• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

eh, heads are gonna say that when you switch the style up

but if they hate then let em hate and go do fuck that's delicious some more

Sia keeps killing it, great song.

Edit: Kendrick phoned in as usual whenever he features on a big artist song.

Nah, I think Kendrick is smart and knows the audience. People who who listen to Sia but not Kendrick probably have no interest in #bars, but they're happy to listen to some hollow, easy to follow inspirational lyrics. Doing his usual stuff would just result in Sia's audience whining about how all these rap guys talk too fast.

late to sun's tirade but i think this isaiah rashad album might even be better than blank face. i love it. that drum and bass track kinda came out of nowhere lol. TDE killed it in 2016

oh and princess nokia tape is dope. album art is adorable haha.

Koozek

I'm asking you, GAF-Hop: how many souls do you touch a day?
GySVobc.png

One of the only good Kendrick features I've heard in a long time. And I also like the one on Birds in the Trap.

Koozek

Interesting, gonna watch.

EDIT: Okay, this is similar to the discussion we had a few days ago here about how in the 90's you had to technically be better to even get heard, but that doesn't mean that in all the trash that we get today there isn't also more gems because more people are making music and don't have to sound a certain way to even get let in by the gatekeepers like in the 90's, I think.

EDIT2: Okay, wait. I thought his point was the 90's weren't the Golden Era. I need to listen again.

EDIT3: Ah, lol, now I got it.
---

Travis Scott & Brian McKnight "Bitch U Broke My Heart" Commercial!

Reckoner

Who listening to Joey is bad and ass in 2016

Paper Trails is fire bro

My very tentative top ten off the top of my head:

Noname - Telefone
Key! - Before I Scream
Azizi Gibson - A New Life
Polyester the Saint - American Muscle
Elucid - Save Yourself
Isaiah Rashad - The Suns Tirade
SchoolBoy Q - Blankface
Kweku Collins - Nat Love
Supa Bwe - Dead Again 3
Eric Dingus & Dowrong - Stack or Starve 3

A man with good taste

Btw how is it that all chill hip-hop tracks nowadays have a Jean Deaux feature? I need more of this.

Koozek

T Dollarz

Catching up:

-I don't like Mr. Wonderful as much as when it first came out, but it's still super solid. It's not his best work tho. I wish he would chill a bit on the TV and dive back into music again. He's still talented as fuck when working with great producers.

-Nice list there Des, especially respekt the Noname and Polyester picks. The latter was a highlight of the early summer, gotta go back to that. I'll check out those I haven't heard you got on there, especially Key! (Totally forgot he dropped a new project) and Eric Dingus, whose stuff I've liked but have never loved. And of course Schoolboy and Isaiah will make a lot of people's lists this year, strong return for both.

-That Nokia tape is nice as fuck, the wiki feature a pleasant surprise. I love how raw this girl sounds.

IrishNinja

3 and a half minutes in and he's kinda all over the map - we give biters a pass because of some reflection of ourselves? now it's just kinda saying criticism isn't hate...i mean, okay

okay now i'm listening to yachty, hard keepin this tab open

3HMRUWl.jpg

$60 for 4 inch figures though.

yeah, i love hip hop figure shit (good luck finding pac/dilla/etc for a decent price) and love PE but them's GI joes fam

Jacobi

Banned
So came back from a vacation and listened to the Travis Scott album today. Pretty underwhelming... IMO Travis Scott fleshed out more the direction I never liked about him...
Basically auto tune singing

What do you guys think?

Just got banned from ktt for "Sorry Guest, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Constant race baiting
This is a permanent ban." But I've literally never sent a personal message, mentioned race, or barely even posted over there.
?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom