• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZhB8dIvH.png

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/698393737798533120

lol

Top 20 Favorite Rappers

20. Twista
19. DMX
18. Busta Rhymes
17. Black Thought
16. Lupe Fiasco
15. 2Pac
14. Kurtis Blow
13. MC Ride
12. Kool Keith
11. Sage Francis
10. MCA
9. GZA
8. Nas
7. Canibus
6. Eyedea
5. Kool G Rap
4. Rakim
3. Aesop Rock
2. Kendrick Lamar
1. Eminem

OG Kush

Yeah not too impressed with the kanye album, from listening to the steam and then a rip of the stream at work yesterday. Don't get me wrong its not bad, the production all sounds really good but in a product of our time way.
Theres something missing? Theres no "soul", no substance. Its fine but not what you expect from Kanye's standards. Like if this was a Travis Scott album it'd be fire. It kinda feels like the way some of cruel summer did. Decent songs but I aint going to listen to them a year from now.
Not to mention he fucked up Wolves. And yeah Kanye is not known for his lyrics but some of lyrics and even some of his flows are just dead on this.

Dereck

Yeah not too impressed with the kanye album, from listening to the steam and then a rip of the stream at work yesterday. Don't get me wrong its not bad, the production all sounds really good but in a product of our time way.
Theres something missing? Theres no "soul", no substance. Its fine but not what you expect from Kanye's standards. Like if this was a Travis Scott album it'd be fire. It kinda feels like the way some of cruel summer did. Decent songs but I aint going to listen to them a year from now.
Not to mention he fucked up Wolves. And yeah Kanye is not known for his lyrics but some of lyrics and even some of his flows are just dead on this.
It's also not finished or actually out.

Ninja Dom

wlNSP.gif

big
nas
redman
pac
q-tip
meth
cube
gza
rakim
ghost

alternates: jay, guru, ll, 3k, killer mike, prolly kdot after another album or so...i wanna say com, DOOM & mos here but they're even less consistent

Irish, you definitely a man of the 90's & 2000's. The Wu is strong with you.

I find it hard to do a favourite rapper list as my taste changes and moves in waves. So I have to put different era's of rappers. For example, 1995/1996 Prodigy (cos a 2000's Prodigy is straight up wack!) Or 98/99 Eminem? 95 Ghost, 2006/2007 Max B, Even 2016 Future.

Even then it's tough to put them in an ascending/descending list.

Nibel

Woke up and thought about getting that fucking Ye album and then I saw the new tweets and that he delayed it again

This album rollout brehs

kzqrolh8vqo7.gif

Shiiet i doubt i could give you 10 rappers decisively never mind 20

How about first rap record you ever owned? Mine was Restless. D.N.A still goes, these X verses were the first that had me reaching for the rewind.

HiiiLife

Pretty sure the first Rap album I could buy was T.I.s Urban Legend or College Dropout. Was bumming burned discs prior to that lol.

Majid Jordan debut album sold less than 5k lmao. I listened to it. Only good songs were the singles.

I guess they're gonna be relegated back to ghost writers for Drake like the rest of OVO. Aubrey didn't even tweet or IG their album damn
Drake didn't even give them promo on Twitter. Maybe he was upset about the Hot 97 interview/alleged exposal. Or maybe he just doesn't care about anyone his label.

Ninja Dom

Sean Paul came up on radio. Completely forgot this dudr had hits and the sexiest women gyrating their bodies in his music videos.

I Google Imaged it to see the hair, but what I got was hell:

Sean Paul without braids is no Sean Paul to me. These chicks in his Temperature music video tho lol.

Sean Paul ALERT!!

He's featured on the brand new Sia song, Cheap Thrills that came out a couple of days ago. Warning: He doesn't appear in the video.

https://youtu.be/nYh-n7EOtMA

DominoKid

Majid Jordan debut album sold less than 5k lmao. I listened to it. Only good songs were the singles.

I guess they're gonna be relegated back to ghost writers for Drake like the rest of OVO. Aubrey didn't even tweet or IG their album damn

Some people are just meant to be behind the scenes in the industry and Majid Jordan fall in that category.

The album is alright structurally but itd be better if someone else sang every song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom