• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

xHiryu

uUkYdYM.gif

hoGUna.gif

Rhd3Cf.gif

tumblr_inline_o20vjfr9kD1u0e3nr_500.gif

never ceases to not make me laugh lmfao, wish i had 1/10 of the energy he has

never ceases to not make me laugh lmfao, wish i had 1/10 of the energy he has

Agreed.

Curious. How many rap albums have you heard well enough to make a definite rating for them? Up to around 233 right now, which is impressive since it has been less than a year for me actually getting into the genre beyond the small circle of albums I stuck to for a long time. I'm sure it was less than 30 albums.

Koozek

Agreed.

Curious. How many rap albums have you heard well enough to make a definite rating for them? Up to around 233 right now, which is impressive since it has been less than a year for me actually getting into the genre beyond the small circle of albums I stuck to for a long time. I'm sure it was less than 30 albums.
Phew, don't even know. Easily past 500 or so, I guess. Maybe I'm underestimating though. I mean, been listening to Rap albums since I was 11 or so. So 14 years now. Okay, probably closer to 700 when I think about it. Crazy.

EDIT: Ah, I don't know. Somehow 700 sounds too much. It's really hard to estimate. OTOH, I listened to sooo many albums in my youth. Even when you just count the whole discographies of our favorite rappers you're easily in the 3 digits.

xHiryu

Agreed.

i got around 470 total albums in my iTunes and maybe 90% of it is hip-hop. I'd probably be able to rate around 75 of them honestly with illmatic, mbdtf, ready to die, rodeo, gkmc, and channel orange being 10/10.

Phew, don't even know. Easily past 500 or so, I guess. Maybe I'm underestimating though. I mean, been listening to Rap albums since I was 11 or so. So 14 years now. Okay, probably closer to 700 when I think about it. Crazy.

Only 500 more until I catch up with you!

Seriously though, I'm OK with being selective. Time and money are not free.

Detox

Salute to Gates going platinum with no famous guest appearances, one of the illest in the game right now

#idgt #bwa #freeleelucas

It's hilarious how shoed in Kendrick's feature on this Sia single is. I mean, it's not unexpected after Bad Blood and the Amazing Spider-Man 2 theme song with Alicia Keys but jeez.

Hey, I am the truth
Hey, I am the wisdom of the fallen - I'm the youth
Hey, I am the greatest
Hey, this is the proof

full

No Gates love from GAF Hop and it hurts me. Islah wasn't Luca Brasi tier but it was still coo

Nah I think a few people here liked islah. It was good

The artist with like ZERO gafhop buzz is like j Cole or something. If we didn't look at billboard figures every once in a while you'd think he was dead going by his mentions in here. Whatever he sucks anyways

It's hilarious how shoed in Kendrick's feature on this Sia single is. I mean, it's not unexpected after Bad Blood and the Amazing Spider-Man 2 theme song with Alicia Keys but jeez.

Hey, I am the truth
Hey, I am the greatest
Hey, this is the proof

full

Yeah, that's pretty meh.

Nah I think a few people here liked islah. It was good

The artist with like ZERO gafhop buzz is like j Cole or something. If we didn't look at billboard figures every once in a while you'd think he was dead going by his mentions in here. Whatever he sucks anyways

Funny because today, out of nowhere, Heartache popped into my head for the first time in years, and I remembered when we thought J. Cole was the The Guy™. What a disappointment his projects have been since then.

Hey, I am the truth
Hey, I am the greatest
Hey, this is the proof

full
Getting that pop money from the white she-devil yet again.

Get it all you deserve it Kendrick.

While I'm not a Kanye fan, am I the only one here who didn't give a shit that he interrupted Taylor Swift?

Honestly? I'd love to see someone delve into what happened from a sociological point of view in regards to that event. What should have been a shocking moment that resonated for a year at most has turned into some epic blood feud that still divides people. It's so interesting to look at and analyze.

Also, a new Tinashe song leaked with a Travis feature on it and it also happens to be 10/10. Seriously, this is phenomenal and it seems criminal this has been locked away for so long.

EDIT: Also, I know someone here stans this dude, and whomever you are come get your boy:

olympia

not trying to be a downer that tinashe song didn't grab me. maybe i'm missing it because people seem to be eating it up. what do you like about it torre.

not trying to be a downer that tinashe song didn't grab me. maybe i'm missing it because people seem to be eating it up. what do you like about it torre.

Honestly, I'm a huge fan of the drums and that vocal "oioooh" at the beginning. I'm a sucker for songs that have a dark atmosphere with some nice vocals and production, so this is squarely in my wheelhouse. Something about the way she sings that "ooooh" in combination with that bit of Autotune is just...bliss to me. I really love songs that are in that octave or have that same kind of timbre, so to speak.

Also, you're not being a downer by disagreeing. It's a forum; it's practically meant for people to disagree and have arguments.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Honestly? I'd love to see someone delve into what happened from a sociological point of view in regards to that event. What should have been a shocking moment that resonated for a year at most has turned into some epic blood feud that still divides people. It's so interesting to look at and analyze.

Also, a new Tinashe song leaked with a Travis feature on it and it also happens to be 10/10. Seriously, this is phenomenal and it seems criminal this has been locked away for so long.

EDIT: Also, I know someone here stans this dude, and whomever you are come get your boy:
Been mostly disappointed with Joyride stuff besides Party Favours, but this is good.

Ramriddlz using prepubescent humour on twitter smh

HiiiLife

Hope these TDE rumors for tonight are true. Wayne and Rihanna showing up in LA is dope.

But 6God x Kdot on the stage together. Do poetic justice. My year will be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom