• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Jim Jones ft. Rich Homie Quan, A$AP Ferg & Desiigner. Didn't expect it looking at that combination of artists, but I fuck with this. All of the artists are so fluid in trading bars.

Royce Da 5'9" - Layers album streaming on SoundCloud.

Southside interview with Whoo Kid. Most notably seems like a Jay Z x Future x Jake One collabo has been recorded and will be the single from Khaled's next album, Major Key. Still listening, but already some shots at Desiigner (Southside a funny dude) and he's talks about working on TLOP and rapping for Ye. Bruh I didn't know Southside did Illest Motherfuckers Alive. Ye with that godlike foresight too.

EDIT: Interview is pretty good. Southside said he wants to produce for Outkast, and at 17 he finally met his dad who apparently did production for them. Damn.

So he's gotten flabbier?
troll.png
LOL

DominoKid

I wouldnt really say Ye had foresight on that one. That was back when Southside/Lex/Waka were the hot new team. Gotta put that on the scoreboard for Gucci.

T Dollarz

My top 3 AOTY spots go to TLoP, Imperial and SS3 all with strong 8s.

I wish I could combine Purple Reign and EVOL into one entity because I've fucked with both heavy but I can't really pick one over the other. I'd give both light 8s or whatever I guess.

I'll check out that Azizi and Pollari on your recs.

HiResDes

Shit I've really felt this year:

Azizi Gibson - A New Life
Dalek - Asphalt for Eden
Young Thug - Slime Season 3
Antwon - Double Ecstasy (EP)
J-Zone - Fish-n-Grits
French Montana - Wave Gods
Pollari - Sonya (EP)
Lil Yachty - Lil Boat
Elzhi - Lead Poison
Bones - Useless
Retch - Lean and Neck
Westside Gunn - Flygod
Adamnkilla - Back 2 Ballin

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I don't understand people. Panda has to be the worst Future song I've heard yet it takes off more than all his actual hits. Its terrible and I have no idea what the song is even talking about.

Novelty trash lights up the charts all the time. No sense in trying to understand it. It'll go away eventually.

IrishNinja

Fuck I've had Hotline Bling stuck in my head.

you should just be yourself
right now you someone else

Damn Drake about to rule the summer

Actually Kanye will.

i'm okay with either of these options

Totally got into Brand Nubian's first album...so fucking good.

Too bad Lord Jamar is a fucking moron these days.

yeah, he's been on that shit for a while though...his lyrics showed it in some of his works too
i remember digging puba's dolo one as well, 2000, whenever you get around to it - totally bought it cause of source's review & i like it

On another note, I'm curious. Honest opinions on Jedi Mind Tricks?

I think they have a lot of really good traits, as their production is absolutely amazing (Stoupe is really good) and I can admire a lot of their anger and passion. On the other hand, I can't ignore how prevalent their homophobia is, and most importantly, for every single pointed (and really pertinent) line they can make, there will be tons of stupid/asinine/downright idiotic conspiracy theory-addled viewpoints in their music, and come on, how fucking dumb do you have to be to disprove the effectiveness of Polio vaccinations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom