• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

On another note, I'm curious. Honest opinions on Jedi Mind Tricks?

I think they have a lot of really good traits, as their production is absolutely amazing (Stoupe is really good) and I can admire a lot of their anger and passion. On the other hand, I can't ignore how prevalent their homophobia is, and most importantly, for every single pointed (and really pertinent) line they can make, there will be tons of stupid/asinine/downright idiotic conspiracy theory-addled viewpoints in their music, and come on, how fucking dumb do you have to be to disprove the effectiveness of Polio vaccinations?

my favorite jmt song also has one of my favorite rap lines, "Even your girl can catch the capsule/ i love pussy but never the bitch that it's attached to"

52aomHB.gif

bonus

Fjordson

I like early JMT a lot. Yeah once you dive into Vinnie Paz's "wisdom" their music loses a bit of its luster, but Psycho-Social and Violent by Design are great.

Eos

Didn't think that I would like twenty88 but it actually isn't that bad. No one really asked for a big sean and jhene collab but it works. This is aziz is also dope. Y'all were right about the production, it's really, really nice.

Dereck

Big Sean is just a lot less obnoxious than usual while trying to do his best Drake impression and it works for the majority of the project.

T Dollarz

Man, y'all weren't kidding, that Azizi Gibson is absolute fire. He isn't exceptional on the mic, but great hooks and outstanding production really make the project shine.

FZZ

Banned
"I wanna fuck her but she plays more games than the NBA"

kttcoliwhew
3V8qFHN.png
kttcoliwhew
3V8qFHN.png
kttcoliwhew
3V8qFHN.png

Jesus fucking christ SS3 is so fucking good.

Thug has perfected flow and delivery.

Fjordson

Only because of the beats. Vinnie was never good and Jus Allah managed to be even worse
I sort of agree, though just aesthetically some of early Vinnie and some of the guest verses have always sounded fine to me. He had a good presence on the mic. But yeah, once you take a second and dive into some of the lyrics it gets kinda weird.

edit: aesthetically isn't the right word. Uh...audibly?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Distant, you done made us distant
Now that your best friend's on the west end
Through the phone still I be kissing
Its your estrogen I be missing
Back when we were driving down Winston
Told you palm trees was the mission
Now you missing

jTdhRzE.gif

Wonder if it's for his next album
That mike will x kdot hasn't dropped yet either and that was like 2-3 months ago

He has also worked with Metro, Travis Scott, Mike Will, TM88, and London in the last 3 months or so. I heard he's notorious for recording a lot of shit that never comes out, so who knows what will happen. Guessing releasing an album you can't tour has convinced him to do something people actually want to hear. Obviously I'd rather those beats go to Thugger though.

Eos

He has also worked with Metro, Travis Scott, Mike Will, TM88, and London in the last 3 months or so. I heard he's notorious for recording a lot of shit that never comes out, so who knows what will happen. Guessing releasing an album you can't tour has convinced him to do something people actually want to hear. Obviously I'd rather those beats go to Thugger though.
All I'm hoping for is no more jazz influence on the next album

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
It was like a Drake album without even a clever turn of phrase or catchy beat. It's a duet album of two extraordinarily mediocre talents that combined to form an album that was somehow worse than the sum of its already lacking parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom