• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiiiLife

QQiIGUX.png
QQiIGUX.png
QQiIGUX.png

Still the best saga in DBZ

7dbbf774ba5502fd304fcebd3b365ee9.300x162x1.png

riotous

Banned
If Life after Death is any indication Biggie never would have been in the running for GOAT had he not died.

I live out there... so don't go there.

Pun is definitely one of the strongest rappers when it comes to technical ability. Some of his content though is a lot to be desired, especially his sexually-focused songs.

riotous

Banned
Hitta taking it a bit too far; between Ready to Die, the Junior Mafia album and Life after Death biggie has a track record and a generally dope one.

I just personally never got a GOAT feel from him.

While I'm not a Kanye fan when it comes to his solo work, I can appreciate his stuff at least. Curious to what everyone thought about 808 and Heartbreak.
I think it's an amazing album, excellent pop.
Only tracks on there I don't feel much are Amazing and Robocop, but I still like things about them.
Street Lights is my life.

FZZ

Banned
I’m chillin’ at the studio these bitches wanna fuck on the banana boat
I’m on the outskirt, chasin’ out the green smokin’ orange kush feelin’ like a cantaloupe
Then I pulled off another bitch with the nana

puppet-dancing-o.gif

What's everyone's favorite 3+ song run of the year so far? Harambe through Pick up the Phone. Miley Cyrus through Figure It Out on Wave Gods is also great.

FML, Real Friends, Wolves

Dereck

I’m chillin’ at the studio these bitches wanna fuck on the banana boat
I’m on the outskirt, chasin’ out the green smokin’ orange kush feelin’ like a cantaloupe
Then I pulled off another bitch with the nana
These read like Young Dro bars

Syntsui

After several listens, I feel like No My Name is Jeffery is easily Thugga's best project. It's more than clear that he is not the kind of artist that keeps a successful formula for the sake of not risking to fail.

Album after album he keeps experimenting with new flows and unorthodox beats. Yet, somehow, it always sounds natural and interesting. This 18 months streak since Barter 6, with some not so good songs here and there, is even more impressive than Future's, whose output is way too linear tbh (this is not a bad thing, just shows how more versatile Thugga is) .

I'm having a hard time choosing a favorite song. With phenomenal songs like Wyclef Jean, Swizz Beats, RiRi, Guwop, Harambe, Pop Man and Pick Up the Phone this just became my AOTY.

T Dollarz

Smoke weed everyday.

call up a side piece, watch stranger things, smoke pot and play video games

Yep, pretty much. Just finished season 2 of The 100 earlier, thinking bout starting season 3. Show is hot fire. Also the other day started the first 20 minutes of Uncharted 4, I should hop back on that.

After several listens, I feel like No My Name is Jeffery is easily Thugga's best project. It's more than clear that he is not the kind of artist that keeps a successful formula for the sake of not risking to fail.

Album after album he keeps experimenting with new flows and unorthodox beats. Yet, somehow, it always sounds natural and interesting. This 18 months streak since Barter 6, with some not so good songs here and there, is even more impressive than Future's, whose output is way too linear tbh (this is not a bad thing, just shows how more versatile Thugga is) .

I'm having a hard time choosing a favorite song. With phenomenal songs like Wyclef Jean, Swizz Beats, RiRi, Guwop, Harambe, Pop Man and Pick Up the Phone this just became my AOTY.

I'm with you, man. Barter 6 kept growing on me more and more as time went on last year, like my connection with it was building inside me or some shit. Then he puts out like 50 tracks over the next year with the Slime Seasons, 80% of which are absolute fire. Now JEFFERY I feel like is the actual successor to Barter 6, as he's outdone himself creatively speaking again. He's continued to get better and it's fucking impressive. I don't like to anoint an album my AOTY after it's been out for a few days, especially when it's been a great year of work, but since it dropped it's been on fucking repeat, I could barely get in a couple listens of Vince's (also fantastic) album. Like, I already had Slime Season 3 in my top three of the year, and this album is probably better...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom