• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiiiLife

Been going through Kanyes catalog again and I'd rather a nice 15-16 track playlist if it was made up of songs from albums 808-Pablo considering I never cared for those albums as a whole project like I did TCD.

I have to say I want to get a pair of Yeezy Boost 350 though.

Even with Eminem and Ice Cube writing for Dre I still prefer Kanyes raps over the Doctor.

Dre was never a fantastic rapper and all of shit is ghostwritten, but I've always loved his delivery and his flow wasn't all that bad.

HiiiLife

I have to say I want to get a pair of Yeezy Boost 350 though.

Dre was never a fantastic rapper and all of shit is ghostwritten, but I've always loved his delivery and his flow wasn't all that bad.

Ashamed to say I had a pair of Hurricane 310s when I was in 7th grade lol. The Documentary was the shit. Still is.

and also still superior to GRODT

HiiiLife

I own a pair of Kobe X's and a pair of Kobe 11's for starters, so you're good.

Think my fav pair of basketball shoes I've owned are the LeBron Zoom 2s that came out my freshman year. Or the 2002 TMac sneakers / Tmac 5 with the hardwood in it lol.

The Tmac 6 was nice too. I think Tracy had some dope shoes mane

Hitta93

Banned
Frfr though, I think nowadays I would agree with Jay > Nas (I was #TeamEther as a kid). Illmatic is a timeless classic, yeah, and I still have a lot of nostalgia for Nas albums (Street's Disciple is honestly one of my faves, btw), but I kinda can't shake the feeling that he's overrated as a lyricist and probably one of the most smart dumb rappers, which wouldn't be an issue if he wasn't held so highly regarded. Jay has much more swag, is more playful with his flows, and more experimental sound-wise. Maybe I'm hyperbolic right now, dunno. What do you guys think of Nas nowadays?

I wouldn't call Nas overrated, but everything else is spot on. He's not Jadakiss bad as far as lack of evolution but it's pretty close.

Then at the same time, I don't know how I would feel if he went the BP3/MCHG route on his next album.

Most of WTT
I prefer Jay on No Church, Kanye on Lift Off, Jay on Niggas In Paris, tie on Otis, Jay on Gotta Have It, Jay on New Day, Kanye on That's My Bitch, obviously Jay on Jungle and Who Gon Stop Me, Jay on Murder To Excellence, Jay on Made In America, Why I You is another Jay track, don't care about illest or Ham, tie on Primetime, and Kanye on The Joy.

Fjordson

Think I agree with Des. Not really a huge fan of WTT either way, but Kanye inhabits the over the top, flamboyant style on WTT better than Jay. Even if Jay had some solid verses in a technical sense.

I wanted more jay and em songs after renegade and there was never anymore after that for some reason. I also always wanted a Nas and Em collab, makes zero sense that it never happened.

T Dollarz

I'd call WTT more mediocre than straight garbage. There's a lot to like about it, some definite fire and some whackness, and when it dropped it was getting a shitload of play but faded out fast.

It's eerily similar to WATTBA.

LTTP but....

Has the thread ever talked about Hamilton? Yes, the musical. Anyone seen it live? Youse guys heard the album?

Been listening to it for a few days. Am I corny or is this incredible?

Wasn't Andrew repping it?

Must have missed that. I really wasn't interested in it or looking for any discussion because I'm not a musical theater guy, or theater in general really, but gotdamn it's kind of genius. 2 hours 20 minutes of Revolutionary War nerd rap, founding father cabinet rap battles, R&B, pop ballads, love songs, and tragedy.

I get why Hamilton is a thing now.

I enjoyed his trunk Muzik mixtape and love story. Everything else meh IMO.

Love Story is capital "T" Trash.

Trunk Music Returns is his best project and stays underrated. The EP with DJ Paul was solid too.

Must have missed that. I really wasn't interested in it or looking for any discussion because I'm not really a musical theater kind of guy, or theater in general really, but gotdamn it's kind of genius. 2 hours 20 minutes of Revolutionary War nerd rap, founding father cabinet rap battles, R&B, pop ballads, love songs, and tragedy.

I get why Hamilton is a thing now.

Love Story is capital "T" Trash.

Trunk Music Returns is his best project and stays underrated. The EP with DJ Paul was solid too.

Singin' In the Rain is one of the best movies of all time, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom