• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Shoud I check out Days before Rodeo and Owl Pharaoh if I really liked Rodeo?

Dereck

I don't get Kevin Hart. Kinda reminds me of a black Dane Cook.
I'm not saying you're right or I agree with you, but you're onto something.

I think Kevin Hart is funny sometimes, but what he lacks I think is any kind of potency. The potency that many great comedians have when it comes down to the social commentary of our society.

Kevin Hart just does his storytelling thing.

Dereck

are you white

Kevin Hart's standup sucks.

Savage.

He could've said Key and Peele though...
7IyYUWA.gif

People go super hard on Kevin Hart but I don't have a problem with him. His storytelling is pretty good and he's funny more for the way he says things than what he's saying. Very little substance but as junk food comedy goes, you could do a lot worse.

Plus I thought him and The Rock did a good job in Central Intelligence tbh.

Syntsui

People go super hard on Kevin Hart but I don't have a problem with him. His storytelling is pretty good and he's funny more for the way he says things than what he's saying. Very little substance but as junk food comedy goes, you could do a lot worse.

Are you saying he is the Thugga of comedians?

I'm listening to O.C. World....Life right now.

This seems to be an underrated gem of an album. It's got a mix of Boom Bap bass, but a very jazzy sensibility. I dig it. A lot.

Fjordson

I'm listening to O.C. World....Life right now.

This seems to be an underrated gem of an album. It's got a mix of Boom Bap bass, but a very jazzy sensibility. I dig it. A lot.
Personal classic.

His movies are shit, but some of his standup is actually pretty funny.

He also used to be funny at all-star weekend, though the NBA's starting to milk that a bit too much.

HiResDes

Only worthwhile Martin Lawrence movies:

Life
Blue Streak
Bad Boys 1

Black Knight makes me laugh a little, but it also makes me cringe

Only worthwhile Martin Lawrence movies:

Life
Blue Streak
Bad Boys 1

Black Knight makes me laugh a little, but it also makes me cringe

+1 to all of this.

But I do have a special place in my heart for the incredible excess that is Bad Boys 2, and how Martin and Will play total assholes in that movie.

His TV show is still absolutely classic though. I can still watch 95% of it and laugh. Doesn't fall off until the very end when Martin and Gina weren't on screen together anyone

HiResDes

Not even close to mine really:

1. Illadelph Halflife
2. Things Fall Apart
3. Game Theory
4. Do You Want More

Whatever on the rest don't really care

okay how many of you are degenerate Warriors fans?

Lakers fan, so no. I think he honestly should have stayed put in OKC, would have been best for him. I don't know.....I think the lineup will somehow be deterred by his presence...I have a bad feeling about this.

Do you know The Roots' Do You Want More?!!!??!, btw? One of my absolute faves. Gonna bump it again after this O.C., been a while. Had a huge impact on me as a kid.

https://play.spotify.com/album/3N0wHnD5Rd8jnTUvNqOXGz

While we're at it. Let's rank Roots albums, brehs.

Do You Want More?!!!??! > Things Fall Apart > The Tipping Point > Illadelph Halflife > Game Theory > Phrenology > the rest

Eh.....sort of. I know it's considered a classic, but I've listened to it a couple times but usually flicked it off. Black Thought is one of my favorite MCs ever. Maybe I'll listen to it again sometime down the road, but I haven't even heard Game Theory yet and I'll listen to that album down the line first.

Halflife and Things Fall Apart are both brilliant, though.

HiResDes

Man this guy Mike Zombie must have also been on the ghostwriting team, his flow is eerily reminiscent of Drake especially from the IYRTITS era. Tape not bad at all, has real highs and lows, but very accessible.

Game Theory was the last time The Roots did anything interesting instrumentally. I like undun but overall it feels kind of safe outside of the concept.

It's a shame. I may not like Kendrick but instrumentally TPAB is brilliant. That's the type of stuff I'd love to hear Black Thought rap on. Or Thugger.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Bad Boys 2 is a certified classic film. So many great quotables and exchanges. Reggie bit alone puts it up there.

Also this new Roy Woods is good. Half of it is decent, the other half is good and I feel will only get better in time.

Illadelph, Things Fall Apart and Game Theory are all on the same level to me, maybe Game Theory shades it given A Clock With No Hands is one of my favourite tracks ever.

Then it'd be How I Got Over or Rising Down, then the rest.

Koozek

Illadelph, Things Fall Apart and Game Theory are all on the same level to me, maybe Game Theory shades it given A Clock With No Hands is one of my favourite tracks ever.

Then it'd be How I Got Over or Rising Down, then the rest.

Wooord. Loved the album. I was listening to it all day while I was playing Dragon Quest VIII back in the days, good times...

FZZ

Banned
Can someone ELI5 this Kobe Durant/Warrior thing for a German who knows nothing about basketball?

Ye for sure, someone else can probably explain it better but I'll try.

So Kevin Durant is like a top 3 player in the world that was on Thunder, a team that was one game away from making the Finals this year. The team is already really good and was up 3-1 against Warriors (the team that just broke the NBA record for best regular season with 73 wins and only 9 losses)

The Warriors rallied back and beat the Thunder in the end. Kevin Durant then became a free agent this summer

And today he decided to go to the very same team he was up 3-1 against, and lost to. A team that was already a championship caliber team. It's basically a superteam now.

Lakers fan, so no. I think he honestly should have stayed put in OKC, would have been best for him. I don't know.....I think the lineup will somehow be deterred by his presence...I have a bad feeling about this.

Hmm we'll see, and yeah being a Lakers fan rn sucks

I have faith in Russel, Ingram, and Randle tho

Koozek

Ye for sure, someone else can probably explain it better but I'll try.

So Kevin Durant is like a top 3 player in the world that was on Thunder, a team that was one game away from making the Finals this year. The team is already really good and was up 3-1 against Warriors (the team that just broke the NBA record for best regular season with 73 wins and only 9 losses)

The Warriors rallied back and beat the Thunder in the end. Kevin Durant then became a free agent this summer

And today he decided to go to the very same team he was up 3-1 against, and lost to. A team that was already a championship caliber team. It's basically a superteam now.
Ahh, got it. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom