• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

https://soundcloud.com/suicidewave/suicidewave-mystxrivl-crystvllizx

Bygarmj.gif

Finally getting into Sage Francis. He's really good. Best thing about him is that I like how personal his music is, instead of flagging the same tired political/social shtick (Hi Immortal Technique). Thank god. And not the same old "I criticize the mainstream" shit too, the most boring and overplayed topic in the entire rap industry.

HiResDes

So I fired up Year of the Savage again and man I really do feel like people slept on it...So many people seemed to be head over heels about Imperial, but Year of the Savage captures the same tone with more fleshed out craftsmanship for me.

Good Metal is all over rap music.

I forgot that Slayer was sampled in PE's It Takes a Nation... I honestly haven't really payed attention much to Metal being sampled/incorporated into Rap songs though, since I usually don't really think Rap and Metal really go together well. Though it's sometimes hard to say; Bring The Noise with Anthrax and PE was fucking awesome and still is.

I guess you could put Dalek and Death Grips as being influenced by Metal and having some of the qualities of Extreme Metal, though. Even though I think those guys are obviously influenced more by Early Industrial (Swans and the like) and Noise Music, than Ambient Black Metal, Black-Doom, and Post Metal.

Sremm Life 2 I June 24th
1. Start a Party
2. Real Chill (feat. Kodak Black)
3. By Chance
4. Look Alive
5. Set The Roof (feat. Lil Jon)
6. Shake It Fast (feat. Juicy J)
7. Take It Or Leave It
8. Came a Long Way
9. Now That I Know
10. Patti Cake
11. Just Like Us

Deluxe Edition:
12. Over Here (feat. Bobo Swae)
13. Swang
14. 662 (feat. Impxct, & Riff 3x)

Ninja Dom

New albums out today:

Royce Da 5'9" - Layers
Lil' Yachty - Lil' Boat (got some Migos & Young Thug features on here)
Mr. Lif - Don't Look Down
Grand Puba - Black From The Future

So I fired up Year of the Savage again and man I really do feel like people slept on it...So many people seemed to be head over heels about Imperial, but Year of the Savage captures the same tone with more fleshed out craftsmanship for me.
Yeah that album is great, didn't expect it to be that good. Some jams on there.

Ninja Dom

You know somebody who doesn't really get much recognition?

Dame Grease.

Dude is a superstar producer. Just listening to his 2015 album, Martial Law and the production is so tight!!!

Dereck

Guys, the Speakerboxxx is really solid and sounds ahead of its time.

Also, it's Big Boi's first solo album, kind of forgot about that.

The most noteworthy thing about Royce's album is how he's still jumping all over beats trying to find the smoothest or most awkward flows he can, many times on the same track a few bars apart. Doesn't really have any longevity for me because the production is mostly ehh, and the songs not very memorable, but from a technical perspective it's kinda interesting to listen to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom