• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiiiLife

skipped a couple tracks into yamborghini and top off the uzi tape. Prefer this to yachtys. Don't think that's sayin much tho. I liked yachty on chances tape.

FZZ

Banned
I really enjoyed Luv Is Rage, but Lil Boat is trying something new with Trap. Upbeat feel good trap with a lot of gloss, something I never thought I'd like. Uzi is just presenting different samples of sounds already out there and putting it into one solid project.

Yachty made a fucking song with a sample of SM64. Good Day is fucking amazing, and then goes into Up Next 2 which is great. Minnesota is like progressive Trap and Thug's last verse is great. Intro and We Did It are fantastic, I even liked Fucked Over.

Excited to see how his future projects pan out.

Extremely impressed by Colouring Book. Fantastic front to back. Might be the most consistent release I've heard all year, not a bad song on there. Best part is every feature is well used no matter how incompatible it may look on paper.

Am I the only n***a who still care about mixtapes

f584427b0d2f7e1c676d197ebb4ead72.320x240x100.gif

Gonna let this sit a bit more before I jump into the Post.

Agree with this other that All Night I enjoy every song on here. Kinda glad he went in a different direction Acid Rap was pretty fresh back when it came out but revisits for me don't hold up as well ( the ad libs and a lot of the content came off immature.)

Koozek

Last night they played One Dance in a club here, then when we were home again I looked it up on Spotify and saw this:
DSu8Pzp.png

189 million!? Did I miss something? Hotline Bling is at ~400 and the most played song on Spotify is at ~700. Didn't know it was such a hit already. Still surprised Controlla isn't bigger, though it would probably need a club edit with the drums coming in earlier.

Btw, in case you missed it, here's his SNL opening:

"Drake Sings "More Than A Meme" & Impersonates Rihanna! (SNL Skit)"

Ninja Dom

Last night they played One Dance in a club here, then when we were home again I looked it up on Spotify and saw this:
DSu8Pzp.png

189 million!? Did I miss something? Hotline Bling is at ~400 and the most played song on Spotify is at ~700. Didn't know it was such a hit already. Still surprised Controlla isn't bigger, though it would probably need a club edit with the drums coming in earlier.

Here in the UK, One Dance became the number one single in the mainstream official charts. And it's been in the charts for 6 weeks. One Dance is radio friendly (no swears) and is played on regular radio channels at least once an hour. Controlla isn't yet an official released single, it still just remains a track on Views.

Actually, Too Good (feat Rihanna) is the next single Drake has released off Views.

Syntsui

Here in the UK, One Dance became the number one single in the mainstream official charts. And it's been in the charts for 6 weeks. One Dance is radio friendly (no swears) and is played on regular radio channels at least once an hour. Controlla isn't yet an official released single, it still just remains a track on Views.

Actually, Too Good (feat Rihanna) is the next single Drake has released off Views.
Really surprised. That Rihanna song is their worst colab ever, I don't see anyone dancing to that.

Anth0ny

DSu8Pzp.png

It's #1 on Billboard right now. Just snatched Panda's spot.

it's the banger to end all bangers at the moment.

DSu8Pzp.png

It's 195 million today when I checked.

Its a ruthlessly efficient pop song. Less than 3 minutes, short verse into its catchy chorus, dancehall bridge last just long enough to pepper some variety in the song and you get to hear the chorus one last time. Over too soon, time to play it again, I need a one daaaaance, bottle of Hennessy in my haaaaaaand, etc

HiResDes

If I'm honest with myself all of the religious overtones on the Chance album begin to grate on me by the end. I can handle it spurts but listening too closely makes me eventually cringe. Maybe I'm too much of heathen to really love the album despite really feeling tracks here and there. A lot of feels like a lesser retread of Ultralight Beam. I definitely wouldn't place it within my current top ten or believe it's the most consistent hip hop album of the year.

It's bad. I did not enjoy my listen and I don't want to relisten. Angels is the best song in there but it's been out a while

ULB was cool but even Kanye knew not to stuff his album with so much of that sound.

Fjordson

If I'm honest with myself all of the religious overtones on the Chance album begin to grate on me by the end. I can handle it spurts but listening too closely makes me eventually cringe.
Yep. I'm a Chance fan, but the vibe on this is a little exhausting when listening to it front to back.

Dereck

My main issue is the subject matter. Chance has done some quirky verses of him just rapping about random shit, here's an example.

The new tape is good I just don't care about much of the stuff that happens on it

you remind when i was first going through a long stream of classic albums as a new listener 10 years ago, good times. hope you're having fun!

I've always loved rap but I've been mostly close minded for the longest time. There's no way I would be listening to Young Jeezy in my "REAL RAP" snob phase. This was mostly when I listened to ATCQ, Digable Planets, and little else. Didn't even bother with the stereotypical backpacker artists those days either. Thankfully, those days are over.

I listened to it, but I can't really get into it! I'm too distracted on other stuff that my brain won't let me focus on it!

Don't ask, LOL.

HiiiLife

It's bad. I did not enjoy my listen and I don't want to relisten. Angels is the best song in there but it's been out a while

ULB was cool but even Kanye knew not to stuff his album with so much of that sound.

Yep. Just can't get into it like I did acid rap. Was really hoping it'd be a shoe in for my personal top 5 so far but..nope.

New Timberlake song just dethroned One Dance in its debut week.

Panda still #1 on streaming charts, 4 weeks straight, incredible, what a time.

Timberlake tends to do that. 20/20 part 1 was solid. 2? Well. Eh.

FZZ

Banned
I honestly haven't even heard the JT song

what the fuck

White america takes an L

fake edit: Panda had a longer #1 streak than Drake got lmaoooooo

Syntsui

I honestly haven't even heard the JT song

what the fuck

White america takes an L

fake edit: Panda had a longer #1 streak than Drake got lmaoooooo

Literally zero competition for weeks, let's not go crazy here. Drake's been unlucky as hell with his singles in this regard. Everytime he gets a hit, someone magnitudes bigger than him gets one too.

FZZ

Banned
While true I don't think One Dance was ever gonna have legs, Panda already claimed #1 streaming and video is most likely gonna drop this week on YouTube. Panda will probably be in top 10 longer than One Dance, and has a decent chance of getting #1 again for streaming.

I really wanted Hotline Bling to be #1 because it honestly deserved it. Drake is one unlucky mofo. But 20% of the top 100 is a damn good accomplishment nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom