• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.php

God damn it, lol.

Seems pretty interesting, will listen.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The Game and 50 Cent squashed their beef yesterday in a club. Video inside.

Action Bronson, Mark Ronson & Dan Auerbach - Standing in the Rain off of the Suicide Squad soundtrack. Radio rip slash interview.

Dec 99th (Yasiin Bey/Mos Def & Ferrari Sheppard - Hymn. Can't believe Tidal is paying for washed up Mos Def exclusives. Gotta have the worst RoI in the world lol

PARTYNEXTDOOR ft. Quavo - Cuffed Up. Radio rip.

PARTYNEXTDOOR ft. Lil Yachty - Buzzin'. Radio rip.

Kanye calls into Annie Mac on BBC Radio 1. Ye on that Lexapro rn
- Talks about why he made Fade, similar feelings about making Power
- Pablo as a living piece of music, Yeezus being the "open casket" for the CD
- Talks about changes in how people listen to music today, what listeners care about, how that changes his music (also how he was able to make and drop the Famous video without people knowing)
- Talks calling the CEO of Payless Shoes, how he's going to Adidas telling them he wants a $30 shoe
- Talks being in a social prison/stigmatized for the Taylor Swift thing
- Wants to make content moving forwards, limit the amount of approval he needs from external bodies to produce things
- How dope Disney is as a director
- [inaudible stream of consciousness]
- Runaway inspiring new filmmakers
- Being numb to feelings, police shootings, etc.
- Being broke while almost being signed to R. Kelly
- "I love Justin [Vernon] the way Kanye likes Kanye;" says Justin Vernon is his favourite living artist.

Koozek

Kanye calls into Annie Mac on BBC Radio 1. Ye on that Lexapro rn
- Talks about why he made Fade, similar feelings about making Power
- Pablo as a living piece of music, Yeezus being the "open casket" for the CD
- Talks about changes in how people listen to music today, what listeners care about, how that changes his music (also how he was able to make and drop the Famous video without people knowing)
- Talks calling the CEO of Payless Shoes, how he's going to Adidas telling them he wants a $30 shoe
- Talks being in a social prison/stigmatized for the Taylor Swift thing
- Wants to make content moving forwards, limit the amount of approval he needs from external bodies to produce things
- How dope Disney is as a director
- [inaudible stream of consciousness]
- Runaway inspiring new filmmakers
- Being numb to feelings, police shootings, etc.
- Being broke while almost being signed to R. Kelly
- "I love Justin [Vernon] the way Kanye likes Kanye;" says Justin Vernon is his favourite living artist.

Thanks for summarizing, spared me from wasting 20 minutes of another incoherent, rambling stream of contradicting and unfinished thoughts. Can't believe I once actually thought he was a great thinker and just misunderstood. Dude's becoming more and more delusional and obviously takes the wrong medication. He will never make truly fresh and game-changing music anymore without young, hungry cats surrounding him. There are hundreds of upcoming rappers and producers on Soundcloud making more progressive and experimental stuff than he does with 100 people on one track. Yeezus will be the last important album of his, though even that was most likely mostly Travi$' influence seeing how his Owl Pharaoh tape came out before Yeezus and had the same sound.

Yeezy season over.

Thanks for summarizing, spared me from wasting 20 minutes of another incoherent, rambling stream of contradicting and unfinished thoughts. Can't believe I once actually thought he was a great thinker and just misunderstood. Dude's becoming more and more delusional and obviously takes the wrong medication. He will never make truly fresh and game-changing music anymore without young, hungry cats surrounding him. There are hundreds of upcoming rappers and producers on Soundcloud making more progressive and experimental stuff than he does with 100 people on one track. Yeezus will be the last important album of his, though even that was most likely mostly Travi$' influence seeing how his Owl Pharaoh tape came out before Yeezus and had the same sound.

Yeezy season over.

lmao

FZZ

Banned

Yeezy season over.

I will not tolerate this fuckery

Anybody else here dug Hamilton? Thoughts on it?

Yeah, given its Broadway origin, it's not strictly a rap musical, but there's enough rap to call it a genuine rap musical, IMO.

HiResDes

So much negativity in here, nobody ever talk about music. Not really rap, but feeling Jamila's HEAVN reminds me of early Badu at times, though her lyrics are a bit less bohemian.

illadelph

Yeezy season over.

Real shit. Yeezy done lost his fuckin mind.

Dereck

Yeezy season over.
I like this.

Ivan 3414

Yeezy season over.

A correct and underappreciated post.

illadelph

A lot of Ye's fans fell in love with early Ye's personality that he conveyed through his lyrics.

They just don't realize that it was actually Rhymefest's personality; Yeezy was always a douche

Koozek

A lot of Ye's fans fell in love with early Ye's personality that he conveyed through his lyrics.

They just don't realize that it was actually Rhymefest's personality; Yeezy was always a douche

Harsh.

I still love and respect his old work, of course. CD, LR, Common's Be etc. are certified classics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom