• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacon

Another cosign for this Kemba X album. First time I've listened to one of his projects and I like it a lot. Feels like Chicago, Kendrick, Isaiah Rashad, and a bit of old school slick talk Ludacris were thrown into a blender. Great production.

wtf @ July brehs

ScHoolboy Q - Blank Face LP
Warm Brew - Diagnosis EP
BONES - PaidProgramming2
Gensu Dean & Denmark Vessey - Whole Food
Polyester The Saint - American Muscle
Kemba X - Talk Back

Thanks for pushing this kembe x tape, it's excellent. I know I don't post here a lot but my tastes align really close to yours so I always check out whatever you're repping. Good looks dude.

Kemba X is allegedly the second TDE signing for this year right? I've liked everything he's dropped in the last two years, I'll check out his tape tonight.

That Gensu Dean record is great. Some weird, atypical flows / beats that hit really well.

Demark Vessey's flow is what stood out to me most when I heard 'Don't Drink The Kool Aid' 2 years ago. He's a little unassuming at first, but he has a lot of strange inflections. The album almost feels like a companion piece to Blank Face. A little more weird and funky, but still.

Koozek

What about College Dropout's skits, though?

Listening to Sufjan Stevens - Carrie & Lowell for the first time. Beautiful stuff
BcpKZjv.png

i don't know anything resembling gothic but in terms of horrorcore:

600x600.jpg

I knew this was an album from the South, just by the cover art, LOL. It looks pretty nice but I'm wondering why more rappers haven't really taken inspiration from Old Gothic Horror. Maybe I've been listening to too much Black Metal lately.

Gravediggaz - 6 Feet Deep

Good one.

Toku is my fav

Googled Toku and received nothing.

Not to bombard this thread with lists, but I still am trying to make some sort of personal ranking for favorite verses, tried to get ambitious with 100 of my favorites. Damn, it's tough to do so. I only got like halfway done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom