• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.
EVOL is fuckin beautiful, been going back to in her mouth on repeat

I generally like Young Thug more as an artist but future won this round

Kendrick is a great lyricist but as long as he sticks with thundercat and flying lotus I won't really care for his music as much as I think I should. These days when he performs a new song I just feel indifferent aside from acknowledging the talent on display

There were some fantastic tracks on tpab tho don't get me wrong

Ninja Dom

TPAB would be better if Thug did it. Better ear for melody and also uses his voice as an instrument better. Thug probably doesn't listen to jazz or funk but you can hear that stuff in his voice nonetheless.

Thug's interview with Ebro said that he doesn't listen to any other artist. He's in the studio all the time recording his own stuff that he doesn't have time to listen to other music.

that statement is kinda nuts but also i definitely think young thug has an amazing range of flows. more interesting than kendrick, future, 6god talent acquisitions etc.

the man squawks nonsense half the time and makes it into something very melodic.

Syntsui

I'm Up sounding much better than I expected. Some of these weed carriers features did their best to ruin the tracks, but Thugga did his thing. I don't think I will give it a lot of spins, but since this is just an appetizer before SS3, it's good for what it is.

Time to try EVOL.

Judge just sentenced Meek to 3 months house arrest (whatever) but banned him from releasing music for 3 months and put him on another 6 years of probation. All this is stemming from a drug and weapons charge from 2008. Shit ain't right man, putting a man on probation for 13 years when he ain't murdered, assaulted or raped anyone. These fucking bankers out here who steal millions from people aren't even getting terms that harsh.
US justice system is fucked and designed to provoke repeat offenses so they can send your ass back to jail.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Judge just sentenced Meek to 3 months house arrest (whatever) but banned him from releasing music for 3 months and put him on another 6 years of probation. All this is stemming from a drug and weapons charge from 2008. Shit ain't right man, putting a man on probation for 13 years when he ain't murdered, assaulted or raped anyone. These fucking bankers out here who steal millions from people aren't even getting terms that harsh.
US justice system is fucked and designed to provoke repeat offenses so they can send your ass back to jail.

True. On the other hand, if he didn't have money, his ass would be in jail until 2021 (or however long the initial sentence was). Probation is hell, but it's a damn site better than prison. Judges are crooked ass fuck though.

Koozek

EVOL is aight after the first listen. You made it sound like the album of the dacade. WATTBA still the best since DS2. But maybe EVOL needs a few more listens. Lol@Thugga's "Metro Boomin..." adlib on one of the tracks - thought they had beef.

Nibel

EVOL is aight after the first listen. You made it sound like the album of the dacade. WATTBA still the best since DS2. But maybe EVOL needs a few more listens. Lol@Thugga's "Metro Boomin..." adlib on one of the tracks - thought they had beef.

Thugga has a Metro beat on I'm Up

Nobody knows what the fuck is going on anymore

Nibel

Sorry, I meant to say that I thought Future and Thugga had beef. Though, now that you said it I remember Thugga and Metro beefing shortly, too.

Nah this wasn't against your statement just a general observation - I think they do have beef or at least there is some tension, and still they kinda use each other's stuff? No clue man

Thugger and Metro squashed beef a while ago. Money is more important.

Yeah but Metro is still part of Freebandz and Thugga seemed very upset about Future's surprise release; while I agree that money stands above all there are some tensions there

Yeah but Metro is still part of Freebandz and Thugga seemed very upset about Future's surprise release; while I agree that money stands above all there are some tensions there

I imagine he had the Metro beat before he knew about the surprise release and his subsequent decision to spazz on Twitter about it.

Hercules is like 4 months old, I don't see how that is relevant to this beef (if it's even real).

Unless there's another Metro beat on I'm Up.

full

DominoKid

Metro can use his tags however he want to. I dont think that got anything to do with Future and Thug beef. He can still work with both of em.

I do think its kinda wack that Thug was that shook by Future taking his release date after poppin his mouth. I never want to hear him talk shit about Future again. Just focus on putting yourself in a position where your music and wave is unfadeable so this doesnt happen again. He holding an L as an artist and a man.

I really want to feel sorry for him but he violating his probation with hilariously basic shit. Dude outchea trying to cheat piss tests and shit. He need to get on the straight and narrow. and he needs better people around him.

Imma be different and say Purple Reign > EVOL. Purple Reign was a slap immediately to me. It remind me of throwback Future but with the modern sound he rocking now. I see why he charged for EVOL and made it an album tho.

HiResDes

Calling Kendrick a poor songwriter is the most off base opinion I've ever heard. I mean holy shit what are you talking about, don't punish him for not remaking GKMC over and over for you. The country could erupt in a race riot and Kendrick would be the only mainstream billboard charting rapper to talk about it. He's the most important one in the entire generation and he'll arguably be looked back upon the most fondly given how he's captured the fractured state of black culture and existence on more than the mere surface level of his peers. How can he be the most important and the most overrated? Fuck outta here with that opinion. T. I., Jadakiss, Ludacris, Eminem, these guys haven't put out worthwhile full lengths in over a decade and will go down as rap legends. You don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Bacon

TPAB would be better if Thug did it. Better ear for melody and also uses his voice as an instrument better. Thug probably doesn't listen to jazz or funk but you can hear that stuff in his voice nonetheless.

I probably like thug a lot more than most but come on now, this doesn't even make sense.

Jay "I still dont have an album out" Electronica went off last night, some choice quotes, lmao:
"50 Cent on some sucka shit, well slap 50s eyeballs loose out his fuckin scalp"

On Kendrick: I like Cartoons and Cereal, but other than that, we dont know what that niggas talkin bout.......Kendrick is my son. My baby. He wishes he were me.

Ab Soul is his favourite rapper in TDE.

Action Bronson is a "fat whiteboy Ghostface impersonator but I love him"

Drake aint street but "he makes good music"

PBY

Banned
EVOL will be my most replayed future album.

It has more of the best future. Its obviously not a moment like DS2 was, but recapturing something like that is impossible. I might even like it more than DS2. Some of these beats are just something else.

Not sure what Futures on, he sounds so hungry on this project its wild.

Koozek

real talk, I actually like a lot of Samy's older stuff

That ASD one is my favorite German rap album probably. Listened to it all-day when I was playing Wind Waker as a kid back then. Those Waajeed and Dilla beats, mhmm.

Samy's recent stuff is hot garbage. I'm not listening to German rap anymore anyway. Only following Fler interviews.

FZZ

Banned
Lolwut @ writing an article describing Kanye just as Kanye and everyone who knows Kanye has described Kanye for eternity

Yeah everyone who's ever listened to like any of his albums knows this

But I still found myself reading the comments, and people still don't get it

I'll never understand why he is content with being a villain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom