• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post malone, Tyga, Zack, Travis AND Designer on this page.

Wash it away.

CrzQ8JMWYAE30gh.jpg

T Dollarz

everything was always shitty compared to the good old days

THE BEATLES were shitty compared to the good old days

my age group is already nostalgic for the 2000s era. give me shit when I put on thugga or travis or anything recent that isn't drake or fucking lil jon circa crunk juice

So much truth to this

IrishNinja

everything was always shitty compared to the good old days

THE BEATLES were shitty compared to the good old days

my age group is already nostalgic for the 2000s era. give me shit when I put on thugga or travis or anything recent that isn't drake or fucking lil jon circa crunk juice

ehhh i appreciate the sentiment, but there's fallacies on both ends
fronting like older shit is only good cause rose-tinted nostalgia & new shit is good simply by virtue of being new is also kinda useless

i will agree that coming up in an era of lil jon crunk shit is unfortunate tho, that's why you focus on the quality before & after it

Anth0ny

ehhh i appreciate the sentiment, but there's fallacies on both ends
fronting like older shit is only good cause rose-tinted nostalgia & new shit is good simply by virtue of being new is also kinda useless

i will agree that coming up in an era of lil jon crunk shit is unfortunate tho, that's why you focus on the quality before & after it

of course

I'm happy I'm not one of those people who can't stand shit from before my time ("what is this old shit?") or can't stand new shit ("eww the new shit sucks compared to the good old days")

this refers to movies, cartoons, music, video games... you name it. any kind of entertainment or artistic media.

what i'm saying is i'm not surprised at all that fuckboys from the 90s were shitting on illmatic. there's a similar thread on gaming side about early ass forums with people shitting on SOTN and other games we consider classics today. it's always been a thing, and always will be.

IrishNinja

what i'm saying is i'm not surprised at all that fuckboys from the 90s were shitting on illmatic. there's a similar thread on gaming side about early ass forums with people shitting on SOTN and other games we consider classics today. it's always been a thing, and always will be.

yeah, it's not always that lasting works of genius/beauty get recognized in t heir era

Back in my day.

aren't you like 19 or something? this literally is your day

ARK322

Neo Member
You all are talking about Travis being himself on Coordinate as if the hook isn't just two Future melodies smashed together.

The two best things on BITTSM are, in order, 2) "Through The Late Night" and 1) that intro snippet Travis sings in "The Ends." That intro bit is soooo much better than the actual song barring 3 Stacks' verse and beats the hell out of "sweet sweet."

ARK322

Neo Member
So has anybody figured out where that coordinate hook melody comes from? I love it but I've heard that before

The "Spend that money fast if I have to" part is the same melody as the hook on Drippin. The "coordinate the tan with the beans" part is a little melody that fewtch throws in a verse -- I think it might be from Percocet and Strippers Joint.

xHiryu

my phone shuffled back to take care and gatdayum. the best thing this canadian fuckstick has made, the Ride got me like
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom