• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRadNadz

Neo Member
Spent the majority of the morning cruising around with no particular destination in mind, just bumping Acid Rap while I drove. I have to say it's hands down my favourite album of all time. Tried listening to Coloring Book as a whole a few times again lately has made me realise it is not the direction I personally enjoy Chance going. My biggest let down of 2016 so far.

Sidenote - ended up at EB Games buying Bioshock: The Collection for PS4 today. Hopefully BS1 & 3 hold up as well as the first time I played them years back.

Dereck

Spent the majority of the morning cruising around with no particular destination in mind, just bumping Acid Rap while I drove. I have to say it's hands down my favourite album of all time. Tried listening to Coloring Book as a whole a few times again lately has made me realise it is not the direction I personally enjoy Chance going. My biggest let down of 2016 so far.

Sidenote - ended up at EB Games buying Bioshock: The Collection for PS4 today. Hopefully BS1 & 3 hold up as well as the first time I played them years back.
Yep, we were just talking about this.

My favorite Chance verse is this one and he doesn't really bullshit rap anymore but I wish he did

TheRadNadz

Neo Member
Yep, we were just talking about this.

My favorite Chance verse is this one and he doesn't really bullshit rap anymore but I wish he did

Ah, my bad, I don't get to keep up with this thread as much as I would like!

Yeah that's definitely a dope chance verse. I know right? I just hope his next effort strays away from the preachy / gospel tones.

What about 2 or, better yet, Minerva's Den. Minerva's Den is the condensed version of the BioShocks with Gone Home-isms. More akin to System Shock 2 even, which is the best Shock.

Oh and fun fact, Binary Star is from my birth town.

TheRadNadz

Neo Member
What about 2 or, better yet, Minerva's Den. Minerva's Den is the condensed version of the BioShocks with Gone Home-isms. More akin to System Shock 2 even, which is the best Shock.

I had always heard mainly mediocre things about the second one so I never played it. I'm keen to go in completely blind on the remastered version and see if i actually enjoy it.

I really enjoyed Gone Home so Minervas Den sounds straight up my alley then!

I had always heard mainly mediocre things about the second one so I never played it. I'm keen to go in completely blind on the remastered version and see if i actually enjoy it.

I really enjoyed Gone Home so Minervas Den sounds straight up my alley then!
BioShock 2 is fine. The gameplay is better and the plot is more consistent. It may not reach the highs of BioShock 1, but it has more heart. It is a good game that is overshadowed by it's predecessor because of tacked on multiplayer and a bunch of nerds screaming it was unnecessary.

Nibel

RZA Praises Trump, Threatens Philippine President in Bonkers Interview With Paul Banks

RZA also says he's a Fox News fan, while Banks calls Suicide Squad racist, in conversation recorded for Pitchfork Radio and the Talkhouse

- Praised a Donald Trump speech and said he “respects” Trump's personality. (“To me, I don't hear the ego. I'm like, 'That's New York, man.' You could go to any pizzeria and talk to a guy like that, and you're going to get the same thing!“)
- Said he liked watching Fox News (“they keep it gully!”)
- Appeared to defend Rodrigo Duterte, the President of the Philippines, for ordering suspects of drug crimes killed before trial (though he was not happy about Duterte calling President Obama a “son of a whore,” threatening, “Don’t you ever get the gall in your mouth and heart to call the President of The United States the son of a whore. Don’t never do that, kid. Come to my neighborhood, come to Staten Island with that.”)
- Discussed how much he likes Jessica Alba
- Revealed that he's writing a new movie featuring a “racist redneck” character.

wlnspywsp9.gif

BioShock 2 is fine. The gameplay is better and the plot is more consistent. It may not reach the highs of BioShock 1, but it has more heart. It is a good game that is overshadowed by it's predecessor because of tacked on multiplayer and a bunch of nerds screaming it was unnecessary.

I'm biased, but I thought BioShock 2 was fantastic. Paupers Drop is still my favorite BioShock level.

He has to be trolling....

New Danny song is dope. Atrocity Exhibition might be my most anticipated hip hop album right now.

Also BioShock 2 > BioShock > BioShock Infinite

System Shock 2 >>>>>>>>>>> Bioshock 2 > Bioshock >>>>>>> Bioshock Infinite

looking forward to that System Shock 1 remake.

I actually own both System Shock games (as in, owning original physical copies), but I can barely play the first in the series. The first game was due for a remake.

Ugh, I hated reading that. Especially since I like Brother Ali's music a lot.

Atmosphere got on their own fan base when they headlined with 2 Chainz. Slug is such a great dude.

IrishNinja

give zero fucks on lupe's thoughts on anything, but...why are people bothered by praise for jigga? yeah, he fell the fuck off after black album, but that first half of his career is some top 10 shit, and people still praise Em for doing less & falling harder

saying this as a gnauze stan too, i don't get it

give zero fucks on lupe's thoughts on anything, but...why are people bothered by praise for jigga? yeah, he fell the fuck off after black album, but that first half of his career is some top 10 shit, and people still praise Em for doing less & falling harder

saying this as a gnauze stan too, i don't get it

wtf, he had good albums after black album even if it isnt on the same level.

So, this is tangentially hip-hop, but I'd figure I should ask regardless.

I'm going to a Death Grips concert tonight, and I was wondering where exactly I should be during the performance i.e. should be in the floor where the mosh pit gets notoriously excited or up on the balcony. I was wondering if anyone here who's seen them live might give some anecdotes and recommend where to see it from?

Ugh, I hated reading that. Especially since I like Brother Ali's music a lot.

Atmosphere got on their own fan base when they headlined with 2 Chainz. Slug is such a great dude.
Reminds me of this El-P convo:
6u4rU9k.png

X0bCSmB.png

And this El-P interview quote:
"ELP: It always killed me, in my career, that one of the questions that I would get asked, one of the things that would get thrown at me, especially in the late-90s to the early 2000s—people would use Jay-Z as a weapon to throw at me to start a conversation. They thought my reaction to "Jay-Z" and what he represented was anger or was disrespect. Because people would interpret the things that I would say, and blow it out of proportion and make it like this sort of heartless super-philosophy, which it wasn't. So people would ask me about Jay-Z almost snarkily, in some weird classist, almost-racist way: like "Oh—that stupid Jay-Z shit!" And I would be like, "Yo, actually Jay-Z was a huge influence on me and my rapping."

IrishNinja

wtf, he had good albums after black album even if it isnt on the same level.

name one
wait no syphon, get someone else to name one

American Gangster was underrated...but other than that...

nahh people drop that like it's his Lost Tapes, but it's a good album by post Black Album standards, and only shines brighter because there's so much dookie around it

Kingdom Come had a few tracks...BP3, MCHG etc? he did better on guest features than his own shit for a minute there

So, this is tangentially hip-hop, but I'd figure I should ask regardless.

I'm going to a Death Grips concert tonight, and I was wondering where exactly I should be during the performance i.e. should be in the floor where the mosh pit gets notoriously excited or up on the balcony. I was wondering if anyone here who's seen them live might give some anecdotes and recommend where to see it from?

I've seen DG 3 times. Why you would be anywhere but the pit is a dumb question. Throw a pair of boots on and spend the entire set there.

Reminds me of this El-P convo:
6u4rU9k.png

X0bCSmB.png

And this El-P interview quote:
"ELP: It always killed me, in my career, that one of the questions that I would get asked, one of the things that would get thrown at me, especially in the late-90s to the early 2000s—people would use Jay-Z as a weapon to throw at me to start a conversation. They thought my reaction to "Jay-Z" and what he represented was anger or was disrespect. Because people would interpret the things that I would say, and blow it out of proportion and make it like this sort of heartless super-philosophy, which it wasn't. So people would ask me about Jay-Z almost snarkily, in some weird classist, almost-racist way: like "Oh—that stupid Jay-Z shit!" And I would be like, "Yo, actually Jay-Z was a huge influence on me and my rapping."

I remember reading a Facebook update with Vinnie Paz (from Jedi Mind Tricks) calling 50 Cent's debut one of his all time best debuts, and called him more amazing than any underground rapper to his fans complaining about that

Also

http://theboombox.com/jedi-mind-tricks-the-thief-and-the-fallen-album-interview/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom