• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eos

So drake did 600k+ in a day, and will definitely get 1m+ for first week sales. Majid jordan lawst
tg5Ws.png

Cheesecake verse is one of the best on this album, don't understand how you guys can hate! Full serious.

Um, album is very rehashed, I was expecting something much more experimental and fresh. Thought this was going to be the final big curve of Drake's career, instead it's mostly 2011-era drake with some current wave stuff like the Caribbean flavour sporadically mixed in.

First track grew on me a lot though tbf. Drums on that thing are great

OG Kush

This MZ album is fantastic and I can't even understand anything.

The truth man! I was listening to it again today and was thinking to make the exact post you just made. I love how they have a song named "Lidl" as well. Lidl is a big supermarket chain in Europe.

jbug617

Banned
man no wonder IYRTITL is Drake's best album, he ain't write shit smh

that PND Legend reference track also has a few lines used on Views.

"A lot of niggas cut the check so they can take this flow" foh man

mooooose

i wonder if the ghostwriting reveal changed drake's creative process with the album

it was never supposed to be the IYRTITL sound but it's just weird to see drake regress

Fjordson

OVO really is a weird label. These guys are giving up quality stuff for Drake albums and their own stuff never really blows up. Must be in it for the Jordan collab swag.

Nabs

man no wonder IYRTITL is Drake's best album, he ain't write shit smh

that PND Legend reference track also has a few lines used on Views.

"A lot of niggas cut the check so they can take this flow" foh man

The best part of that line is how Party then comes in with the adlib. Like... what?

I mean I assume some sort of exchange went down lol. Doubt PND is still on OVO if he was getting his shit straight up stolen.

There ain't no sharing. Party is clearly getting paid off this, but his music is suffering big time. Shoutouts to The Weeknd for making Take Care what it is and dipping. Genius shit there.

DominoKid

OVO really is a weird label. These guys are giving up quality stuff for Drake albums and their own stuff never really blows up. Must be in it for the Jordan collab swag.

It isnt rocket science. Drake is just a better performer than they are. So the song is mor useful in his hands. Especially Majid Jordan. Theyre lucky to even be recording. They should be Mr Hudson status of working in the background.

If you're a PND fan (as I am) all of these reference leaks should be encouraging as it shows hes worked out some of his songwriting issues and now he's ready for a run of his own. Come and See Me already showing the payoff.

From other thread

Keeping
- U With Me?
- Hype
- Controlla
- Feel No Ways
- Too Good

Everything else is especially mediocre.

6/20. All the other songs that people seem to really like (Views,Weston Road Flows, Faithful) just feel like songs Drake has done dozens of times over. Well, the whole album feels like that but those 6 tracks above I enjoy.

The OVO clique knows whats up:

If Drake's winning the whole team winning

He's by far (BY FAR) the best at actually performing the songs on that label so why not let him get the shine while everyone else eats in the back?

Last year already proved that cats don't really care who wrote the shit as long as its hot

Finally listened to the AG Da Coroner album last night. I've been waiting on it for a while since hearing the Crushed Grapes EP.

....what a disappointment. Lukewarm production all over the place and while he's good, he's not that good for me to disregard it. Out of 18 songs, only 3-4 jumped out at me.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
That boy light as Michael Jackson
But off verses, he been blackin'

Is among the best lines on the album. Take that for what you will.

overcast

That boy light as Michael Jackson
But off verses, he been blackin'

Is among the best lines on the album. Take that for what you will.
I agree. Not a lot of quotables on this one.
I give it a month before the album starts popping up on y'all top tens
You can enjoy the album and we can say it's mediocre bro. It's okay. You don't have to keep projecting your insecurity about this drake project on us ✌🏻️✌🏻✌🏻

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I like how everybody sort of just remembered that Drake has always been sorta shit. Back 2 Back had a nation confused for a minute.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Now this is some revisionist shit. All his albums were solid until Views.

Solid is something you say about a car that doesn't have power windowns, but the AC mostly works. Solid is a job where the hours are good, but you still gotta wear a paper hat. Solid is what you call a meal your SO made for you when you ain't trying to hurt her feelings but you're not going back for seconds. Solid is a scrappy wideout that may get some playtime in the fourth quarter once the game is already decided.

Drake is the most solid guy in the industry.

Vorheez

Not gonna lie, WW killing it with his witty posts. Always quality.

Like, even though Drake is still a God, and just dropped album of the decade, that post made me question myself. Made me think twice. But you still can't fool me. I see clearly now, and what I see are views from the 6

Koozek

^Who that?

I'm liking Views more and more. I actually like the intro for the lush production. But it really seems like he had less ghostwriters than with NWTS and IYRTITL, sounds like pre-2014 Drake on many tracks, which sounds kinda outdated somehow after hearing him pulling out so many different, dope flows in the last two years. Since I'm not stanning him anymore my corn-tolerance is really low, too. Some of his singing sounds unintenionally funny almost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom