• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.
An Apple Music ad just aired, and guess who was on the front screen of the Apple Music app? None other than No, My Name is Jeffery and his legendary album "Jeffery." No, My Name is Jeffery getting that Apple Music boost and promo.

Eos

An Apple Music ad just aired, and guess who was on the front screen of the Apple Music app? None other than No, My Name is Jeffery and his legendary album "Jeffery." No, My Name is Jeffery getting that Apple Music boost and promo.
He's gon need it or else he'll hit a 3peat of 16k with his next album

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Crazy for far our Jeffery has come. 🙏

HiiiLife

The THugger comments was funny.

But all the lipstick emojis on games IG is hilarious.

Patiently waiting for game to respond on social media now.

At the end of the day, documentary gets more play than any meek project.

Meek out there wit the strippers turn to rappers line taking inspiration from the 6gods trigger fingers. Okay meek.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
TLOP is alright to me. I like it... but it just feels more like a bunch of ideas and experiments that are a little rough around the edges than it does a cohesive project like most of his previous albums. It feels like Kanye wanted to put out a mixtape, or something... if that makes any sense.

TLOP is alright to me. I like it... but it just feels more like a bunch of ideas and experiments that are a little rough around the edges than it does a cohesive project like most of his previous albums. It feels like Kanye wanted to put out a mixtape, or something... if that makes any sense.

It's just because we're so used to his last few albums being very cohesive project with one sound.

Dereck

Earl's verse

OT-Genasis-Freestyles-on-Funk-Flex%21.gif

HiResDes

I kind of wish I didn't succumb and listen to really doe, I want this album to be my everything. It really feels amazing to see a guy I loved from the fucking beginning years ago make such strides and get a little mainstream love like I'm super fucking hyped to see this album garner a little attention as a fanatic of Joy Division, JG Ballard and Danny it's like this album is tailor made for me. As superficial as it ultimately is it's nice to know that you're a day one

HiiiLife

I thought 50 had jokes on IG but games hashtags too much yo LOLOL. These old dudes funny bruh. Meek just tries too hard on social media.

T Dollarz

Not listening to the track either. Never do when it's for an album I'm anticipating.

Just locked in my ticket for Danny Saturday night. Maxo Kream will be opening. Should be lit. Gonna be my third time seeing him. First was on that Action/Danny tour a couple years ago, which stands as one of my favorite shows ever. Last time was the Rocky/Tyler/Danny/Vince tour last year, which was one of the weakest shows I been to. Tyler and Rocky were meh, and I got there late and missed Staples entire set (made up for it by seeing him on his solo tour which was an amazing little show), and Danny was the highlight. Can't wait for that album.

Seriously debating if I wanna shell out $200 for saint Pablo in a couple weeks. Could be last chance to see him before he passes a new phase of his career into being real dusted.

Hitta93

Banned
Alright, so I listened to that Kid Cudi album from 2015.....

WTF?
Speedin Bullet? Still need to listen to it, Confused is cool though.

Spent the majority of the morning cruising around with no particular destination in mind, just bumping Acid Rap while I drove. I have to say it's hands down my favourite album of all time.
How old are you?

Wu Tang Forever
Preach.

bioshock is lame
Preach.
give zero fucks on lupe's thoughts on anything, but...why are people bothered by praise for jigga? yeah, he fell the fuck off after black album, but that first half of his career is some top 10 shit, and people still praise Em for doing less & falling harder

saying this as a gnauze stan too, i don't get it

American Gangster was underrated...but other than that...
AG is his best album, yes, better than Reasonable Doubt.

I spent almost the entire years from 2005 to 2011 listening to Max B, and I truly believe he created some of the greatest hip-hop ever. You've heard me say it before but I believe his music to be amongst the greatest hip-hop ever created.

Time to celebrate by playing his discography!!

max-b-wavy-Favim.com-372547.gif
Give us Coke Wave 3 and I can die a happy man.

It's amazing how silly people are when it comes to obscure artists. I also think another related misconception that's obnoxious is when people accuse you of being a hipster when you recommend obscure material and recommend it at length. Most of us here love the staples of Rap (Illmatic, blah blah blah), but it's a waste of time to consistently recommend stuff everyone has already heard of. Why not bring light the legions of obscure, but great, artists that almost never see the light of day?
The artist worth listening to will break through regardless. They're obscure for good reason.

The continued denial of the skill and artistry in trap music by dust heads.
Preach.
I'm listening to Graduation by Kanye right now. What did y'all think about it? Has it held up after nearly a decade?
Bottom 3 Kanye album along with Yeezus and Late Registration.

Yeezus is easily last place.

HiiiLife

Anybody here seen Ye live? Haven't been into his music like I was his trilogy but am curious what kinda show he puts on. Tickets aren't too bad for Vegas either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom