• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

SNL doesn't air on the west coast for a few hours still, but sounds like Kanye did High Lights with Young Thug and The-Dream. Thugger on SNL!

Alchemist did work on Disappearing Ink lawwwwwwwwd

Yuck at 192-256 + Datpiff tags though. Need a HQ version asap.

EDIT: 500 Pounds of Gas whew

Dereck

Life of Pablo up on Tidal
5yKBgUb.png

I'm loving how the drums fit the main sample like a glove

Shit so dark you need night vision just to listen

So dope. Curren$y + Styles is always a winner.

The Carrolton Heist sounds like even more of a Curren$y/Alchemist project than Covert Coup. It's not as immediately great as that (not many things are) but the darker, jazzier, smoother vibe is really good.

The outro slayed me.

yeah it's such an upbeat track when that outro comes. honestly the best parts of this album are the little things like that.

oh man this guy really doesn't want to stay in one place. he may be an absolute nutty buffoon in the public eye but as an artist he remains really interesting. this is great.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm lightweight offended at this Future biter tbh
He reminds me way more of Migos, in delivery and voice.

Anyways, pretty weird situation. Dude has a breakout hit, gets signed, and then his claim to fame gets fused into Part 2. I mean it works incredibly well but I wonder what that does for his momentum/trajectory as an artist.

Track rankings(2 hours in lmao)
1. FADE
2. Father Stretch My Hands Pt.1(Kid Cudi hook gives me hope)
3. Real Friends
4. Pt.2
5. FML
6. Freestyle 4
7. Highlights
8. 30 Hours(SoundCloud version)

Drop in quality.

9. Waves
10. Ultra Light Beam(only for Chance's verse, just not a huge fan of big choir gospel songs)
11. Feedback
12. NMPILA
13. Famous
14. Facts(Charlie Heat version)
15. Wolves( go fuck yourself Kanye)

Good album Kanye.

brehs considering the four tracks after the intermission are just bonus tracks this is probably the most consistent in quality album kanye has ever produced. there's no bound 2 on here, or a drunk and hot girls etc. it definitely aint >> 808s, yeezus or mbdtf but he got some great sounds on here. waves -> wolves is a stretch that will never get old.

FML and Famous have god-tier outros.

FZZ

Banned
I'm gonna make a vow to not hear anything for VFT6 so I can go in blind

even tho Ye's album is amazing, it would've been even better if I didn't watch Yeezy Season 3 and then fiend off stream rips for two days before

Fjordson

I dunno...some of the songs on Life of Pablo just sound like half finished demos or something. I'm not usually one to care about something being "cohesive" or whatever, but this is all over the place.

A few of these tracks are amazing though. Like 30 Hours goddamn. The new Last Call. Should have ended the album with this. Even Andre 3000's bit part adds a lot to the song imo.

edit: guest spots are hit and miss also. Thugger needed more to do on High Lights. And I'm not really a fan of Desiigner. Sounds like he's doing a Future impression at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom