• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This article is about a month old, but it changes my perspective a bit about Epic not bailing out Shmurda. I wouldn't bail dude out afterwards either.

Another surprising revelation is the lengths Epic Records apparently went to try and get Shmurda away from street life. They rented an apartment in Fort Lauderdale, Florida for him and tried to force him to work from Los Angeles. Nonetheless, the rapper always seemed to end up back in the Brownsville section of Brooklyn where he grew up. "I think a lot of those kids were forced to be gangbangers. 'Forced' as in: You're a Crip, or you're against us," said Christopher Wilson, part of Shmurda's management team.

Epic eventually sent a Wilson affiliate named Ball Reckless to try and "extract" Shmurda from New York in September 2014. He says he was stunned when he tracked him down at a hotel in Times Square. "It was like he was kidnapped by Crips. Blue shit everywhere. And everybody was looking at me like: Who the fuck is you?" Ball said. "Don't get me wrong: It looked like that to me. I mean, that was his squad. But it was a whole bunch of new dudes. People I'd never seen." He also recalled that Shmurda was extremely sick and "coughing up green shit."

Ball failed to get Shmurda to leave with him, and the rapper ended up getting arrested a few months later."

HiResDes

Shouldn't be long now until Schoolboy Q's album can be heard. Hopefully it has a decent amount of songs like Groovy Tony and not like That Part. But i'm sure it will be a mix of both.
They both aight to me, it's gonna be great we've already heard material from like four or five tracks total including snippets and none have been bad.

Tokubetsu

Young Thug - "There's No Such Thing As A Gender"

first pansexual rapper breaking down barriers

35IBZG5.gif

overcast

Yeah I don't know who else was on that curry track but he did great.

Crazy that it seems like this Q album won't even leak. Probably no 1st week physical copies. Feeling skeptical because of the last let down. But I've enjoyed every snippet and every song released thus far

Crazy that it seems like this Q album won't even leak. Probably no 1st week physical copies. Feeling skeptical because of the last let down. But I've enjoyed every snippet and every song released thus far

Nah there are physical copies. It'll leak tomorrow since it releases in New Zealand first.

HiResDes

I'm over Currys flow right now needs a switch up, breh be saying a whole lot of nothing and cringe when I actually pick out the lyrics.

Eos

freestyle was okay i guess but it looked like they had fun doing it
Joe Budden - Wake

okay this kinda heat but Drake not gonna respond tho lmao

""No really, we want a Party album
But you keep stealing all of Party's album
To go and put it on your party album''

sowP6Tf.gif

Say he Canadian, maybe Asian, Croatian
Be sounding like his Jamaican friends, depend on what state he in
I think you rap good, but you a movie star
So that owl's appropriate, we don't know who you are
damn LOL
drake has to respond after this
Denzel Curry - ULTRA (fire).

Album. Two singles. Groovy Tony was fantastic, and That Part was solid/catchy. Snippets sound real promising.
this is dope. anyone know who the feature is?

Dereck

TDE got the anti-leak technology on lock.

I'm over Currys flow right now needs a switch up, breh be saying a whole lot of nothing and cringe when I actually pick out the lyrics.
sowP6Tf.gif

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I still like the Curry flow but he does owe a lot to the producers he normally works with. Some generic cypher beat isn't gonna elevate him at all.

Yeah. Album is called Blank Face.

The first single is called That Part featuring Kanye West and is already available.

Black Face comes out on iTunes this Friday.

Denzel Curry - ULTRA (fire).

Album. Two singles. Groovy Tony was fantastic, and That Part was solid/catchy. Snippets sound real promising.
Huh I listened to That Part and never thought it was an album track. I was meh on it tbh.

I'll still be there to shell out for a Q album

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom