• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Banned
Max B sentence got reduced.
ejgwPDx.png

GOE2OJy.png

name one
wait no syphon, get someone else to name one

nahh people drop that like it's his Lost Tapes, but it's a good album by post Black Album standards, and only shines brighter because there's so much dookie around it

Kingdom Come had a few tracks...BP3, MCHG etc? he did better on guest features than his own shit for a minute there
When I got into Jay Z I was far removed from online discussion of him so I went into his catalog fairly blind and American Gangster came out as my number two Jay project.
Maybe what you're saying is the case, but I think it's just a good album.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LUPEFIASCO
Lupe Q&A, loss of Jay praise.
I love it when a rapper like Lupe or Kendrick or Ab Soul or Brother Ali praises Jay Z and all of their fans scramble to try and rationalize or argue against it.
Reference for the Brother Ali thing:
https://m.facebook.com/brotherali/posts/328132200555067
https://m.facebook.com/brotherali/posts/10150454619116184

Also Lupe was 100% about Jay Rock clearly having the best verse on the Black Hippy That Part remix.
I was once one of those "real hip-hop" purist boring teenagers. Hopefully most people grow out of it like I did.

HiiiLife

Completely forgot about chain hang low lol.

All that bioshock talk got me wishing they had blockbusters still fam. Ain't trying to drop 60 for all these games

Kinda wish I had been doing this over the last 5 years tbh, like I do on Letterboxd now for movies. Would be pretty cool

Best thing is that I just have to change the numbers in the spreadsheet for the calculations to update themselves automatically. Excel is such a powerful software once you realize its potential.

Max B release will be pretty influential to a lot of ppl's music when it happens i bet. they're all about the waaaave.

we finna get that ultimate harry fraud/max b/french tape when he's out...phew.

How often does someone get out of jail after a long stint and release good music? Gucci came out swinging, Wayne did too at some point...but that's about it.

Max will prob come out and have lost his style.

How often does someone get out of jail after a long stint and release good music? Gucci came out swinging, Wayne did too at some point...but that's about it.

Max will prob come out and have lost his style.

I imagine french tells him how things have changed over the years, I hope he doesn't try to change max b's style. max doesn't seem the type to do that though.

Ninja Dom

I spent almost the entire years from 2005 to 2011 listening to Max B, and I truly believe he created some of the greatest hip-hop ever. You've heard me say it before but I believe his music to be amongst the greatest hip-hop ever created.

Time to celebrate by playing his discography!!

max-b-wavy-Favim.com-372547.gif

I spent almost the entire years from 2005 to 2011 listening to Max B, and I truly believe he created some of the greatest hip-hop ever. You've heard me say it before but I believe his music to be amongst the greatest hip-hop ever created.

yea man like in the same paragraph almost word for word

r.i.p stack bundles

Got a question for Gaf-Hop. What misconception about Rap music bother you the most?

Besides Eminem being considered one of the best rappers of all time

HiResDes

Max B had some crazy good hooks and a cool style but I've never been super impressed by any of his full length releases nor do I or would I ever consider him to be an all time great or even particularly noteworthy in any era. The people that stole the wave mostly did so with greater success. I like French Montana more than I ever liked Max B.

HiiiLife

Got a question for Gaf-Hop. What misconception about Rap music bother you the most?

You answered your own question :p

Other than that people are who are fans of the genre and act like the dude that elP was talking to regarding gunit and what "real" rap is.

Shit felt corny just typing that out.

You answered your own question :p

Other than that people are who are fans of the genre and act like the dude that elP was talking to regarding gunit and what "real" rap is.

Shit felt corny just typing that out.

Yeah, backpackers are obnoxious as hell. And many of my favorite rappers attract tons of backpack fans (Aesop Rock, Eyedea).

Jay's a biter.
Jay's a snake.
Jay was Big's little man.
Big L is better than Jay and something something about the ten minute freestyle.
Jay's fake.
Jay's verse on Never Let Me Down is off topic.
Jay's "fake".
And more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom