• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewFresh

Also did someone post Clppng's latest? Dude won a tony lol

a1293675512_10.jpg

http://clppng.bandcamp.com/album/wriggle

Been listening to the album on repeat at work the last two days. When wriggle goes....it goes.

What the hell happened to the Black Eyed Peas, anyway? I never payed attention to them, like listened to their music, but they were EVERYWHERE earlier in the decade. Did they fall off the face of the Earth or something?

IrishNinja

yes, and we were all better for it

does anyone think this isn't a great verse?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjSEq3u8Dqg

it's not bad, but it interrupts 2 better pac verses, and on an album featuring nate, snoop, redman, meth, e40, george clinton, 4tay, dre, kurupt, daz & co...it's not adding anything, and certainly does nothing to the narrative that if pac would've left his weed carriers off this album, it'd been stronger for it

illadelph

A lot of Pac's shit is weighed down by shitty guest appearances.

I liked the crew he had on the Thug Life album, though. I thought Stretch was great...RIP to both.

This is the hip-hop thread

Black Eyed Peas aren't considered Hip-Hop? I actually went back and listened to their music, and yeah, they were definitely a rap group, albeit a group with heavy R@B influence later in their career. But rap being blended with other genres is hardly unheard of.

Ninja Dom

Another brand new The Game album has popped up on Apple Music. Streets of Compton, released by Ca$h Machine Records. Can't be official can it?

dedhead54

I had no idea Still Brazy was dropping today (tomorrow really I guess). I loved My Krazy Life and this shit is just as good so far, potential to be better after a few more listens.

OG Kush

Donae'o – “Mami No Like” (Official Video)

2k16 dont listen to rap anymore flick your wrists instead.

what you know bout UK Funky?

Anyone just watch the Red Bull Culture Clash?! Man that was GASSED as hell. Wish I went this year. Taylor Gang actually went in, never knew the Americans would bring it this year after the shitshow ASAP mob were last year. They actually had sick dubplates and hearing Taylor Gang over UK grime was cool.

Shame though that they were never going to win a round as they were American.

Q snippet
https://twitter.com/dangerookipawaa/status/743948322759540736

oh man that sounds better than both singles by a long shot

Man, I love this....I'm officially going to add this one on my must check out list. The two songs revealed so far are excellent, too.

The production though.....that's the most impressive thing about the song. It has a huge boom bap sound to it, and the music behind the beat is dark and gritty. I'll be putting his new album on my Wishlist to check out.

illadelph

listened to the Rittz album; it's kinda good, but as others said, way too fucking long. Dude uses the same flow throughout the 24-track album

highlights were actually every single track that had features on it (there's four I think), just for the sake of fucking variety

Anybody here go to Hip Hop concerts regularly? I've noticed that the Metal thread has tons of folks going to concerts, but it never occurred to me if rap fans really go to concerts regularly as a head.

Ninja Dom

Anybody here go to Hip Hop concerts regularly? I've noticed that the Metal thread has tons of folks going to concerts, but it never occurred to me if rap fans really go to concerts regularly as a head.

There are very few Hip Hop concerts here in London. There used to be plenty in the 80's and early to mid 90's but they were always accompanied by lots of trouble. Places then stopped having Hip Hop concerts. The biggest Hip Hop concert I think recently was Eminem in 2013 at Wembley Stadium.

There are a lot of rap acts that play in the different Summer Festivals around the UK in June/July/August but I never ever go to those.

IrishNinja

last year, i saw Redman, Bronson, Ghost, DOOM (kinda) and RTJ...this year, not as much

missed Gibbs earlier this year, might catch a cheap Naughty by Nature show this fall. Meth & Red are coming back to III Points in midtown with Thievery Corporation, so i'll prolly go to that....oh yeah, bought tickets on the cheap to Prophets of Rage later on too

i don't go to a ton of shows, but a few a year, yeah

Ninja Dom

Are Naughty By Nature still around? New material?

Treach used to be one of the best lyricists in the business in the early/mid 90's. Can he still rhyme?

IrishNinja

no idea on any count! i just know it's at (i think) a small venue in the fall, and i'm interested

not gonna lie, with all the entertainers dying lately, i'm taking any chance i get to see classic acts ive missed...part of me is still salty with my mom for not letting me see a biggie show in '95 out here:

"you've got school & work to do, you can see him next time"
sadcam.png

not gonna lie, with all the entertainers dying lately, i'm taking any chance i get to see classic acts ive missed...part of me is still salty with my mom for not letting me see a biggie show in '95 out here:

"you've got school & work to do, you can see him next time"
sadcam.png

Oh man.....I never had this happen to me, but I have a buddy of mine who missed seeing The dead when Jerry was alive. He died soon after his last chance was missed.

There are very few Hip Hop concerts here in London. There used to be plenty in the 80's and early to mid 90's but they were always accompanied by lots of trouble. Places then stopped having Hip Hop concerts. The biggest Hip Hop concert I think recently was Eminem in 2013 at Wembley Stadium.

There are a lot of rap acts that play in the different Summer Festivals around the UK in June/July/August but I never ever go to those.

Isn't Grime pretty much the rap equivalent in U.K. It's always intrigued me as a rap fan.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Lil Boat is good as background music (which I maintain, is not a compliment really, especially because..) but as soon as you start paying attention to it, it's grating and wow how fast can I stop listening to this.

Dude has all the randomness of a Lil B with none of the charm or charisma. All of the crooning and style-jacking of every other autotuned ATL artist but none of the identity or style or songwriting ability.

HiiiLife

Saw YG Gates Fetty E40 and Fab a couple weeks ago. Not rap but Tinashe and Tiller a bit ago as well. Just waiting on Drake in a couple months. Id go more often I just don't actively follow twitter or their social media accounts to see tour dates. The shows I've been to, or plan on seeing I just happened to get told about, or a link popped on from somebody's fb

Saw YG Gates Fetty E40 and Fab a couple weeks ago. Not rap but Tinashe and Tiller a bit ago as well. Just waiting on Drake in a couple months. Id go more often I just don't actively follow twitter or their social media accounts to see tour dates. The shows I've been to, or plan on seeing I just happened to get told about, or a link popped on from somebody's fb

Tiller is probably trash live, but I bet the crowd is sexy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom