• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntsui

Oftentimes with Kanye, for me, it comes down to whether or not the music can overpower his obnoxious lyrics and tendencies. In the case of I Am A God, it absolutely does. I love the production on that track. On top of that, the verses are SO over the top that Kanye becomes a parody of himself and it works 100%.

Plus the screaming/instrumental run at the end is A+

Well... Some tastes are quite peculiar I guess.

Reckoner

I really like Guilt Trip. And Devil In a New Dress was one of my favs from MBDTF. I'm always fond of the most unpopular songs, it seems. Both feel very personal/intimate, which is probably why I like them so much.

Koozek

Yeezus might be my favorite Kanye album

giphy.gif

LR >>>

Courage

I realized I was in the minority when everyone was calling for him to go back to College Dropout's sound and I'm like "Nahh, keep pushing this electronic stuff pls"

*shrug*

I'm with you breh, leave that sound in the past. The Syphon Filters of the world will get over it. Kanye is in the position to push the envelope even further after Yeezus and collaborate with more up and coming artists, so it's kinda disappointing to see him go from Arca to Madlib after hearing No More Parties In LA.

FZZ

Banned
SWISH is gonna have a new sound

My only fear was if that sound would be mediocre which is something I never expect from Kanye. With these tracks we know he's still capable and that's all I needed to know, especially after a year of Only One, Four Five Seconds, and Facts.

Nabs

She's never had a feature that added to the song.

I was about to say... I really hope she blows, because I'd love it if she could just put out music without worrying about the features or producers. She's good, and her last album was great, but I can't get with most of these rap verses.

BLKKK SKKKN HEAD is Ye's best song.

Has a few song si really don't like but Yeezuz is probably his best album.

Yeah, this. The beat and the atmosphere, emotions....you get it.

Oftentimes with Kanye, for me, it comes down to whether or not the music can overpower his obnoxious lyrics and tendencies. In the case of I Am A God, it absolutely does. I love the production on that track. On top of that, the verses are SO over the top that Kanye becomes a parody of himself and it works 100%.

Plus the screaming/instrumental run at the end is A+

This is pretty much what turns me off from Kanye. Even for a genre that's known for, well, ego-centered braggadocio, Kanye West comes off as an arrogant jackass, and not in a good way. He's grating to listen to. He's also severely limited as a rapper too at times, I can't stand his subject matter. But he's capable of creating some damn good rap songs.

Omzz

She's never had a feature that added to the song.

just another typical juicy j feature, was expecting it.

I think it'll be similar to aquarius where the first couple singles will be features with the rest just her.

Dereck

I'd love to agree with this but Keith has no quality control whatsoever and will release absolute garbage. Del has a solid discography for the most part.
Kool Keith just keeps rolling out albums regardless of their quality. He has about 4-5 good to decent releases, the rest is all over the place.

Del has about 4 great albums, most of his best work is 2000s and before. His output after has been subpar and somewhat worthless.

I'll give it to Del just because he has less worthless albums than Keith.

And smh at Keith for wasting all of the beats from TomC3 on this album.

5068933.jpg

Speaking of Kanye, I believe I had Gorgeous on loop for almost a fucking hour....the hook by Kid Cudi is one of the most addicting things I've heard in the rap genre, so good.

Gonna give it my first listen now. Del is Ice Cube's cousin or so, no? The drummer from Gorillaz, too, or am I mixing up?

Damn, missed this comment. My bad.

Yeah, Del is Ice Cube's cousin, man that's fucking weird. I don't think the Gorillaz had a drummer? Fucking hell, I've never even listened to that group....I think I have to listen to them more in depth.

DominoKid

Nard & B stole another Future tape with this Inside The Mattress joint. They did the Throwaway joint from Monster too. I'd love to see them do an EP together or at least work together more often.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Purple Reign is solid and I'm glad it exists but I do feel like Future in this current form is starting to feel a bit formulaic. This much great music in barely over a year is a ridiculous accomplishment but it's time to hold off for a bit and focus on doing something different before it starts to get redundant.

Eos

I don't know if this question is long overdo or just repeating oneself....but what did everyone think about Yeezus?

I really don't know what to think, honestly. Even as someone who loves Experimental music (I mean, Edgard Varese is one of my favorite Classical Composers), this album is certainly off-kilter; Kanye as a presence probably has something to do with it, ha ha.

I rank it as my second favourite Kanye album, the production is amazing. Liked every track except Bound 2, which is the worst song on the album. I wouldn't mind (and I hope) that he does another album like it but I don't think it'll happen.

Yeah, I'm not feeling Kendrick on this. I mean, he's decent, but not what you've come to expect from him. He does find the flow towards the end of the first verse though.

Kanye went in though.
Ye totally got Kendrick on this track, brought it 110%. These last few songs from Ye been heat. Lets run back those doom and gloom comments I saw up in here after that 1 throwaway Nike track and see how dumb they look in hindsight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom