• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

Also I'm really not feeling Evol besides a few tracks. I don't know if it's just too much Future but his content just lacks a fresh feeling at this point. Thing is there are some undeniably fantastic beats here; yet it still manages to bore.

Purple Reign > Evol.

Bacon

Also I'm really not feeling Evol besides a few tracks. I don't know if it's just too much Future but his content just lacks a fresh feeling at this point. Thing is there are some undeniably fantastic beats here; yet it still manages to bore.

Purple Reign > Evol.

I haven't really been feeling anything from future since DS2 to be honest. He just is really uninteresting on the mic and the beats alone can't carry the projects.

Courage

Purple Reign > Evol.

Agreed. Feels like a bunch of throwaways he had in the vault.

Eos

Purple Reign > Evol.
Yeah i agree
Evol has higher highs (maybach, low life, and fly shit only) but purple reign is the better overall project because almost every track is better than the rest of evol.

Purple Reign > Evol.

I only like Hater Shit off Purple Reign

Evol got In Her Mouth, Maybach, Xanny, Lil Haiti Baby, and Seven Rings. That stretch from the beginning of the album to Seven Rings is great, then the album tapers off.

Dereck

The arrowheads of Cupid hit the target of the Zulu through the ukulele halos in the gardens of the guru.
I FUCKING CAN'T

SMyp6lL.gif

Jesus fuck. Pete Rock and C.L. Smooth......

I am totally out of the loop, jesus fuck. I just sat down to listen to these guys....I think I'm going to buy both of their albums ASAP.

overcast

I only like Hater Shit off Purple Reign

Evol got In Her Mouth, Maybach, Xanny, Lil Haiti Baby, and Seven Rings. That stretch from the beginning of the album to Seven Rings is great, then the album tapers off.
I like every track up to hater shit on Purple Reign and Run Up. Think there are like 4 songs off Evol that are cool.

I recorded this on my phone. Just thought up the lyrics on my drive home from work, found the first beat on spotify that I thought sounded alright and did it in like 3 takes. So it took about an hour.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0ZryXy0hUCy

Its obviously rusty but I would like to hear what you think. Im thinking of getting back into it and actually recording some stuff. I have no equipment though so it might be a while yet.

yes those are my birds chirping in the background

CoolOff

Yeah I've gone through EVOL a couple of times as my first solo Future project, and only In Her Mouth and Xanny really stand out. Those two are amazing though.

I’m tryna fuck the DA lady in her mouth though
Hit some R&B shit on the jet though
I got stacks on me, got stacks on me like Alpo
As a young ass nigga I was dead broke

Oh well, on to DS2.

Fjordson

Purple Reign > Evol.
Yeah, it's not bad but not too exciting.

I really love Seven Rings for some reason, though. Love that beat. Especially whatever that sample is of the female vocals in the background during the chorus. Shit is spooky.

It's probably his best project since Skinny.
Think I might agree. Great production, no filler, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom