• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll pay homage next time.

As far as American Gangster, I think the production is vastly better with less throwaway tracks.

Would only delete Hello Brooklyn 2.0 vs. Friend or Foe, Cashmere Thoughts, or Ain't No Nigga.

Interesting.

On another note, do you have a top ten fav albums all time in rap?

It's a good album. Better than reasonable doubt or even blueprint is nonsense to me tho.

And seeing Danny Brown live was surreal. When you hear that high pitched voice and then his switch up to that raw shit live when you're drunk it's frightening

He's amazing live. Does a nice mix of recents with his classic songs. You're not going to hear stuff like Roses or New Workout Plan, but just bask in the glory of Yeezus for an hour or two and enjoy the vibe. At MSG, people were straight up singing every lyric of his for the show'a runtime. We managed to acappella sing the last couple of bars on "Heartless" and that felt magical.

Obviously this isn't his best tour, but seeing Kanye live is something everyone should experience at least once.
Man his stage is insane this year whew

Hitta93

Banned
What else are you going to say to make me dislike you even more?
You're not important.

Interesting.

On another note, do you have a top ten fav albums all time in rap?
I'll post later. I know for me personally, the Infamous is #1.
all lives matter

oh wait he did that
Quote me you idiot.

Hitta out here making life hard for people like me who also really like American Gangster.

It's a good album. Better than reasonable doubt or even blueprint is nonsense to me tho.

>getting rid of Friend or Foe
What?

I go back to AG more. It is what it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpiX-dN3zEI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8rnfU4RDhc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f1KK30tq54
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQds0GALxQI

Ll8uYm5.gif

Dereck

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/dann...rod-by-black-milk.464718/page-3#post-20948272

Kendrick continues his trend of doing way too damn much... Breh it's just 16. Behind all the vocal effects... and the voice changes, and the numerous flow switchups, and the Oxford tenure app vocab... and the abstract message...is the beat. You're always second to the instrumental this genre.

Great rappers say "more with less"... Kendrick seems dead set on saying "less with more". Nigga raps like Ti talks.
8GpvAKJ.png

Dereck

there was no reason at all to use such an unorthodox flow on such a straightforward beat. hes always trying to hit a homerun and all he needs to do is just ride the beat and stop being holier than thou and making up weird flows for the sake of standing out

nah i'm good with kendrick being different. his verse was nice. Not sure why people are expecting "simple" from kendrick. He's ALWAYS been like this.
Big power, big stages
My zoo cannot fit the cages
This booth is not used to fakin'
My crew just love confrontation
I chewed the face off the laces
I moved the wieght from the waitress
I chef the pot that made poison
I cooked then tipped all the patients
My bitch is way beyond basic
That's life insurance, car insurance

Good to see more people are realizing Kendrick isn't good. He tries so hard to say nothing, time and time again. I don't understand how someone can be so technically proficient and be a big fan of Lil Wayne but constantly produce wack verses. There's nothing entertaining about him. He's like the black Eminem: masturbatory technical prowess with nothing to say, over powering the beat until it produces something that is tiring to listen to.

Good to see more people are realizing Kendrick isn't good. He tries so hard to say nothing, time and time again. I don't understand how someone can be so technically proficient and be a big fan of Lil Wayne but constantly produce wack verses. There's nothing entertaining about him. He's like the black Eminem: masturbatory technical prowess with nothing to say, over powering the beat until it produces something that is tiring to listen to.

Kendrick is the best out of the new generation guys. What do you mean he says nothing?

Ugh.

Nothing to say? How on Earth does Kendrick have nothing to say?

HiiiLife

Stewardess complimenting me on my nappy hair
If I can fuck her in front of all of these passengers
They'll probably think I'm a terrorist, eat my asparagus

Underrated Kendrick track. The sampling with the horns is fantastic.

That whole project is amazing. That and GKMC are tied for me. It'll be the other one day, then S80 will be my fav.

Spiteful chant whewwwwww.

Dereck

AnFYBV0.png

hold on there man, you took it to 100. I was just referring to some of his recent features with "reach for the stars" flows.

That whole project is amazing. That and GKMC are tied for me. It'll be the other one day, then S80 will be my fav.

Spiteful chant whewwwwww.

ADHD is fantastic, too.

Adderall is no joke to get hooked on. The crashes SUCK.

Also, can't forget Blow My High which I really like. Also, why I'm not a fan of Ab-Soul, he kills it on Ab Soul's Outro. Why doesn't he rap with a natural baritone and not that annoying higher pitched delivery?

HiiiLife

ADHD is fantastic, too.

Adderall is no joke to get hooked on. The crashes SUCK.

Also, can't forget Blow My High which I really like. Also, why I'm not a fan of Ab-Soul, he kills it on Ab Soul's Outro. Why doesn't he rap with a natural baritone and not that annoying higher pitched delivery?

Have you gave control system a chance???

It's strange you don't like high pitched delivery but you like Danny brown lol

eat my asparagus you cunt

LMFAO.

Have you gave control system a chance???

It's strange you don't like high pitched delivery but you like Danny brown lol

I don't necessarily dislike high pitched delivery, but Ab-Soul's delivery is often thin and just not there. It's so meh. I can tolerate him when he's kind of in the middle, though his songwriting isn't always there, either.

Speaking of Danny Brown, the new song is fucking weird as hell, but I think I liked this song the first time I heard it.

Funky Four Plus One.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-umSairtriU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom