• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

The 21 Savage one is the best out of the three to me, and I don't even fuck with him like that...But the new Bryson Tiller & Roy Woods tracks that dropped yesterday are fucking fire, especially Let Me Explain

The 21 Savage one is the best out of the three to me, and I don't even fuck with him like that...But the new Bryson Tiller & Roy Woods tracks that dropped yesterday are fucking fire, especially Let Me Explain

not that you're missing out on anything, but there's 4 new drake songs. sneakin' is aight off the strength of london's production alone.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So is the Drake project an actual album from him or some OVO compilation thing? KTT seems to think it's a compilation.
Drake said it's not an album, it's a "playlist," but right before that he said he wanted to give us another mixtape or something.

Probably an Apple Music mixtape thing. All original music, he mentioned that you'll probably see a lot of the OVO team on there. I'd imagine it as something between IYRTITL and Cruel Summer.

Fjordson

Drake said it's not an album, it's a "playlist," but right before that he said he wanted to give us another mixtape or something.

Probably an Apple Music mixtape thing. All original music, he mentioned that you'll probably see a lot of the OVO team on there. I'd imagine it as something between IYRTITL and Cruel Summer.
Ah okay.

I need a new Roy Woods and Drake track.

Nibel

40 killed that shit
lawd2wsbq.png

HiResDes

Really enjoy that track too. If I wanted to get into Key, where ahould I start?
This is highly debated on KTT key subthread but in my opinion opinion start with Father's Are The Curse, Key already had his trademark flow on Mothers are to Blame but he was still doing his own beats and they weren't all that.

I'd proceed like this:

Father's are the Curse
Give Em Hell
Screaming Dreams Prelude
Before I Scream
Then finally go back and listen to Mother's are the blame

I definitely do too, personally.

The lukewarm response to Views I think really stood out in conveying to him that Drake is held to an actual standard and that he needs to cool it and wait for genuine inspiration to strike him. If he isn't careful he could lose popularity pretty quickly, but of course that creates some sort of dilemma for him, creating pressure for him to release new music to keep his fan base satisfied. People are going to be on anything he releases.

Koozek

This is the first time I haven't cared that Drake dropped something new. Don't even know what it is you guys are talking about (besides the Wanna Know remix). An OVO sampler? Is it out officially or are you going on radio rips?

HiiiLife

This is the first time I haven't cared that Drake dropped something new. Don't even know what it is you guys are talking about (besides the Wanna Know remix). An OVO sampler? Is it out officially or are you going on radio rips?
only a couple are out officially. The other two are rips.

Fjordson

He premiered four new tracks on OVO Sound radio yesterday. Wanna Know remix, 2 Birds 1 Stone, Fake Love and Sneakin' with 21 Savage. Fake Love and 21 Savage are officially out (on Spotify, iTunes, etc.) other two are just rips from OVO Sound.

It's from a project called "More Life" that's out in December. Sounds like it may be a mixtape / OVO compilation as opposed to a new Drake album though.

After hearing all four songs a few times I think they're pretty good. Better than most of Views tbh.

Koozek

only a couple are out officially. The other two are rips.

He premiered four new tracks on OVO Sound radio yesterday. Wanna Know remix, 2 Birds 1 Stone, Fake Love and Sneakin' with 21 Savage. Fake Love and 21 Savage are officially out (on Spotify, iTunes, etc.) other two are just rips from OVO Sound.

It's from a project called "More Life" that's out in December. Sounds like it may be a mixtape / OVO compilation as opposed to a new Drake album though.

After hearing all four songs a few times I think they're pretty good. Better than most of Views tbh.
Got it, thanks. No urge to listen to them. Maybe when the tape is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom