• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Jay Electronica Disses Kendrick Lamar, Threatens 50 Cent On Periscope

When one fan asked him to put on some Kendrick Lamar, he responded, “Nah, fuck that,” saying he liked Kendrick’s Gunplay collab “Cartoon & Cereal” but “other than that, we don’t know what that nigga talking about…We don’t know what these lames is talking about.”

“Kendrick’ll tell you himself he couldn’t body me. Kendrick is my son. Kendrick is my baby. Kendrick wishes that he could be me.”

Jay also had a few choice words for 50 Cent: “At one point he was a good rapper, right now he got the potential to be a good rapper, but he’s on some sucker shit, and we will slap his fucking eyeballs loose. We’ll slap 50 Cent’s fucking eyeballs loose out his scalp.”

tumblr_inline_mjgvdssCIH1rd196p.gif

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I know it's typical gaf hop tradition to post the same shit accidentally here pages in a row but we don't need jay fucking electronica brought up 3 fucking pages in a row.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
EVOL is okay-to-good, leaning more towards good. Still growing on me with subsequent listens.

A few legitimately good songs, but man, really makes you realize the joke about all KRIT's hooks sounding the same works pretty much the same if not better for Future at this point. I'd rate it much higher than Purple Reign but neither are even in the same plane of existence as DS2, either falling flat on the hooks or songwriting in general, or the production being mixed. The production on EVOL has a lot of real nice atmosphere or sounds that creep up in places but then the drums end up being some super basic shit.

Low Life is by far the best track and a legitimate keeper. Fly Shit Only, Maybach, Lie To Me are good as well, and then there are a bunch of tracks that are mostly carried by production (Xanny Family, Photo Copied, Program) and the rest are somewhere between inoffensive and eye-roll worthy.

not everyone is a superfan Enzo. Calm your tits
Like FZZpure said, even if the only thing you listened to was The College Dropout, you should be aware of this. I mean, insecurity is one of the biggest themes throughout his entire career, that and probably religion.

Eos

the hook on maybach
banderas.png

Laying low in a Maybach
Spraying at you like an Arab
Streets having you going crazy
I got my young n*ggas going crazy

tumblr_mndiotjnm11s8bypgo1_500.gif

Masked up n*gga everyday
Got the sharp stick with me everyday

37-Ski-Mask-Way1.gif

Half a pound in the ash tray
Burn it down n*gga while I wait

future-gif.gif

Burn it down on good drink
On good drink, on good drink

tumblr_nteu8cxRtW1u8vay0o2_540.gif

Money long get your money long
Get these yellow diamonds I ain't had to call

giphy.gif

Ridin' low like an esse
Getting doped up that's everyday

giphy.gif

Hermes on me every day
Keep some Cartier on me every day

tumblr_o05dcx1QVC1uwyz8ho1_500.gif

riotous

Banned
This Anderson .Paak - Malibu is sick; like a more hip hoppy Bilal thanks for the recommendation. For Paak fans I recommend checking out Bilal's "In Another Life" album. Satelites being one of the better tracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJDC4BEEMwo

I apologize for interupting your discussion of some rich fuck; you may return to not talking about hip hop.

FZZ

Banned
is this dude tryna mack on these girls on stream

Honestly I have no clue I am only following KTT rn because they want to get the Shkreli diss out to him

Edit: Uncensored School Spirit. The one in my library is censored as well, and apparently this is the first CDQ uncensored version.

Edit 2: Apparently uncensored version wasn't released because Aretha Franklin wouldn't clear the sample unless it was clean.

DominoKid

Yeah everyone who's ever listened to like any of his albums knows this

But I still found myself reading the comments, and people still don't get it

I'll never understand why he is content with being a villain

Siege mentality.
Being a villain is the best spot to be.
Villains set their own standards whereas heroes have to live up to society's standards.

riotous

Banned
Even if all you ever saw of Kanye were his cocky interviews or other stunts you'd be a fool to not think he was insecure as hell. It's blatantly obvious his cocky stunts are a manifistation of his insecurity.

And just because he acts humble around a legendary music executive/producer doesn't mean he's actually a humble person. That's not uncommon for a narcissist to appear humble to someone they view as a powerful/talented person. And Kanye is certainly a narcissist.

His interviews and the shit he says on Twitter are how he chooses to represent himself; you don't get to pull the "I'm humble" card just because you act that way around the likes of L.A. Reid or have "look at how insecure I am" songs.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
His interviews and the shit he says on Twitter are how he chooses to represent himself; you don't get to pull the "I'm humble" card just because you act that way around the likes of L.A. Reid or have "look at how insecure I am" songs.
Would be a relevant point if everyone who's interacted him personally, of greater or lesser power, didn't all say the same thing that he's super nice and humble (and you hear it most from upcoming artists). He has a reputation of that unless you only pay attention to the TMZ narrative.

Doesn't absolve him of the terrible shit he does say/do, but even if we're taking his twitter and interviews there's plenty of material out there with him showing love to other artists and putting himself beneath others. I wouldn't call dude humble or narcissistic outright, it's clearly a mix and that's most likely because dude is socially awkward and emotional/insecure.

riotous

Banned
Fair enough; I really don't care so I probably shouldn't even comment. I enjoy his music; that's about the extent of it for me. I certainly think he's a narcissit though; most entertainers are.. it's not some terrible thing.

Dereck

Calling Kendrick a poor songwriter is the most off base opinion I've ever heard. I mean holy shit what are you talking about, don't punish him for not remaking GKMC over and over for you. The country could erupt in a race riot and Kendrick would be the only mainstream billboard charting rapper to talk about it. He's the most important one in the entire generation and he'll arguably be looked back upon the most fondly given how he's captured the fractured state of black culture and existence on more than the mere surface level of his peers. How can he be the most important and the most overrated? Fuck outta here with that opinion. T. I., Jadakiss, Ludacris, Eminem, these guys haven't put out worthwhile full lengths in over a decade and will go down as rap legends. You don't know what the hell you're talking about.
Damn

FZZ

Banned
Thug said "Fuck Future" on his periscope

and KTT ended up getting that Shkreli diss played on his stream

Plenty of geniuses become frustrated because they're so far ahead of everyone else they have to constantly explain or justify themselves. It's like a grown adult having a serious conversation with a child. I feel bad for Kanye.

https://soundcloud.com/gi3mo/cheapside

yes yes
there's plenty of material out there with him showing love to other artists
A great example of this would be when he brought all them grime artists out with him at the Brit awards. I love that he did that, it didn't benefit him at all, but he went out of his way and it great things for grime and really helped to raise the profile in the eyes of the UK media and music industry where it was still really niche.

Now a Stormzy video can pull 22 million views, i saw an interview not long ago with someone (may have been Stormzy himself, not big on grime myself) and he was saying how much it did for the scene just by bringing them on stage with him.

IrishNinja

Siege mentality.
Being a villain is the best spot to be.
Villains set their own standards whereas heroes have to live up to society's standards.

damn, #levels here...agreed

Calling Kendrick a poor songwriter is the most off base opinion I've ever heard. I mean holy shit what are you talking about, don't punish him for not remaking GKMC over and over for you. The country could erupt in a race riot and Kendrick would be the only mainstream billboard charting rapper to talk about it. He's the most important one in the entire generation and he'll arguably be looked back upon the most fondly given how he's captured the fractured state of black culture and existence on more than the mere surface level of his peers. How can he be the most important and the most overrated? Fuck outta here with that opinion. T. I., Jadakiss, Ludacris, Eminem, these guys haven't put out worthwhile full lengths in over a decade and will go down as rap legends. You don't know what the hell you're talking about.

bout to blaze one in honor of this post, dez trynna tell ya'll this cave got you studyin shadows nahmean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom