• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

Any recommendations?

Was just feeling nostalgic listening to some Prophet Posse/Koopsta Knicca the other night. And Graveyard Soldjas, but can't find a good quality version of their album.

Sorry been working 12 hours shifts the past two days.
Radical $uicide

Eden Ivy - Storm

Devilish Trio

Ghostmane - Blackmage

DJ Smokey - Codeine Demonz Vol. 2

Westside Gunn - Pissy Work (Feat. Benny)

giphy.gif

lmaooooooo, a few Drake stans were harassing Joe Budden on his block so Joe chased them down IN A CAR, cornered them, and threatened to kill them if they come back as they desperately tried to apologize

bahaahahahah what is even happening

https://twitter.com/PhillyCustoms/status/757396766744608770?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=283&v=vQntjZE_VeQ

Drake is chilling in his cocoa butter mansion laughing while Joe's literally fighting off the charmin soldiers at his doorstep. This is tooo much.

Lmaoooo this is too much

Vorheez

I love Buddha. I'm reading about Buddhism right now, actually. I think I might convert. It has been helping me to move on and let go of a lot of pain.

HiiiLife

Okay gibberish might've been an overstatement. But compare the Holy Key and That Part verses to, say, the cornrow Kenny verse on Untitled 2, or the
GOAT-level
verses on Cartoon & Cereal. The latter two are extremely technical, but KDot still sacrifices some density in terms of the sheer number of rhymes in favor of bars that are actually memorable. Holy Key and That Part just sort of go by in a blur of internal rhymes. Again, I like technical, lyrical verses, but there's also a point where that kinda shit is just out-of-place and reaching too far. I'd say his two most recent verses are better than latter day Eminem and Tech N9ne bullshit easily, but that still doesn't mean they're enjoyable.

Agreed. Both his verses on Holy and That Part did nothing for me. Bring back C&C Kenny.

I thought this M City Jr track was Rae Sremm for the longest.

Vorheez

Zen or Mahayana?
Ummm, it's all very new to me, but I think I'm leaning more towards Tibetan? I'm not entirely sure. I'm starting with The Wise Heart by Jack Kornfield and skimming over some other texts on the internet. I'm looking to Buddhism as a way of life, not as a religion. I know that the schools of Buddhism vary quite a bit in their beliefs, but I'm not interested in the ones that believe there is a higher power or that Buddha was a deity. Buddha was only a man, and that's what makes what he did and his teachings so beautiful.

HiResDes

Ok awesome! Do you identify as a Buddhist Des? Or is it just something you've looked into?
Was very into it at one time, my senior thesis paper was based around a comparison of Walt Whitman's Leaves of Grass and ancient Buddhist text. I'm more of an all out atheist now though. It's a beautiful religion aside from the misogyny that plagues all major religions.

Koozek

Alright, Still Brazy is one of my favorite rap albums of this year.

Yeah, surprisingly I'm really enjoying it. It's a very easy listen, fun production. I somehow had this preconception of YG being Pop-Rap garbage like Tyga and I don't know where it came from (maybe he improved since then?). I even convinced a friend of mine who at first said that YG is wack to give the album a second listen and now he likes it, too. Oh, and I only now realized that My N***a was by him, lol. Was jamming a lot to one of its remixes years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom