• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catvoca

Banned
The new Skepta album is great? Are you guys from the UK who are saying this? Me and all my mates are sorely dissapointed. Black list was much better. On Konnichiwa Skepta uses the same flow on every track and possible even the same sound banks. I get that he's trying to take the Grime sound international but this album definitely needs more variety in production.

But naah his same old flow, same punchline flow, and most of the tracks sound the same is just dead. 6/10 from me.

I confess to knowing very little about Grime. I just listened to the album on a whim after really liking Man, and I enjoyed the album quite a bit.

Fjordson

The new Skepta album is great? Are you guys from the UK who are saying this? Me and all my mates are sorely dissapointed. Black list was much better. On Konnichiwa Skepta uses the same flow on every track and possible even the same sound banks. I get that he's trying to take the Grime sound international but this album definitely needs more variety in production.

But naah his same old flow, same punchline flow, and most of the tracks sound the same is just dead. 6/10 from me.
From London and I enjoy it. Not amazing, but it's good imo.

HiResDes

It has some flaws but I really don't understand the flow complaint. There are some tracks where he uses this really simple slow near swag inspired approach with a really beefed up methodical delivery, and others like man where he's just going all out in typical breakneck grime fashion. I think it's a really solid entry though there's definitely some pandering and a bit if cringe, but to be honest Skepta has always made me cringe at times even on his more straightforward grime albums. I think he actually does succeed in showing a bit of versatility and would welcome more pandering ala the Pharrell track as I've never been found of listening grime at great lengths anyway.

Cheddahz

Banned

maxresdefault.jpg

Anth0ny

so I'm in the middle of making a massive 2000s rap playlist right now

and I'm kinda AMAZED at how much shit doesn't hold up

like... I can't listen to 50 cent/anyone from g-unit anymore. at the very least, I'm not feeling him as a part of a 2016 playlist of 2000s bangers. same with ludacris. nelly's early stuff is still great... but even that stuff I don't feel like holds up today in a club setting. my childhood ; _ ;

here's some of the shit that still bangs:

J Kwon - Tipsy (will forever be a banger)
Jay Z - U Don't Know
Jim Jones - We Fly High
Dr. Dre feat. Eminem - Forgot About Dre
Jay Z - Public Service Announcement
Clipse - When the Last Time
Clipse - Grindin
Snoop Dogg - Drop it like it's Hot
Juvenile - Slow Motion
Dr. Dre - The Next Episode
Damian Marley - Welcome to Jamrock
DMX - Up in Here
DMX - Ruff Ryders Anthem
Khia - My Neck, My Back
Ja Rule - Always on Time
R Kelly - Ignition (Remix)
Lil Scrappy - Neva Eva (BANGERRRRRRRR)
Kid Cudi - Day N Night

Kanye holds up extremely well, I'm playing most of his hits from the 2000s no problem. Can't Tell Me Nothing is GOD TIER.

I've basically just been clicking through "best of 2000s" playlists on youtube and downloading anything that I think still sounds good. I'm looking for mainly mainstream stuff because that's what my crowds are into... basically just a nostalgia kick. so much god damn nostalgia... but also tons of stuff that doesn't really hold up today. at least in my mind.

if yall have any bangers from that decade that still sound good, post em here

Eos

like... I can't listen to 50 cent/anyone from g-unit anymore. at the very least, I'm not feeling him as a part of a 2016 playlist of 2000s bangers. same with ludacris. nelly's early stuff is still great... but even that stuff I don't feel like holds up today in a club setting. my childhood ; _ ;

Jay Z - U Don't Know
Jim Jones - We Fly High
Clipse - Grindin
Juvenile - Slow Motion
DMX - Up in Here
DMX - Ruff Ryders Anthem
Khia - My Neck, My Back
Ja Rule - Always on Time
Kid Cudi - Day N Night

Kanye holds up extremely well, I'm playing most of his hits from the 2000s no problem. Can't Tell Me Nothing is GOD TIER.

I've basically just been clicking through "best of 2000s" playlists on youtube and downloading anything that I think still sounds good. I'm looking for mainly mainstream stuff because that's what my crowds are into... basically just a nostalgia kick. so much god damn nostalgia... but also tons of stuff that doesn't really hold up today. at least in my mind.

Eminem - kim

Outkast holds up the best I think from that era. Some of the old yeezy (808s defs)

Anything from dre 2001 (although that's 1999? right, so cheating)

Uhh, Ja Rule somehow holds up a bit

DMX

I still like the first D12 album, it's better than any Em album

Edit: thinking of early 00s rap just makes me think of that period when Afroman - because I got high was everywhere. Sad days brahs.

Outkast holds up the best I think from that era. Some of the old yeezy (808s defs)

DMX

Edit: thinking of early 00s rap just makes me think of that period when Afroman - because I got high was everywhere. Sad days brahs.

Dig the first D12 album myself.

On another note, Because I got High....they were playing that song the other day on campus....I remember looking at these people thinking how lame they were.

Anth0ny

Eminem - kim

party friendly lyrics for the whole family

DMX

Oh yeah, gotta check out some Outkast and Jeezy.

TI's King is still really good imo.

And TI!

Ja Rule definitely holds up, amazingly.

I'm gonna listen to some mid 2000s Rick Ross and Soulja Boy right now. surely crank that soulja boy is still a massive banger?

Dig the first D12 album myself.

On another note, Because I got High....they were playing that song the other day on campus....I remember looking at these people thinking how lame they were.

oh lord, because I got high... no comment.

I'm gonna listen to some mid 2000s Rick Ross and Soulja Boy right now. surely crank that soulja boy is still a massive banger?

Oh jesus, I grew up with Soulja Boy.......still the worst rapper of all time. My god. Shit is barely even music. Though even though I think Soulja is the worst rapper of all time, I think Laffy Taffy is worse than Crank that....probably the worst rap song I've ever heard, still.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

Jay Z - U Don't Know
Jim Jones - We Fly High
Clipse - Grindin
Juvenile - Slow Motion
DMX - Up in Here
DMX - Ruff Ryders Anthem
Khia - My Neck, My Back
Ja Rule - Always on Time
Kid Cudi - Day N Night

Dre and those DMX tracks are 90s tho

Cheddahz

Banned
Oh jesus, I grew up with Soulja Boy.......still the worst rapper of all time. My god. Shit is barely even music. Though even though I think Soulja is the worst rapper of all time, I think Laffy Taffy is worse than Crank that....probably the worst rap song I've ever heard, still.

soulja boy a legend around these parts

HiResDes

I was never a big fan of TI and I don't know what it is, but I'd always be like why am I bothering with this guy when I could be listening to Jeezy. Laffy Taffy was legendary in high school for making girls wanna twerk and since I have fond memories of my high school dances I don't think I could ever truly hate on it. It's also fucking hilarious. Soulja is a legend.

Anyway this shit is piff:

https://soundcloud.com/ykimykim/sets/theneonbloodredkrucifix
https://soundcloud.com/nessly/sets/still-finessin

PBY

Banned
This is super messy, not sure if it's just the audio quality and censoring, but I'm in off of the strength of Blessings alone. Didn't need either of these features, really. Sonically this project seems like it's going to be interesting.

Totally disagree, its def low quality, but I love this.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yeah on my 4th listen how do you not like this blessed music
I like it, sounds super ethereal and holy, just sounds a bit all over the place and I can barely make out what Chance is saying at times.

Then again I though that about OG Highlights at first and now that probably one of my favourite things to come out of TLOP.

studyguy

I just imagine Desiigner dabbing non-stop. Like he wakes up dab.
Eat and dab, shower and dab, drive and dab, he dabs so hard all the time for no reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom