• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoodyFog

What's with this mysticism around Gucci's character? It seems he is shipped by all the rappers out there, some of them 10x more relevant than he ever was.

Now that he is out, everybody is sucking his dick and doing songs with him.

I'm curious to know who you think of when you say 10x more relevant than Gucci?

DominoKid

I've honestly always thought he was more of a joke rapper that people made fun of for his ice cone face tattoos and stuff, but I've never really followed his work. What's his best project?

Theres so much good material but for recent stuff go with Trap Back, Trap God, Trap God 2 and Im Up. That was Gucci going back to the drawing board and catching the new sound.

For some collabo tapes get Ferrari Boyz with Waka and Free Bricks with Future.

Then for a little older stuff get the Cold War tapes.

That should cover you for a while.

Ninja Dom

Might be a case of it being 2grime4me but i reckon it's a bit shit. Grabbed me for a few brief seconds but all in all i wouldn't recommend a single track on there lol.

So yeah, not for me.

You heard about this new Sonnyjim album? Comes out at the end of the month. Hearing great things about it and it's sounding good from the snippets.

Damn, I've not heard of Sonnyjim. I'll cheer him out now. Thanks. Will also pass on Bugzy.

Dereck

Drake needs to go sit down somewhere.

The majority of Views is forgettable. I feel like he has another hour or so of unreleased material that he wants to release soon.

rambis

Banned
I've honestly always thought he was more of a joke rapper that people made fun of for his ice cone face tattoos and stuff, but I've never really followed his work. What's his best project?
He's not the best rapper but joke? Being made fun of? Dude has a body and a rap sheet longer than alot of straight street guys. There's a very select few rappers that would even come close to saying anything to that guy.

Has gucci released a tape? Thought that cruel winter track was kinda disappointing tbh but I'm so in for some more music from the trap God

Dude has been releasing tapes from jail the whole time he was locked up. Like literally recording tracks on the cell phones and releasing them lol.

Syntsui

I'm curious to know who you think of when you say 10x more relevant than Gucci?
Can I start with Drake and Kanye? I was talking about numbers alone when I made that comment, not overall influence.

In that case it seems we wouldn't have the kind of music we have today without him. I will check his stuff you guys recommended.

rambis

Banned
Can I start with Drake and Kanye? I was talking about numbers alone when I made that comment, not overall influence.

In that case it seems we wouldn't have the kind of music we have today without him. I will check his stuff you guys recommended.
While I think this is true, I think it'd be kind of hard to judge this now. Back when he was in his prime, him doing tapes and working with unknowns like Future and Migos or Two chains had gravity and elevated them up into the South's air waves. Look at Mike Wills rise or people like Zaytoven and Drumma boy. It all started with people like Gucci.

Basically the curve goes from
ATL > the rest of the South > to the rest of the industry. It used to start in ATL with Gucci .

Bumping Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five's Freedom right now.

Oh, I'm curious y'all. We all joined for video games here, so what is everybody's favorite video games?

Mine:
BioShock series
System Shock 2
Half-Life Series
The Last of Us
Uncharted 2/3/4 (hated the first game in the series)
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tooie
Shadow of the Colossus
Dead Space 1 and 2.
Deus Ex
Planescape Torment
Portal series
Okami
Grim Fandango
Conker's Bad Fur Day

Koozek

Top 3:

Final Fantasy VII
Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Metal Gear Solid

Some other all-time faves I remember right now:

Suikoden II
Secret of Mana
Chrono Cross
Shadow Hearts: Covenant
Baten Kaitos Origins
Deadly Premonition
Shadow of the Colossus
The Witcher 3
Uncharted 2
Super Mario 64
Banjo-Kazooie
Monkey Island 3
Resident Evil 2
Silent Hill 2
Donkey Kong Country 2

Top 3:

Final Fantasy VII
Metal Gear Solid

Some other all-time faves I remember right now:

Suikoden II
Secret of Mana
Chrono Cross
Shadow Hearts: Covenant
Baten Kaitos Origins
Deadly Premonition
Shadow of the Colossus
The Witcher 3
Uncharted 2
Super Mario 64
Banjo-Kazooie
Monkey Island 3
Resident Evil 2
Silent Hill 2
Donkey Kong Country 2

Good list! I forgot Silent Hill 2 and 3....derp.

I've never been a MGS fan, though. MGS4 is a great cure for insomnia.

Ninja Dom

This gen:

Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Bayonetta 2

I only play Nintendo games. And Ninja Gaiden games.

Are any of you guys buying any of the new Vans X Nintendo range of sneakers, bags or clothes?

Cheddahz

Banned
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner
Catherine
Final Fantasy X
Rez
PaRappa The Rapper
Bushido Blade
Final Fantasy Tactics
Animal Crossing

Reckoner

This gen:

Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Bayonetta 2

I only play Nintendo games. And Ninja Gaiden games.

Are any of you guys buying any of the new Vans X Nintendo range of sneakers, bags or clothes?

I ordered the Old Skool ones. They look cool and are casual and discrete enough for everyday use.

Fjordson

Oh, I'm curious y'all. We all joined for video games here, so what is everybody's favorite video games?
Fallout 2
MGS or MGS 2
Vice City
World of Warcraft
Red Dead Redemption
Counter-Strike
Halo: CE
Final Fantasy VI
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

Gotta say I've fallen out of gaming a little bit the last few years tbh. Not that I don't still play a decent amount of stuff, but games that just capture all my attention for weeks or even months on end feel rarer than they used to.

HiResDes

Grandia 2
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
Shenmue 2
Street Fighter 2: Hyper
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Resident Evil 4
Tekken 3
Chronicles of Riddick
Conkurs Bad Fur Day
Vampire: The Masquerade
Max Payne 2

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hot takes:

Q/Ye video is great.

Gangster Shit is great, but we already knew that.

Waka Flocka Flame - Hype (Remix). Flocka spitting fire on a level he has never before TBH. Did this beat justice in a way that Drake definitely didn't.

Pick Up The Phone is straight. Thug especially kills it.

Champions is fire. It's got the same MBDTF-to-WTT era swag that made everything on Cruel Summer so fun and relistenable. Could have done without that Sean verse though.

For Free is not what you'd expect, but I like it. Beat is funky, and thank god something good came out of the abortion that is Kendrick's For Free. Song isn't going to do shit though, I think. It's not on par.

Birdman - Still Hot. This is decent, but I'm not tryna hear Birdman right now.

Wicked video makes the song better.

Fetty Wap ft. Snoop Dogg - West Side. Jesus who is going to stop this man. Fetty season never ending.

DMX ft. Styles P - Still Scratching. Beat, and verses as a result just feel dated.

4PM in Calabasas is a worthy entry into the series. Why is Drake's rapping on Views so mediocre and this shit is so fire? I don't even feel like it's worth it.

For someone who's the GOAT of flooding the streets with mediocre shit, Back on Road is fire and between that and Champions, Gucci is doing his thing after getting free.

I like the One Dance Remix. That is all. Buggati Biebz has a fairly impeccable record on hip hop joints TBH.

Nothing Is Promised is okay, way more impressed with Mike Will than what Rihanna brought to it.

what's this I'm reading about Rick Ross writing for Jay-Z??
Pretty much everyone that talks about Ross' early career hints at it without saying it outright, especially referencing him working with Jay early.

PGR2
MvC2
Halo 3

GOATs of their respective genres.

Hot takes:

Q/Ye video is great.

Gangster Shit is great, but we already knew that.

Waka Flocka Flame - Hype (Remix). Flocka spitting fire on a level he has never before TBH. Did this beat justice in a way that Drake definitely didn't.

Pick Up The Phone is straight. Thug especially kills it.

Champions is fire. It's got the same MBDTF-to-WTT era swag that made everything on Cruel Summer so fun and relistenable. Could have done without that Sean verse though.

For Free is not what you'd expect, but I like it. Beat is funky, and thank god something good came out of the abortion that is Kendrick's For Free. Song isn't going to do shit though, I think. It's not on par.

Birdman - Still Hot. This is decent, but I'm not tryna hear Birdman right now.

Wicked video makes the song better.

Fetty Wap ft. Snoop Dogg - West Side. Jesus who is going to stop this man. Fetty season never ending.

DMX ft. Styles P - Still Scratching. Beat, and verses as a result just feel dated.

4PM in Calabasas is a worthy entry into the series. Why is Drake's rapping on Views so mediocre and this shit is so fire? I don't even feel like it's worth it.

For someone who's the GOAT of flooding the streets with mediocre shit, Back on Road is fire and between that and Champions, Gucci is doing his thing after getting free.

I like the One Dance Remix. That is all. Buggati Biebz has a fairly impeccable record on hip hop joints TBH.

Nothing Is Promised is okay, way more impressed with Mike Will than what Rihanna brought to it.

Pretty much everyone that talks about Ross' early career hints at it without saying it outright, especially referencing him working with Jay early.

PGR2
MvC2
Halo 3

GOATs of their respective genres.

dmx and styles track is fiyah. styles p is consistent.

HiResDes

I sucked at MvC2 so bad except my cable, but everyone had a good cable, anyway without a doubt it's the most hype game to watch live and probably the most fun to play once you good. I just never was able to learn the cheap stuff like loops or unblockable setups

TheRadNadz

Neo Member
Bumping Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five's Freedom right now.

Bioshock 1 & Infinite
Alien Isolation
Final Fantasy 8
Final Fantasy Crisis Core
Outlast: Whistleblower
Sleeping Dogs
Witcher 3

These are probably the games I've spent the most amount of time on in my life.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I sucked at MvC2 so bad except my cable, but everyone had a good cable, anyway without a doubt it's the most hype game to watch live and probably the most fun to play once you good. I just never was able to learn the cheap stuff like loops or unblockable setups
The skill ceiling is way too high. At the highest level those people are borderline inhuman doing Sentinel cancels and shit.

And yeah, I had a good Cable too, but couldn't consistently tiger knee AHVBs lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
BLACK X6

VXbiBdv.jpg

PHANTOM

DominoKid

it's already popular man. seen it on snaps all weekend. just a matter of if they actually send it to radio. and even if they don't radio will still play the shit out of it.

Resident Evil 4
Chronicles of Riddick
Max Payne 2

Bruh yes. Hell yes. These are still the bar I measure these genres against to this day.

Also:

MGS1 + MGS3
F.E.A.R.
Wolfenstein: The New Order
Half Life 2 + Episode 1 + Episode 2
Bully
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Tomb Raider Anniversary
Beyond Good & Evil
Sleeping Dogs
Bayonetta + Bayonetta 2
Okami
The Wonderful 101
Uncharted 2
SSX Tricky
Rocket League
Streets of Rage 2 (alternatively, the Streets of Rage Remake fan game which is the best unofficial sequel to anything EVER)
Sonic 2 + Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Shadow of The Colossus
Burnout 2 + 3 + Paradise
Super Mario World

Never been big into RPGs/strategy games, most of Rockstar's games don't hold up for me, The Witcher 3 will be on here eventually whenever I actually finish the game.

illadelph

Gonna try and make a top 10 real quick

1. Super Mario World
2. Super Mario 64
3. Pokemon R/B/Y
4. Goldeneye 007
5. Super Mario RPG
6. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
7. Mass Effect
8. Punch-Out!!
9. Metal Gear Solid
10. Star Fox 64

Bruh yes. Hell yes. These are still the bar I measure these genres against to this day.

Also:

MGS1 + MGS3
F.E.A.R.
Wolfenstein: The New Order
Half Life 2 + Episode 1 + Episode 2
Bully
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Tomb Raider Anniversary
Beyond Good & Evil
Sleeping Dogs
Bayonetta + Bayonetta 2
Okami
The Wonderful 101
Uncharted 2
SSX Tricky
Rocket League
Streets of Rage 2 (alternatively, the Streets of Rage Remake fan game which is the best unofficial sequel to anything EVER)
Sonic 2 + Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Shadow of The Colossus
Burnout 2 + 3 + Paradise
Super Mario World

Never been big into RPGs/strategy games, most of Rockstar's games don't hold up for me, The Witcher 3 will be on here eventually whenever I actually finish the game.

God damn. I knew I was missing something without beyond good, FEAR and Max Payne 2.

Btw you play the new Doom? I think it just replaced wolfenstein for me dude. This game is fast and super hectic. Music is A1 too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom