• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eos

You don't have to listen to music with the actual phone speaker.

0ee14b60a675d6444aa5c3d9c5268765.png

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
It could also be the quality of the mp3's or the stream that's lacking. Afaik the smartphone shouldn't be the problem.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds

from what i gathered

-drake rehersed the blackberry freestyle
-drake wanted a video of it out so people thought he wrote it
-QM in the studio with drake at all times
-his fans are 70% high heels and 30% sandals
-reference tracks were to prove he wasnt going at meek but backfired
-diddy snuffed drake and his bodyguard pulled drake into the car hurting his arm
-drake needs future to sound "street", future on jayz hook for some reason he didnt say. i assume jay getting back a drake.
-dj kaled kept flex off drake for weeks
-flex bombs get dropped 20x times over biggie beat looped all day
-drake should have a brand of sandals and leave the hardcore bars to other rappers
-flex says he has more stories to tell

Total tally: 12,738 flex bombs and 2 quality Ls.

Vorheez

LOL everyone talkin about Drake while he quietly continues to be the biggest thing in music right now and will go down as one of the biggest in history

So who is really taking Ls? Flex just wants to eat champagne papi ass cause he's a jealous bitch

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
it doesnt mean their career is over. who is saying that? the greats arent immune to getting roasted.

even flex acknowledged his acomplishments in the same roast. its just entertainment bro lol

It could also be the quality of the mp3's or the stream that's lacking. Afaik the smartphone shouldn't be the problem.

Beats me. I should definitely fiddle around with my phone more. Space is another issue as well for me, and since my Nokia is pretty much out of date, I won't be able to fit much music on my phone anytime soon.

Androids I assume have expandable memory, but the price of the Flash Cards I imagine aren't too bad? I've relied on iPod memory for so long and I haven't looked at Flash Cards before for phones in quite a while. Seems like I have some research that needs to be done. I'm sure the likelihood of dedicated Mp3 Players being completely fazed out is pretty high at this point.

Exodust

Banned
Do L's even count if you constantly win anyway. Nothing has stuck to Drake.

Drake's L's morph into W's over time. It is known.

Think about it, all the things we found out or know about Drake from having ghostwriters, being a former soap opera star, not being "real", being kinda soft, etc. if you just apply one of them to any of your favorite rappers that could hamper or even end their careers. yet it does nothing to Drake. Drake seems to be an anomaly. He appeals to girls, hood dudes, club people, hip hop heads and seemingly everybody at the same time.

I don't even like Drake, but dude is something nobody could have predicted. He's here to stay for a while. I'm honestly not sure what could come out that would be a problem for him going forward, aside from people eventually getting bored and moving on to some other rapper.

Think about it, all the things we found out or know about Drake from having ghostwriters, being a former soap opera star, not being "real", being kinda soft, etc. if you just apply one of them to any of your favorite rappers that could hamper or even end their careers. yet it does nothing to Drake. Drake seems to be an anomaly. He appeals to girls, hood dudes, club people, hip hop heads and seemingly everybody at the same time.

I don't even like Drake, but dude is something nobody could have predicted. He's here to stay for a while. I'm honestly not sure what could come out that would be a problem for him going forward, aside from people eventually getting bored and moving on to some other rapper.

All of this acclaim from the new wave of rap that gained steam at the beginning of the new decade will make discussions of their place in Hip Hop ten years pretty interesting. Maybe even twenty, or thirty. Only time will tell, of course.

Somewhat related to that, who knows how advanced the genre will be as well? Production technology has certainly become more elaborate yet paradoxically (in a good way) much easier and cheaper to utilize. Most important to me is lyricism. It would also be cool to see rhyme schemes break away from 4/4 meters and move onto uncommon meter and stretch their rhyme construction to its limits within strange meters.

Edit: Of course I'm not saying that 4/4 is still the only time signature utilized as a whole, but rapping as a form is still relatively young compared to other lyrical forms.

Hitta93

Banned

Think about it, all the things we found out or know about Drake from having ghostwriters, being a former soap opera star, not being "real", being kinda soft, etc. if you just apply one of them to any of your favorite rappers that could hamper or even end their careers.
This is 1000% false.

Hitta93

Banned
How different is the Drake situation from Lil Wayne/Gillie the Kid?
The biggest gangsta hip hop artist of all time was a dancer/ballerina.
99% of rappers as is, don't live or never have lived the life they convey in their music. Prime example is Rick Ross.

So again, 1000% false.

subwilde

How different is the Drake situation from Lil Wayne/Gillie the Kid?
The biggest gangsta hip hop artist of all time was a dancer/ballerina.
99% of rappers as is, don't live or never have lived the life they convey in their music. Prime example is Rick Ross.

So again, 1000% false.

He's right though. Maybe not just applying one of those examples will ruin someone but all those added up surely would have taken out any other rapper

Also 1000% false is the same as 100% false breh doesn't make it any more false

Do L's even count if you constantly win anyway. Nothing has stuck to Drake.

Drake is bigger than beef, lets be real. K-Dot Control, P-Diddy punching that nigga, Meek Mill ol mumbling ass, Earl Sweatshirt street urchin lookin ass, Future dissing NWTS, Joe Budden ol' throwing rocks at random hoodrats ass. He's Drake and they aint. No rapper has ever been as popular as he is right now; not Kanye, not Outkast, not Jay, not Pac/Biggie, not Em, not Dre, not nobody. His last album wasn't even good and shit still #1 breaking records. You think Funkmaster Flex ol' irrelevent ass gon do anything stop Drake? Can anybody?

nz1.ru_klassnye-gifki-25-gifok_19.gif

Dereck

Drake is bigger than beef, lets be real. K-Dot Control, P-Diddy punching that nigga, Meek Mill ol mumbling ass, Earl Sweatshirt street urchin lookin ass, Future dissing NWTS, Joe Budden ol' throwing rocks at random hoodrats ass. He's Drake and they aint. No rapper has ever been as popular as he is right now; not Kanye, not Outkast, not Jay, not Pac/Biggie, not Em, not Dre, not nobody. His last album wasn't even good and shit still #1 breaking records. You think Funkmaster Flex ol' irrelevent ass gon do anything stop Drake? Can anybody?

Tell 'em

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
flex wasnt trying to stop drake. he sounded pretty aware hes the biggest artist out right now. i think his point he was trying to make was that drake aint stopping him.

but maybe a little of both.

Vorheez

Didn't know that, thanks.
You probably didn't lol
Wow I didn't know someone loved Drake as much as me. He really is something special, huh? Great men do great things

Fjordson

flex wasnt trying to stop drake. he sounded pretty aware hes the biggest artist out right now. i think his point he was trying to make was that drake aint stopping him.

but maybe a little of both.
No one cares tho. Saw him trending on Twitter and it was just people clowning him. Hard to think of something lamer than old DJ's "beefing" with actual rappers.

Like the dig about Drake having a lot of women fans. Uhh...okay? Good one breh.

Hitta93

Banned
All rap beef is corny to me personally.

It's need to be actual beef like 50/Ja or Pac/Big for it to be entertaining, not any of this BS just to help promote album and ticket sales.

No, I'm not saying death is entertaining, but the energy was real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom