET awards with no gear. She recorded all her interviews on her own gear/phone, the radio programmers threw a fit over some bullshit, and ultimately they let her go.
So insubordination? TBH this is kind of when you should know your place but that sounds fucked up in general.

e27352a83ed0f2517b63fb258b5a5986.png

Ignore the Beyonce, I truly have no idea how that got there not even joking
I use Google play way more :(

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hope you do a plug for like the last battle.
Maybe, it's tomorrow though so everyone will just be watching the stream together.

B Magic vs. Con comes out tomorrow though, which is going to be so awesome. I think I care more about that than Cassidy flopping around on stage.

Charlamange with explicit details about his watching of the R Kelly video
7IYUQIY.gif

I didn't want to hear this shit.

SMH
c'mon fam, let's not act like we all haven't heard Charlamagne talk about him taking dick growth pills because his chick was cheating or his dog licking his balls in every other Breakfast Club interview

"Hmm, what's Gaf-Hop saying about 2014 Forest Hills Drive."

What do you guys give J. Cole's facial hair out of 10. It's definitely better than Kendrick's. It has a pubey look to it. But more full than Q's. It's better than his lame ass goatee too.

Edit: oh it looks like his goatee is there, just there is lead up to it. Doesn't spawn randomly.

I'd give Cole's facial hair a nice solid 5 based on this picture, right here.

Believe it or not, I'd say this is actually a solid upgrade over his previous beard, which I'd rate a 3. Son was rocking that 00's Jafar-cum-villain-in-a-Vin-Diesel flick shit for years and years; it was awful. He made the decision to flesh it out a little more, and I think it's better. Sort of gives him a bit of a bohemian suburban artiste air, the kind you'd expect from a dude that cold smokes his own chili peppers in his backyard and listens to Neo-Soul in his Kia on the way to a school with 'tech' in the name. And yet there's a hint of pain in his eyes, you can see that recent events have struck him right in that soul. Freestyles coming soon.

NsARqvd.png

I don't know man, Cole's beard strikes me as unkempt in all the wrong ways. The hair combination hurts too. Dude is just looking bummy.

It's a 5/10 breh. If you're an ODB/Gunplay type you can rock a shitty, scraggly, unkempt beard for sure. Cole is kinda pulling it off somewhat with the bummy clothes, but you need more overall beard for that.

Contrast this with Drizzy, who pretty much rocks a perfect beard at all times. Say what you want about him, but it's on point.

jqZ0l4i0nlO13.png

I kinda fux w Hollywood Coles facial hair

Yeah Cole beard is much better than it used to be. I like his hair for the most part though. Kinda how I used to rock mine.

Edit: I remember Kam used to joke on Big Sean so much for his mustache. It would kill me

cSRNSsK.jpg

Can we stop having people randomly coming into this thread complaining about what we are talking about? Especially when we are actually talking about something those people are nowhere to be found and have absolutely nothing to fucking contribute

lol to actually answer your question though, Forest Hills is a step up from Born Sinner but still overall B tier. So the status quo for J. Cole.

also grammys are wack but it is surprising DJ Mustard didn't get a producer nomination

On merit and ubiquity it's surprising. But grammys are gonna grammy.

What kind of response is this? Really

The perfect response.

I'm a Cole stan joking on the beard talk, and you're feeling like I spat on the community's grave.

Esch

Banned
Can we stop having people randomly coming into this thread complaining about what we are talking about? Especially when we are actually talking about something those people are nowhere to be found and have absolutely nothing to fucking contribute

lol i think he's just joking around man

on the grammys talk tho this year is extremely conflicting. i don't want iggy to win because she's garbage, but if she wins it will be a hilarious L on Eminem after that little comment she made about him a while ago.

but if eminem wins that's a loss for iggy which is good. but a win for MMLP2...fuck that.

childish garbanzo sucks.

....grammys should give the strategic award to Q.

on the grammys talk tho this year is extremely conflicting. i don't want iggy to win because she's garbage, but if she wins it will be a hilarious L on Eminem after that little comment she made about him a while ago.

but if eminem wins that's a loss for iggy which is good. but a win for MMLP2...fuck that.

childish garbanzo sucks.

....grammys should give the strategic award to Q.

yea Q actually seems like a "safe" choice with TDE's momentum, regardless of the fact they didn't really do anything with it this year
eminem vs. iggy will come down to how politically correct the grammys decide to be this year

injurai

Banned
My facial hair grows too slowly to even bother. I'd be in a grimy facial state to long for it to be worth it.

The sad part is my dad refuses to grow out his facial hair on the account that he doesn't like it. So I don't even have a frame of reference for what my genetics can do. Actually both my grandfathers don't sport beards either.

I'm inheriting to sins of my fathers. Such a shame.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
My facial hair grows too slowly to even bother. I'd be in a grimy facial state to long for it to be worth it.

The sad part is my dad refuses to grow out his facial hair on the account that he doesn't like it. So I don't even have a frame of reference for what my genetics can do. Actually both my grandfathers don't sport beards either.

I'm inheriting to sins of my fathers. Such a shame.
I.. didn't even know this was a genetics thing. My brother's facial hair doesn't grow in like mine and neither of ours grows in like my dads.

injurai

Banned
I.. didn't even know this was a genetics thing. My brother's facial hair doesn't grow in like mine and neither of ours grows in like my dads.

Your being facetious right? From where I'm standing I wish beards were actually a result of one's determination to grow one. Cause I would grow a mighty one indeed. Maybe I just need to yell more, go ssj.

Pathos

Banned
I'll be honest about Wayne. When i was younger, i listened to a lot of his shit because he was just blowing up at that time but then i jumped on the hate bandwagon because it was "cool" and no "real" rap fan would ever listen to him (early highschool). Anyways, I went back and listened to tha carter 1 and 2 last week. they were much better than i remembered. Might go ahead and listen to 3 and 4 (haven't listened to them before except for a couple of the singles).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom