• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARK322

Neo Member
Desiigner dabs as if he has no bodily control over his actions. He doesn't dab, dabs just happen to him. Like he's possessed by a trap demon or something.

Koozek

Desiigner dabs as if he has no bodily control over his actions. He doesn't dab, dabs just happen to him. Like he's possessed by a trap demon or something.

w3TSOMf.gif

Ninja Dom

so I'm in the middle of making a massive 2000s rap playlist right now

and I'm kinda AMAZED at how much shit doesn't hold up

like... I can't listen to 50 cent/anyone from g-unit anymore. at the very least, I'm not feeling him as a part of a 2016 playlist of 2000s bangers. same with ludacris. nelly's early stuff is still great... but even that stuff I don't feel like holds up today in a club setting. my childhood ; _ ;

here's some of the shit that still bangs:

J Kwon - Tipsy (will forever be a banger)
Jay Z - U Don't Know
Jim Jones - We Fly High
Dr. Dre feat. Eminem - Forgot About Dre
Jay Z - Public Service Announcement
Clipse - When the Last Time
Clipse - Grindin
Snoop Dogg - Drop it like it's Hot
Juvenile - Slow Motion
Dr. Dre - The Next Episode
Damian Marley - Welcome to Jamrock
DMX - Up in Here
DMX - Ruff Ryders Anthem
Khia - My Neck, My Back
Ja Rule - Always on Time
R Kelly - Ignition (Remix)
Lil Scrappy - Neva Eva (BANGERRRRRRRR)
Kid Cudi - Day N Night

Kanye holds up extremely well, I'm playing most of his hits from the 2000s no problem. Can't Tell Me Nothing is GOD TIER.

I've basically just been clicking through "best of 2000s" playlists on youtube and downloading anything that I think still sounds good. I'm looking for mainly mainstream stuff because that's what my crowds are into... basically just a nostalgia kick. so much god damn nostalgia... but also tons of stuff that doesn't really hold up today. at least in my mind.

if yall have any bangers from that decade that still sound good, post em here

You can't have a 2000's playlist without Dipset Byrdgang and Max B. I'm saying 2006/7. And then Max B's solo output around 2008/9 and his collars with French Montana!!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This sounds otherworldy. The first part of Ye's verse in the snippet is such a tease. I'm sure the full will be out in seconds.
Full song is on Apple Music if you go to Schoolboy Q's artist page

Song is flames

Anth0ny

usher - yeah was probably the song of the year when it came out

but that shit still gets played on top 40 radio that I hear at work every day. mainly music aimed at 50 year old moms, like adele, t swift, "why you gotta be so rude", call me maybe and bruno mars.

therefore I declare that yeah does NOT hold up in 2016 :(

Vorheez

So, was there any credit to that rumour about Drake dropping a second album titled From The 6? I know there was that one rumour about how he had like 3 albums worth of material, and then the sudden name change just before Views dropped, followed by his confirmation that more music was coming... I dunno

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So, was there any credit to that rumour about Drake dropping a second album titled From The 6? I know there was that one rumour about how he had like 3 albums worth of material, and then the sudden name change just before Views dropped, followed by his confirmation that more music was coming... I dunno
Well, with respect to the first rumour, it's pretty unlikely that any artist literally takes their "not good enough" songs and whips up a new album out of that stuff
unless you're T.I.
so I wouldn't put too much thought into that.

I think the more music is coming thing is interesting, but we barely get to hear Drake talk so who knows what to infer from that either. I doubt he'd do another Toronto-centric album considering the concept of Views is pretty comprehensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom