• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found my old Rise Robots Rise albums....

Interesting group.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXlbuaeJd7A

Anyway to further build upon my total noob state with Many rap albums....I've finally sunk into Slum Village's debut. Wondered at first why I didn't really like it, but I think it's Dilla's beats being Dilla, for me anyway. It seems like most of Dilla's beats, at first, sound a little dry and boring. But then they hit you all of the sudden....

EDIT: Case in point. Raise it Up. The first time I listened to it, I thought it was insanely boring. Now....it's sinking in quicker and quicker.

I hate this sound card I have though. Extremely weak and the volume is low.

Jay Sosa

Just discovered PND, anything similar? Already listened to Trapsoul but didn't like it too much. And some chick named Kaeluni or something that I didn't care for much either. Tory Lanez any good?

tia

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
If I'm honest with myself all of the religious overtones on the Chance album begin to grate on me by the end. I can handle it spurts but listening too closely makes me eventually cringe. Maybe I'm too much of heathen to really love the album despite really feeling tracks here and there. A lot of feels like a lesser retread of Ultralight Beam. I definitely wouldn't place it within my current top ten or believe it's the most consistent hip hop album of the year.

This is actually the reason why I haven't checked it out yet. I listened to one single and it was way too preachy for me. I know I shouldn't shun good music just because of religious overtones... but there's only so much a nonbeliever can take!

Nabs

Just discovered PND, anything similar? Already listened to Trapsoul but didn't like it too much. And some chick named Kaeluni or something that I didn't care for much either. Tory Lanez any good?

tia

Tory Lanez is not very good, but his beats are nice.

If I'm honest with myself all of the religious overtones on the Chance album begin to grate on me by the end. I can handle it spurts but listening too closely makes me eventually cringe. Maybe I'm too much of heathen to really love the album despite really feeling tracks here and there. A lot of feels like a lesser retread of Ultralight Beam. I definitely wouldn't place it within my current top ten or believe it's the most consistent hip hop album of the year.

I'm not a fan of Ultralight Beam at all, so the fact that Chance's project sounds influenced directly by that took me out of it immediately. There are a few tracks i can mess with but the rest is eeeehhhhhh

overcast

Pitchfork Coloring Book review (9.1).

Haven't listened to it yet.

o-TALK-TO-A-PLANT-facebook.jpg

chance 3 is bleh. i don't like this gospel vibe they got going on here.

where's that dude who wanted to go to a black church to feel the ultralight beams, he might love this tape.

Ninja Dom

Don't forget we got Havoc x Alchemist releasing this Friday.

Those grimy beats should wash away that sweet gospel taste from our mouths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom