• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.
No More Parties In L.A. is super boring btw. Good to hear Kanye trying again on his verse, but the track made my eyes glaze over. Not what I want from SWISH.

Nabs

I can't wait for this NxWorries album to hit. The joints they put out are so damn smooth. Link Up & Suede.

vs4saIx.gif

IrishNinja

Ohnonono

Like the new Future but man I hate DJ drops on mixtapes. I would pay the dude for the music if I could get it without the drop.

No More Parties In L.A. is super boring btw. Good to hear Kanye trying again on his verse, but the track made my eyes glaze over. Not what I want from SWISH.

I wouldn't call it super boring, but I definitely see where you're coming from.

Also, Deltron 3030? A must listen for everybody. Too good. I wish Del didn't become...Del.

NewFresh

Like the new Future but man I hate DJ drops on mixtapes. I would pay the dude for the music if I could get it without the drop.

But it's THE COOLEST DJ IN THE WORLD

At least just do it once at the beginning. Hate that shit right in the middle of the song. Trash bags.

I'm glad someone mentioned this. It takes me out of the songs entirely. It's like makes me think it's some shitty rip downloaded from kazaa.

Also, do your intro but make it short or at least go with the beat. DJ ESCO IS THE COOLEST DJ IN THE WORLD is something a 12 year old would put on there.

And everyone always forgets koala. Shameful.

VERY slept on.

So Deltron 3030.....

I don't know, I've never really been able to get into this album until now, but I'm not sure if I find it to be as good as people make it out to be....I feel as a concept album, it kind of falls apart. It feels disjointed and it doesn't do a very good job of crafting a cohesive narrative. good kidd showed it can be done. Maybe something will uncover itself in the near future, though.

I do like it though, but I would probably give it a seven out of ten at this point. It's fun to listen to, that's for sure. Never realized just how unique and well crafted Dan The Automator is as a producer; dude has a great ear.

That's because you haven't listened to it's prequel, Dr. Octagon.
troll.png

Seriously though, I've always felt 3030 was a more streamlined sequel to Dr. Octagon.

Syntsui

Just saw that Malibu isn't even Paak.'s first album, there is another one released in 2014 called Venice. I just can't get enough off his music, I hope he sells enough to escalate his career.

Fjordson

Interesting. I think Del is way, way better personally. Or at least has the better discography. Dr. Octagon was great, but I never really enjoyed any of Keith's other albums.

Del has 3030, Future Development, No Need For Alarm, Hiero stuff, etc.

injurai

Banned
Interesting. I think Del is way, way better personally. Or at least has the better discography. Dr. Octagon was great, but I never really enjoyed any of Keith's other albums.

dap

That's because you haven't listened to it's prequel, Dr. Octagon
troll.png

Seriously though, I've always felt 3030 was a more streamlined sequel to Dr. Octagon.

Ahem....

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=191926686&postcount=19807

Honestly, I like Del better as a rapper, LOL. Though of course he never made Criticial Beatdown or Dr. Octagon.

Koozek

So Deltron 3030.....

I don't know, I've never really been able to get into this album until now, but I'm not sure if I find it to be as good as people make it out to be....I feel as a concept album, it kind of falls apart. It feels disjointed and it doesn't do a very good job of crafting a cohesive narrative. good kidd showed it can be done. Maybe something will uncover itself in the near future, though.

I do like it though, but I would probably give it a seven out of ten at this point. It's fun to listen to, that's for sure. Never realized just how unique and well crafted Dan The Automator is as a producer; dude has a great ear.

Gonna give it my first listen now. Del is Ice Cube's cousin or so, no? The drummer from Gorillaz, too, or am I mixing up?

Ohnonono

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/purple-reign-feat.-future/id1076237617

no dj tags

his other mixtapes(monster,beast mode, 56 nights) are on itunes and spotify too

WTF, why does this not come up on my phone.

Says not available in the US. Odd.

Edit: Found a version from itunes on a mixtape site. Sounds like Esco will put stuff up and then take it down after a day or so. Not sure why but none of those mixtapes listed are actually available in the US itunes store.

I don't know if this question is long overdo or just repeating oneself....but what did everyone think about Yeezus?

I really don't know what to think, honestly. Even as someone who loves Experimental music (I mean, Edgard Varese is one of my favorite Classical Composers), this album is certainly off-kilter; Kanye as a presence probably has something to do with it, ha ha.

I don't know if this question is long overdo or just repeating oneself....but what did everyone think about Yeezus?

I really don't know what to think, honestly. Even as someone who loves Experimental music (I mean, Edgard Varese is one of my favorite Classical Composers), this album is certainly off-kilter; Kanye as a presence probably has something to do with it, ha ha.

I loved the album.

Black Skinhead into I Am A God is one of the illest transitions ever.

BLKKK SKKKN HEAD is Ye's best song.

Has a few song si really don't like but Yeezuz is probably his best album.

Floridian

It's my 3rd favorite Kanye album & it still sounds fresh to me.

Syntsui

Has some of the worst Kanye songs along with some great ones. Average album at the best.

-> Press play, expect a single track
-> Scroll down, notice it's an EP

Well ok then :)

I still like Yeezus. A few duds on there, but I Am A God, I'm In It, Blood of The Leaves, Guilt Trip, Send It Up are dope. Black Skinhead and New Slaves are harder to stomach because it's Kanye rapping, but they're solid tracks.

Plus Hold My Liquor is the best thing. The best thing.

I can't fathom how some people can like I am a God, that's straight up one of Kanye's worst songs.

Oftentimes with Kanye, for me, it comes down to whether or not the music can overpower his obnoxious lyrics and tendencies. In the case of I Am A God, it absolutely does. I love the production on that track. On top of that, the verses are SO over the top that Kanye becomes a parody of himself and it works 100%.

Plus the screaming/instrumental run at the end is A+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom