• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Is Nibel even Canadian? breh has the aura of some sort of european almost. like one of the three dudes in here from scandinavia

NsARqvd.png

Esch

Banned
I noticed that a lot of Euro rap seems to be super rippity rap fast. Grime dudes rap super fast, same with most of the eastern bloc shit that I see. some of the drill-a-likes don't but even they seem to take the lil herb approach more than the chief keef approach. It's a shame cause some of the electronic music heavy production is dope but i can't vibe to an entire cd full of quweruesitjeihjrqoerwoejrwjerioqwejrqiewjrwerojqwerjoj anymore.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
That's because they don't really get rap out here. They like it, sure, but they don't understand it. It's a copy of a copy.

Nibel

Yeah, they have all the definitons kinda fucked up in here. 'Black Music' is basically all kinds of rap and R&B, it's a shitty term. If you visit a club that says 'Black Music' though, you very often get some good 80s and 90s R&B music.

I noticed that a lot of Euro rap seems to be super rippity rap fast. Grime dudes rap super fast, same with most of the eastern bloc shit that I see. some of the drill-a-likes don't but even they seem to take the lil herb approach more than the chief keef approach.

Can't speak for Eastern Europe, but in Germany they put more effort into the rap technique than the sound. Dozens of lyrics are full of comparisons and metaphors, and while I would say most of these lyrics have way more depth than the popular stuff from Merica, it's also very boring to listen to after you've heard it once. They rather impress kids with their techniques instead on focusing create good music; dude I linked though is legit, gives a fuck about everything and focuses on music.

Esch

Banned
Y
Can't speak for Eastern Europe, but in Germany they put more effort into the rap technique than the sound. Dozens of lyrics are full of comparisons and metaphors, and while I would say most of these lyrics have way more depth than the popular stuff from Merica, it's also very boring to listen to after you've heard it once. They rather impress kids with their techniques instead on focusing create good music; dude I linked though is legit, gives a fuck about everything and focuses on music.

Yeah. People over there seem more in tune with say, conscious rap or 80s classic hip hop and stuff like that, i remember reading that Rakim and KRS One types get great touring opportunities over in europe while they struggle to fill out venues here. But like a lot of dudes that try really hard to make rap a more academic type of artform they end up missing the point, which is that rap ain't really like that. It's folk music at it's core.

That's because they don't really get rap out here. They like it, sure, but they don't understand it. It's a copy of a copy.
Basically.

IrishNinja

I haven't played either flabchise in years, but I always preferred DOA; Tekken you could always mash your way through sometimes. the slower
imo more realistic
counter based style of DOA was always more fun imo.

man, it's surprising you're not a virtua fighter fan like shinobis, or at least gassing up SF III then

pretty much. Grammy nom discussion always feels like validation seeking to me

i get dudes like yeezy who are about that validation life but yeah, ive never understood beyond that; don't people in even gneres like rock mostly consider them crap?
an oscar literally (as i understand it) affects the pay you can ask for your next roles. does a grammy do this at all?

Addicted to this loose track, hopefully these guys have a full project that sounds like this - https://soundcloud.com/stonercreek/jassonc-emptysev-philharmonic-prod-rellim

...Listen to that shit brehs

not bad, not bad

How the fuck these dudes gonna charge me half the price of a ticket in fees,smh

ticketmasterlyfe

those beats might go to an MC that can do them justice one day, this is a cause for celebration fam

you know esch is heated if hes missing targets

compared to beansnibel you whack.

Real shit, still aint listened past track 3 of Magna Carta.

"140 characters in these streets nigga"

sF9wNy6.gif

then I put on the Black Album

these posts, icant

Rap music in Germany is known as "Black Music" (photo from when I was in Germany visiting fa

yeah ive seen this over there too but really, i don't think the "urban" sections we've had out here are all that different/better

I already miss Tails :(

for real, santa hat & all
ive never been a huge mcrea fan but Hitman is easily Ennis' 2nd best series of all time so i fucks with yours

Yeah. People over there seem more in tune with say, conscious rap or 80s classic hip hop and stuff like that, i remember reading that Rakim and KRS One types get great touring opportunities over in europe while they struggle to fill out venues here. But like a lot of dudes that try really hard to make rap a more academic type of artform they end up missing the point, which is that rap ain't really like that. It's folk music at it's core.

that euro album i keep mentioning (Navzdy) has the opening track produced by DJ Premier of all people so they're definitely aware of who the heavyweights are/were
the touring thing is pretty interesting though

music videos are top fucking notch too

edit: so i just listened to renegade for the hell of it and the first related video....was ether lol

overcast

yooo lmao that's fucked up on a number of levels

Also

How the fuck these dudes gonna charge me half the price of a ticket in fees,smh
Jesus Christ. Also, I hope they aren't sold out by next Friday. That's when I'm buying.

What do you guys give J. Cole's facial hair out of 10. It's definitely better than Kendrick's. It has a pubey look to it. But more full than Q's. It's better than his lame ass goatee too.

Edit: oh it looks like his goatee is there, just there is lead up to it. Doesn't spawn randomly.

Cheddahz

Banned
What do you guys give J. Cole's facial hair out of 10. It's definitely better than Kendrick's. It has a pubey look to it. But more full than Q's. It's better than his lame ass goatee too.

You expect me to compare facial hair between rappers?

My Birdman alert is going off the charts

DominoKid

Jesus Christ. Also, I hope they aren't sold out by next Friday. That's when I'm buying.

Edit: oh it looks like his goatee is there, just there is lead up to it. Doesn't spawn randomly.

This is a real poor mans PD post

Esch

Banned
I'd give Cole's facial hair a nice solid 5 based on this picture, right here.

Believe it or not, I'd say this is actually a solid upgrade over his previous beard, which I'd rate a 3. Son was rocking that 00's Jafar-cum-villain-in-a-Vin-Diesel flick shit for years and years; it was awful. He made the decision to flesh it out a little more, and I think it's better. Sort of gives him a bit of a bohemian suburban artiste air, the kind you'd expect from a dude that cold smokes his own chili peppers in his backyard and listens to Neo-Soul in his Kia on the way to a school with 'tech' in the name. And yet there's a hint of pain in his eyes, you can see that recent events have struck him right in that soul. Freestyles coming soon.

NsARqvd.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't know man, Cole's beard strikes me as unkempt in all the wrong ways. The hair combination hurts too. Dude is just looking bummy.

studyguy

Kendricks beard game is still in highschool. For real, my cousin's a junior in HS and his struggle beard not too far off from this mess. Like they lost a fight with an electric razor with all them holes in it.

Esch

Banned
I don't know man, Cole's beard strikes me as unkempt in all the wrong ways. The hair combination hurts too. Dude is just looking bummy.

It's a 5/10 breh. If you're an ODB/Gunplay type you can rock a shitty, scraggly, unkempt beard for sure. Cole is kinda pulling it off somewhat with the bummy clothes, but you need more overall beard for that.

Contrast this with Drizzy, who pretty much rocks a perfect beard at all times. Say what you want about him, but it's on point.

jqZ0l4i0nlO13.png

injurai

Banned
Is beard shaming the next new thing in hip-hop? damn I feel we just got 5 years of that from lumbersexuals and hipsters.

that's pretty dusty bruhs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom