• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koozek

Wow, Lupe Fiasco's first album is terrific.

Yup, one of my all-time faves that I go back to every now and then, like Common's Be. I can see how it could be considered corny listening to it now, but I have so many good memories of it from my youth. The production is so smooth.

EDIT: The Instrumtal is an insta-skip, though.
EDIT2: Okay, I remembered right, that was the Mike Shinoda-produced one.

Ninja Dom

You mean finally a rapper with some dope vocal melodies and flows in a banger of a track.

79THKWt.gif

93447-Key-and-Peele-OH-SHIT-gif-sung-Ao5j.gif

I believe it. Just isn't the type to make up petty shit, and he's def hinted at writing famous people's verses before. I think it was on Sway where he was like, I wrote some of your favourite verses and UEONO.

yup i believe him too. Just Blaze is that dude.

Courage

Gibbs has that commanding presence and smooth flow that captivates you throughout the song. Plus his lyrics don't make you cringe.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Not as good as the og brehs.
Yeah, delivery kind of sucks the energy/fun out of it, Gibb's curse as an MC. Flow wasn't that great either. Plus nothing touching that Ye verse:

God damn, got a bald fade, I might slam
Pink fur, got Nori dressing like Cam!
Thank God for me!
Whole family gettin' money, thank God for E!

kendrick_alright_1.gif.CROP.original-original.gif

PBY

Banned
Yeah, delivery kind of sucks the energy/fun out of it, Gibb's curse as an MC. Flow wasn't that great either. Plus nothing touching that Ye verse:

God damn, got a bald fade, I might slam
Pink fur, got Nori dressing like Cam!
Thank God for me!
Whole family gettin' money, thank God for E!

kendrick_alright_1.gif.CROP.original-original.gif

I FEEL LIKE PABLO

Nibel

I know I give Ye a lot of shit but dude might have the GOAT delivery since it perfectly fits his image

I like both versions

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
To be fair, the first half of Ye's verse is like that too.

The other day I mentioned in the Ye thread Gibbs or Cam or Lupe or someone would great on the track if they could cut Ye's verse down. But if this is the energy Gibbs brings to it then it's probably best as freestyle/remix.

Man I'm not feeling that Rihanna/Drake track. Feels phoned in by both of them.

Not offensive, or even bad.
Cosigned, to an extent. I'm indifferent, but the fact that it isn't a winner out of the gate kind of makes it disappointing. Maybe it will grow, I think the hook works
pun intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom