• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koozek

Are we all gonna act like it's okay that Nibel just pops in every couple of months for a drive-by post? He clearly thinks he's something better now, that he's above us somehow because of his Twitter fame. You think your new friends will still be there when shit hits the fan?

Don't come in here anymore.

Nibel

Koozek going full SS Schutzstaffel on his own kin, "Betreten verboten", smh

I really have not much to add recently tbh, most stuff posted doesn't interest me; besides, lots of the people I like don't come in here often anymore either
or have been thrown off the GAF ship

Koozek

Koozek going full SS Schutzstaffel on his own kin, "Betreten verboten", smh

I really have not much to add recently tbh, most stuff posted doesn't interest me; besides, lots of the people I like don't come in here often anymore either
or have been thrown off the GAF ship
What's your current Top 10?

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Dude just signed with GOOD Music and gets locked up.....SMH

Koozek

This and the recent tweets from all the rappers praising him and showing sincere respect made me really think. I probably haven't been fair in the last years when it comes to Weezy. I mean, he fell off hard from 2010 onwards, but he undeniably had a crazy run in the game and deserves respect. Pretty much 70% of my listening time was Wayne in '07-'09. Was stanning him hard at that time.

He had a bunch of dope mixtapes that led to a huge album in 2008 where he was the biggest thing in rap. His increasing washed-up status can't take away his peak period.

Detox

HRD and somebody else (sorry I forgot :( ) made a playlist with the best songs of the year so far anyone got a link and is it still being updated?

Eos

This and the recent tweets from all the rappers praising him and showing sincere respect made me really think. I probably haven't been fair in the last years when it comes to Weezy. I mean, he fell off hard from 2010 onwards, but he undeniably had a crazy run in the game and deserves respect. Pretty much 70% of my listening time was Wayne in '07-'09. Was stanning him hard at that time.
Lil wayne is the father of modern rap, which is why almost everyone is praising/defending him

T Dollarz

Yeah, I could never go there. Even my favorite stuff from him, those two mixtapes from a couple years earlier, were just "pretty good"

Following up from We Will Not,

T.I. is dropping another racially conscious track/video with "War Zone" (Tidal video link). Dedicated to Tamir Rice, Philandro Castille & Eric Garner It re-enacts their homicides/police brutality with the roles reversed.

I'm liking where T.I. has been going lately, looking forward to seeing what the rest of the Us or Else mixtape (& The Dime Trap) is saying when they drop.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.

Koozek

Craziest part of Shmurda's 7 year sentence is that he's already served 2. Shit still feels like yesterday, but it really wasn't.

RIP Desiigner tho. Who will carry Future's torch now? Or will Future get his mojo back?

Wale ft. Eric Bellinger - One Reason (Flex). I like this.
Damn, time flies.
Reposting this it's pretty fly, was kinda thrown off by the name and bandcamp description, but it's less feel good rap and more akin to late Pac Div/Overdoz style shit.
Will check out.
Can't help but love that Post Malone / Biebs track.

Lady Parts is also pretty dope.
Post Malone high-key legit though, Biebz been killing it on Rap features too (Maria on Rodeo and Juke Jam on Coloring Book both flames).

http://uproxx.com/smokingsection/sickamore-def-jam-nearly-ruined-ygs-career/

Whenever shit like this drops it makes you wonder how any of the corps got anywhere. Like they really just get lucky sometimes and have the right ppl working for them at the right moment and thats it.

Def Jam felt the Bompton rapper was working with DJ Mustard way too much and suggested he work with, wait for it — DJ Premier instead. He spilled, “Well, at first [Def Jam] was like, ‘Well you know, he’s doing too much work with DJ Mustard. We should get him in with DJ Premier or something.’That was a real thing.”

Knowing better, the young executive confessed he channelled his inner Dame Dash and unleashed on the label, “I was like, ‘What do you want–leave the hottest producer to go work with Premo?’ What are you? Out of your mind?’ I kind of blacked [out] in the meeting. I went too hard.”

Dust heads everywhere crying rn.

Koozek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom